Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
The second squeaky hammer not only squeaks but makes an over dramatic shockwave too. I refuse to use anything else and wish I could fight the last boss with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Just got the "hanging out with Prompto on top of the motel" scene and I was expecting to be roasting these boys with my friends the entire game, not caring about them and wanting to know more about them. I even had Ignis make one of Promto's favorites the next time we camped. SE's writing team did a good job with these boys.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I am unreasonably upset Oblivion isn't in the FFXIV songset.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Found the Dissidia soundtracks and now I'm enjoying butt rock road trips.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Just to ask, what soundtracks are in this game? I thought I was just the mainline stuff but then there's Dissidia's here so just wondering if I should be on the look out for Tactics or X-2 somewhere in here.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

drat I was hoping to blast all the Gullwings themes for the rest of the game.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Tae posted:

Dragon Quest anything outsells both Persona and FF in Japan (even Dragon Quest Musou basically outsold P5 in its first week) so you can't really say sales as an indicator of quality

Also the console scene in Japan is collapsing hard so basically anything on consoles is going to look gutted.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

He's having a bad day. Leave him be.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

CrashScreen posted:

Prompto is great and I feel bad when people dunk on him.

Prompto is great but he's at his best when he's being dunked on.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

They don't use what you gave them. I fought one with Prompto in it and he had an auto crossbow instead of a gravity well II and thank god for that

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Augus posted:

Wait till you get to the final one :shepicide:

I think I got to this one my last session and the cause of all my losses have been Prompto flying out of nowhere to shove an explosion up my rear end.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Checked for update and yep, 1.03 is here

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Think I glitched the Jormungand fight in my favor in the Channels. After a certain point it just kinda curled up and did nothing and let me wail on it until it died. I mean I'm glad because I was way under leveled but it was just real weird.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't the thing with most NPCs that they can do their job normally but a giant fire-breathing ape or something happens to have wandered onto their land?

Not to say these quests are actually good, but yeah, most of the quests are "I wanted to do my job but hell wolves are camping in my farm/Wrecked my delivery truck and killed the driver/hanging around wild spices and veggies I use." It turns out that in an urban fantasy world it's hard to get things done when you can't pull night work in rural areas due to literal demons from hell crawling out of the ground.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

JetsGuy posted:

The fun thing about FF12 was almost none of the characters defaulted to their best weapon type. IIRC baltheirs WORST weapon was guns and I think bombs was his best.

Also Baltheir was the best FF12 character you ninnies. :colbert:

Most of the time it doesn't matter because the difference in animation is like fractions of a second. At best it will save you a whopping few minutes on one of the superbosses.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Him and Kenny just want to serve you bomb rear end salmon, it's not his fault he sounds like Death forgot to pick him up for the past ten years.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

andipossess posted:

Or maybe FFXV economics just don't make sense. 800 gil for a soft drink? Talk about a rip off.

hosed up we never get to find out if the FF15 world has a Life Hacks-like full of terrible ideas. Dip a golden needle in a mixture of a potion, smelling salts, and insect venom for a cheap, easy to make remedy substitute.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

There is no such thing as a "Real Final Fantasy Game" because literally every FF does something different in it's story, setting, lore, etc. It's gone magical future, post apocalypse, steam punk, clock punk, generic high fantasy, even urban fantasy isn't a new thing to this series.

Like different fantasy races mingling isn't even a thing in most of the games, only the Ivalice games makes a common thing of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Onmi posted:

Yes, except most 'Creepy anime' is made by women. So you'd be denying a tonne of women their livelihood because you're a prude.

You are severely overestimating how important underage creep is to the industry compared to the no violence involving women thing, which is the actually crippling thing in that request.

• Locked thread