Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh, they just patched some story stuff about Astrals into chapter 12, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, I'm going to load it up later and check it out. I'm down with them adding more story content, I figured they were done with that and focusing on post game stuff at this point. Just wish it was story content about ... idk, anything else. The war of the Astrals stuff is a fuzzy and vague, sure, but not knowing their history doesn't bother me as much as the other gaps in the plot.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I thought they said they're supporting the game through 2018, so I would expect more free little story patches to come out. Maybe even another DLC set after Ignis and the multiplayer expansion.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Gologle posted:

I think the World of Ruin is coming sometime after Ignis' DLC.

Yeah, but not too far after.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Man this thread's notifications be buggin' out.

Looking forward to being able to pick up more than one hunt. Do we know if there's going to be an arbitrary limit on it or what?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's super obnoxious mods pls fix

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Phantasium posted:

page 130 is still gonna suck, though

I read page 130 after the patches so I'm good.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jimbot posted:

The parry is also really bad as the game doesn't give you any indication of which enemy is attacking you, so you have to guess when to hit the button.

You don't hit the button for a parry, you hold it down when the indicator pops up. I think someone already mentioned you hold dodge down to auto dodge, though this drains stamina. To dodge without losing stamina (and gain some if you bought the perk) you hit the dodge button directly before being attacked and blink through it.

That said, yeah the combat is pretty clunky but I found it fun. My biggest issue is potion management for your team when in a tough battle, it really breaks the flow opening the menu constantly to top people up.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I heard good things about the beta. It's also supposed to have some World of Ruin story, I believe, so I'm going to be playing it anyway.

It's only about 8GB, not too bad. PSN is being a ho, though.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

You can get it via the pass or on its own, I believe.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The character creator is consuming my life. The weed isn't helping.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It broke again.

e: oh double posting fixed it, but it ate my last one.

The character creator is consuming my life. The weed isn't helping.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm enjoying this a lot so far. Excited to later dig into the creator more with multiple avatars.

It can definitely use some QoL stuff, though. And Quick Play is buggy and will boot you from the server sometimes, making you kick out to the main menu to load back in.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Having to redo colour customizations when switching outfits is my biggest problem with Comrades, so far. It has a lot of small annoyances but mostly ones that exist in the base game, like kicking in and out of menus when talking to people and the weird wait times when doing stuff like that.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rascyc posted:

Isn't that what the avatar list is for? I haven't messed with it too much but I think you can swap around to avatars like they are outfit slots.

No, I mean outfit customizations. If you switch items of clothing they reset to default colour scheme.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Tabata wants to keep working on it and add more Luna backstory and Ardyn backstory, but once the season pass is fulfilled we probably won't know for a little while whether Squeenix is going to let him keep sinking time and money into it.

Comrades will more than likely keep getting content. There are sigils you gain from each of the kings, and afaik the people who have hit post game for it say there are several king sigils missing still.

But idk.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ApplesandOranges posted:

Cor might get playable too.

Honestly the game is pretty solid right now, unless you're bumrushing all the content, going at a steady pace after December should hold you long enough.

Yeah, this. When they do add story content it usually isn't much, anyway, and the game has a chapter select so you can jump in to see the new stuff whenever.

Just play it imo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Baron Corbyn posted:

Ah, can you actually explore the World of Ruin now? Not being able to do that was my biggest disappointment from the base game last year.

Yes and no. There's no real exploration, just hub areas and hunts. But it's filling in some of those WoR blanks.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Are you using Quick Play? It's bugged right now. Once I started searching for parties via Custom, I stopped getting dropped from the server.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, if they iron out some of the bugginess and keep adding content, this could be really special. It functions really well as something to just pick up and play for 10-15 minutes, too, which I appreciate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I want dance emotes, goddamnit.

• Locked thread