Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Has anyone seen their companions use magic? I've equipped them but so far no dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Question: I'm on chapter 10.

Is there open world stuff basically done? Do I always have to use umbra to go back in time?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Man I'm really confused then but I guess it'll sort itself out.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The choice of FF14 tracks was really pathetic too. That was a big let down.

Finishing up the game now and this whole time I'm just having Xenogears PTSD flashbacks to my childhood years. Such a weird late game.

air- posted:

Confession: I feel real dumb for only now realizing that you can hard lock in combat by pushing the map button...

:pusheen:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

MMD3 posted:

I think they should have started everyone in Wait mode because Libra is really handy and it's the only way to get a good sense of the tactical side of combat.

What exactly constitutes tactical combat in FF15?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Have I always had Libra Elementia on Ignis cause I don't remember ever seeing it.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Chapter 13's terribleness was vastly overstated, at least compared to other JRPGs. It is certainly a bad chapter but not like "jfc uninstalling" bad.

Anyway I had a question going into chapter 14: was I supposed to recognize the names that Ardyn drops? He dropped his full name which I sorta recognized but everything was moving p fast. I didn't recognize the other.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Man the Titan animation is really bad compared to the other summons.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Shoren posted:

Press square/X when the weapon is equipped. Still it's dumb that you can't preview it from the weapons list.

I think it's R3 or L3 to compare weapons which will show you the weapon graphic.

I think l1+r1 to activate Goku mode is the hardest for me. I have to hit it a couple times for it to finally stick instead of bringing up the tech menu. I think a control type change would fix this maybe but I don't feel like changing after 50 hours.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Should I just get real used to getting one shot in the post game content?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Do the super weapons just laying around on the ground in the post game get marked as procurement points or do you just look them up?

Not talking about the legendary quest weapons here. Just collecting stuff.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

beergod posted:

Is the game running significantly better on a PS4 pro such that it's worth the upgrade? I mainly game on Pc so the PS4 version I'm running is underwhelming to me. I have a 4K tv.
The games a lot prettier but I'm really glad I didn't buy a pro just for ff15 myself.

I thought the base ps4 performance was quite great.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What's the point of these channels? Killed a boss but didn't find any loot!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Hold back on the stick with daggers and do a blind strike I think. Oh wow that video has it without a blind strike, I'd be curious then too!

The tonberry post game boss is hilarious.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Man why are they adding this cross chain system now of all times, I don't get what this game is trying to do anymore.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
https://twitter.com/Rurouni720/status/891870162101702656

It looks cool enough I guess!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I was catching up on what I've missed and caught this gem too

https://twitter.com/WestinWt78/status/890901575685742593

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn6Sy3Xx5Ss

Some Assassin's Creed x FF15 crossover. Ahaha, I just don't even know anymore.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

esperterra posted:

Having to redo colour customizations when switching outfits is my biggest problem with Comrades, so far. It has a lot of small annoyances but mostly ones that exist in the base game, like kicking in and out of menus when talking to people and the weird wait times when doing stuff like that.

Isn't that what the avatar list is for? I haven't messed with it too much but I think you can swap around to avatars like they are outfit slots.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Looks like switching avatars does reset your level back to 1. I thought you could use them as outfit slots to get around that problem but seems not.

This mode is a lot of fun but I echo the many little complaints sentiment.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Biggest pet peeves is the disconnects that happen inevitably and you need to go all the way out to the menu to reconnect. It's about a 5 minute process of load screens, oof.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

SylvainMustach posted:

So far I've only had the game crash twice. These, by the way, are the only crashes that I've experienced while playing anything in FFXV.

That out of the way, I really like Comrades. Didn't think I would, but it's actually really fun and a nice narrative tie-in. I also appreciate that you don't have to be online to complete it. I don't play many games online and it's really welcoming.

Out of curiosity were you able to play without psn+?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

DrakePegasus posted:

No monsters are spawning for me in Comrades. I guess this is a good ending.
That's by far the worst bug. It happens in quite a few missions and I'm not sure I believe the you gotta run somewhere to trigger em. It just seems like something desyncs.

The worst is when like the lobby, er, "camp" lags and everyone gets stuck there until the person in question times out and is replaced by an AI.

Anyway this mode seems incomplete. There's no way all the sigils can be in the game unless the map expands somehow.

• Locked thread