Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Having watched the first episode of the anime, I gotta say I loving loved Noct moving the lettuce and tomato off of his burger and onto Ignis's tray.

And holy poo poo every time they release more trailers I get more excited than I think I should. This game is gonna be :krad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Unlucky7 posted:

^^^
Yeah, it was mostly "Yo, look at what we can do!". That said, one of the spell items you can get (Star shower, was it?) was really impressive.

What hype? In fact, I don't think the Final Fantasy name has ever been weaker.

It was Meteorain, one of Cloud's limit breaks :colbert:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Phantasium posted:

Not that it says it in the demo, but you can use R3 to lock on to the enemy with the reticle currently over it, and you will automatically throw it towards them. Speaking of which, I noticed it's less of a pain to lock onto things than it was in Duscae.

Nah it does say that in the demo, that's how I figured out that you could lock-on.

VVV: Aw jeez what the heck

Xad fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 1, 2016

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Real hurthling! posted:

can you run and roll around in combat like most 3rd person action games in ff15? having to stand and block in ff13:LR was a really weird feeling bummer imo.

Yep, the combat in FFXV is far more like Kingdom Hearts than LR, go look up some videos on youtube if you're curious.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
If nothing else, I liked the idea that the delay would allow them to have the "day-1" patch on all the discs, so people without an internet connection don't have to play a shittier version of the game.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

RCarr posted:

I want to play this game really badly.

:same:

drat, everything looks so good, and I really really want to play the updated combat engine but not only against an Iron Knight.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
So I preordered the digital deluxe version from amazon, but didn't get any email with a road trip key in it. Is it supposed to be in the same email with the game code when the game comes out? I tried contacting support and they didn't help.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Alder posted:

Extra Amazon Road trip code: 2165297892054164

Thanks!

So a question for the thread before the game comes out: Who is your favorite of the main party? (And why is it Prompto?)

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Extra Amazon Road Trip Code: Taken!

Xad fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 28, 2016

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
This game is super fun so far, and one time I glitched Ignis into dancing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3IiK_v70fo

I jumped over a wall to talk to that guy, and Ignis must've still been in his falling animation. Only caught the end of it on the recording, but he was tap dancing with his arms out for the whole conversation, it was pretty :laffo:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Also let me be the first to say that I love the FFVI-style sprites on the equipment/store menus that show who can equip what gear.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Game is fun so far. Combat flows nicely and there's a lot more depth to it than it appears at first glance, though big fights with lots of enemies are kinda annoying sometimes because you'll be setting up for a parry or trying to maneuver for a blindside strike and get knocked out of it by some enemy rushing you from off-screen, especially if they can knock you down.Timed dodging with that skill that replenishes a bit of MP every time you do it is neat, though the timing can be pretty tricky since you can't dodge if you are in an attack animation and there doesn't seem to be any way to cancel out of one.

So actually, you can cancel out of basically everything by holding the guard button mid-combo. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it's way easier to do this on control style B, where guard is L1 and attack is square, so you can switch between the two without letting go of one first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkFSsnym3Lg

This video goes over it a bit.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Raxivace posted:

Did anyone else not receive the DLC codes from the Road Trip game? I never got the e-mail I was supposed to get...

If you didn't go to the road trip website and tell it to send you codes, do that first.

If you have, I dunno, try again? Then email support?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The Carbuncle thing shows up in the tutorial with whatever name you gave it. IDK if there's more

I completely forgot about this, so when I started the game and all the other pre-order bonus messages and stuff were popping up, I got one that was like "Because you played Platinum Demo, Tim will join you!" and I was wondering who the gently caress "Tim" was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Thumbtacks posted:

The guns seem fairly underwhelming, you just plink away at people. Is there a trick to them or are they not meant to be used that often? Also there's something about absorbing the elements of what thy kill, how does that work?

Weapons that say they absorb elements give you magic when you kill enemies using them.

• Locked thread