Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_OF7xFFaG0

Pax west footage, more context magic (Don't use lightning magic when near water)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Clarification on what tabata meant by the first half being open world and the 2nd half being linear:

quote:

DS: You mentioned that the first part of the game is open world, while the second part tightens on a more story-driven narrative, built around a train ride. During that second part, can we still go back and explore the open world, or we’re bound to the linear path until the end? I remember that we’ll get the flying Regalia only towards the end of the game, so there has to be some room for roaming, isn’t it?

HT: To go back on the more linear part of the game… It actually transfers into that linear part of gameplay when the story ramps up and gets into its final stages. Rather than the latter half of the game, it’s very close to the end of the game, so to speak.

After the train segment, the whole structure of the game completely changes. You cannot go back and forth on the world map between the two parts. That said, there is gonna be a menu function that allows you to access the earlier areas that you roamed around in the earlier parts of the game.

Once you’re done with the train segment, it’s not yet the end of the game. There is still another set of events that awaits you. I can’t tell you what it’s going to be, but it drastically changes up [the game].

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Has anyone said how long they expect the game to be?

Last official word was about 50 hours for the main campaign, not taking any sidequests into effect.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tabata has also been as transparent as possible about the game outside of taping daily work hours.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's a new sku

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tabata's heavily hinted that a lot of their decisions are still based on the domestic market, and Japan sure as poo poo ain't buying a ps4 pro if they're struggling to sell ps4's.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Probably because the LE is primarily still trying to get japanese gamers to buy a ps4, similar to their campaign with Dragon Quest Heroes which sold a bunch of consoles. Sony doesn't care which ps4 japan has as long as they have any ps4.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

All their good demo testers were taken by Nier Automata.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It amazes/depresses me how graphically nitpicky people have become. :psyduck:

Stay away from the thread if a PC version ever comes out, then.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

And can't spell "lose" to save their lives.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Stumpus posted:

Every final fantasy is on PC. I'll wager this one will be out on PC in a few months.

I don't see tactics on steam

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I finally started watching the euro gamer one, when did they change how to do parry?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Never like anything, there. Solved you problem. And call it trash if anyone says otherwise to double down.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Potions being treated like normal energy drinks but turned into healing items because of noctis"s powers is a really cool idea.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

LordMune posted:

13-2 was good, comparatively speaking - and also mostly developed by Tri-Ace. Lightning Returns was Square-Enix again, and it was awful.

Yeah, you're a big fan of tri-ace all right

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCvtl3jwnkc

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RatHat posted:

The death spell does seem really strong. I might have to make an effort NOT to use it.

The death spell takes a long time depending on the strength of the enemy and it's a late game spell.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wait mode seems like that thing I turn on during boss battles with multiple parts.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You can literally beat dmc with guns (some websites have done this), you do the more advanced stuff for better grades. Which is probably the same in FF15. You never need to do anything complicated in most rpgs to beat them anyway.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

"They forgot to add in a save system."

You forgot?????

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If no one saw it yet, they confirmed Gladio's sister is a combat guest character, and she attacks with a stuffed moogle.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Episode Duscae only came out a year ago. It's crazy to me how much the combat changed this late into development.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think the average preview build was maximum 15 hours and you have to skip most of the sidequests to reach chapter 5. Out of 15.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's very hard to describe because most action games don't give big bonuses to positional and limb damage. And then those games tend to not have great evasion and parry mechanics, along with trigger-specific teammates.

I would say it might be the most tactical action-rpg just because of what I mentioned.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDa8venns9E

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Xbone is the PS2 of the generation in terms of power. It will always be the worst version of a cross platform game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The magic system of being able to pump up a spell's power up to 99 for a super charged attack is a really interesting way that will never be used because most people will just hoard magic like precious elixer.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

what

you level up your chocobo riding skills and it literally says Con-Kweh-Tulations

who localized this, Koji fox

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's playable with a patch, so far. The prologue chapter can last an hour or 10 depending on what you want to do.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The gwyn example is not what lead with as an example of wrong spoilers

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The open worldness is more like 85% of the game. It's another mistranslation or misunderstanding of Tabata, as he said the "linear" part of the game is endgame stuff.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

"easy and no one will go beyond basic mechanics"

So it's a final fantasy game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's 4 hours of gameplay by eurogamer, riding Chocobos level up your riding ability which increases stamina and something else.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ifrit's been evil before. Confirmed summons have been Shiva, Titan, Ramuh, and Leviathan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_0OCZC8TVY

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Caphi posted:

Actually how do chocobos work? I thought about it slightly more and it's my main FFXV concern. You rent them for some days and can ride them around and park them wherever, right?

You get a flute to summon them under rental, and you can race with them in a mini-game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is it still that brazillian streamer or are other countries getting early releases?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Augus posted:

Are all of these streamers showing stuff we've seen a million times already? Cuz it sure seems that way.

90% of the demos and previews were in the first 3 chapters so it's going to take a while to get to actual new stuff unless they literally skip every possible non MSQ.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm getting reminded again that people are very bad at anything remotely actiony

Tabata literally gave people an option to hold dodge to forever avoid things and people still getting hit by 10 second start up attacks

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

lets hang out posted:

tbf it doesn't actually let you dodge everything

The guy I'm watching hasn't avoided an attack once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Reviewers and fandom are on opposite sides a lot of the times. Look at FF13 or Devil May Cry reboot which the reviewers raved about it and the fandom loathed it. Hell, the director of Zelda said the reason why Twilight Princess looked the way it did was because of the fan backlash from the "Celda" look of windwaker.

• Locked thread