Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKJ_Ni4d5EE

A King's Tale trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

According to a new interview, the worst thing about developing FFXV according to Tabata was that he was unable to spend time with his daughter

:(

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnkOpknGok

The movie's out digitally on August 30 and on Blu-ray October 4.

Here's the current list of theaters that will play it in the US

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gologle posted:

Didn't you say the Japanese theater release got good reviews or something? I'd be interested to check those out if you remember a source.

http://movies.yahoo.co.jp/movie/KINGSGLAIVE+FINAL+FANTASY+XV/356202/

After 757 reviews, it sits at 4.45. That's pretty drat good. Matsuno and Sakaguchi both really liked it, as did Katsuhiro Harada, the director of Tekken. For what that's worth :v:

Reviews from people who speak both Japanese and English have also been positive. From neogaf:

quote:

The movie was great, action sequences were amazing as expected. Nyx was a great character. Luna was excellently portrayed and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of her story in the game. Ravus was super cool but was barely in it.

Some dislikes:
There wasn't really that much backstory given into the lore of XV like I was hoping for, but maybe I missed a few things because my Japanese isn't the greatest. Also it was kind of distracting because the lips are very obviously synced to the English voice so it didn't match at all to the Japanese voice.

[...]

Although the action sequences rival any typical Hollywood summer blockbuster, there isn't so much payoff with the story, which is intentional as it merely sets up things to come in XV. Those that are not familiar with XV might not appreciate the dramatic moments as much.

However, I think this would absolutely entertain general audiences. The story is basic enough to follow, and borders on Game of Thrones like vibes with the political drama. Hopefully they market this properly, it could do really well.

A friend I went with who is not a FF fan and was unfamiliar with XV found the movie to be quite entertaining and asked if their would be a sequel to see what happens when Luna finally reaches Noctis. So if SE's main goal with Kingsglaive was getting average people interested in the game, I think they have a chance at succeeding.

Terper fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 24, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I've spoiled myself on the entire movie so if you really do want to know something I can answer most questions.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alright. ----He's Sean Bean'd----.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Why did they make a tie in movie for a game before anyone knows if the game is good?

Sakurazuka posted:

Mixed media marketing

This, basically.

quote:

4Gamer:

Among the things you needed to release, was the announcement of the sell date planned alongside KINGSGLAIVE and PLATINUM DEMO?

Tabata:

Of course. This time, I stressed the release of a movie before the release of the game.

4Gamer:
Why was that?

Tabata:

For example Dragon Quest. Other than being a numbered series, Dragon Quest has opportunities for many people to come into contact with it, right? One of those being, the development of goods. Children who have not yet played the game are familiar with DQ. As the child grows, he/she will play the game. However, as for the FF series, fundamentally the growth stops with each title. This is because for each number there is a different world. In other words, if DQ's growth is a “line” than the FF games are like “dots”.

4Gamer:

I see. Before the release of FFXV you are creating a type of time line with the movie and demo, like in Dragon Quest.

Tabata:

For that purpose, I had Nozue transferred from Square Enix's cinematic production division, Visual Works, to the secondary business division that is making FFXV. Visual Works gets orders from other divisions and makes things like game cinematic. Fundamentally their work is appraised to have no impact on game sales. However, I proposed to Nozue that I wanted him to create a video within a division that has results, in other words one that is evaluated with game sales. By doing that, I thought he could work bearing the same responsibility, resolution, and goal as us.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Duscae Noctis

Recent image Noctis

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Yep that sure is two near identical pictures of a character at an awkward angle.

Really? The hair and jacket is completely different.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah the hair looks nicer. It won't look like that on PS4 though.

Possible, but it's still fun to talk about tech which is why this tech presentation that starts in less than three hours will be interesting to watch!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This was the only new sorta interesting gameplay footage but there was a lot of interesting tech talk as well, particularly the lighting and reflections near the end

And also there's apparently a playstation conference in China where they showed some new footage

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/758192927336116225

Adamantoise and a flying enemy

Terper fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 27, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:prepop:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I, for one, want both to be good.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lower left.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Electromax posted:

Was actually the Kingsglaive trailer I meant:

Yeah I know just saying he was there all along, we just didn't see him. I took it as a rhetorical question.

Anyway there was a stream just a short while ago from China where the Titan demo was played again and the woman playing did a pretty good job fighting him

https://www.twitch.tv/playstationhk/v/80572390?t=2h14m45s

Terper fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 29, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yes, if you read <0%, as 100%

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

MP is only used up by dodging attacks with the Guard button, using the Royal Arms weapon type, and Warping. MP could be considered a defensive resource, but it also has aggressive applications. Consider the Titan demo battle. You COULD just sit on the ground and wait for the QTE, but you can also just ignore that and warp up to his arm and engage him in aerial combat, avoiding his ground-smashing attacks and defeating him quicker. But you have to be careful when doing this because if you go too wild, you'll run out of MP and maybe fall to your death.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Please don't bully Mat

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Final Fantasy XV releases next month

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

the development time of ffxv has only lasted about 4 years...!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

HD DAD posted:

Honestly, I think it looks loads more interesting now than what they presented from 2006-10.
The story from way back when certainly comes across as more, uh, chuuni, for a lack of a better word. Noctis's eyes and hair color was supposed to shift as he used his magic, he had special magic eyes that could see when people were close to death, etc. Not to mention a much stronger connection to FNC.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I don't see why it couldn't be. I'm not decrying the whole thing as "chuuni", just that it was more. And it was, it had more "Noctis is super-special chosen with magic eyes that go red when he's being super cool" and poo poo he's still super-special chosen but without the more "I am 13 and this is cool" stuff. Which I don't necessarily dislike (especially when it is super cool), but it's not getting any extra points either.

But hey it's not like Versus 13 was ever a thing anyway so who can say :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's from "Chuunibyou", which roughly translates to something like "Eighth Grader Disease/Syndrome". You know how people make like, characters based on Sonic but make them SUPER COOL when they're dumb teens?

It's that

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nope, it's when you dodge something that you'll lose MP. Most of the MP drain will come from aerial combat. There are of course attacks you can't avoid with the Guard button that you'll want to dodge or warp away from.

Malboro is a popular cartoon character in Insomnia. He’s the protagonist of a cartoon show that is broadcasted on TV, and he even has his own merchandise such as t-shirts, bandanas, and other goods that are sold in the city

Terper fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Aug 3, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I get a carbuncle surprise every time I google the word.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Cindy skin is the loser price, so you shouldn't have much trouble getting it

Anyway just sign up here, no need to pre-order

https://carbunclesurprise.finalfantasyxv.com/rules/amoe

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Some German jerks were allowed to play for over 3 hours from the beginning of the game and really liked it, but we'll have to wait for Gamescom for any articles!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A bunch of new screens, showing off riding around on Chocobos buying Chocobo Whistles, camping, re-arranging your party members' Commands, and more.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fan-translated UI images

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Stand By Me isn't the only Florence + The Machine song in FFXV! They're all available on itunes right now if you don't wanna wait for the game.

Also, SE finally put out an official statement regarding the Season Pass and DLC details.

quote:

Unfortunately we can’t show you what any of the DLC looks like... The reason for this may surprise you (well, maybe...) The truth is that the DLC is not ready to show because while it has been designed, we will begin the development once the final game is in your hands.

The FFXV DLC is not content that has been cut from the main game just to sell to you later. This is really important because we want everyone who buys and plays the FFXV base game to know they are getting the full FFXV experience. The FFXV DLC will add new and unique experiences to the FFXV Universe with each piece of DLC designed to offer something brand new. So I’ll say it again because it’s important - the FFXV DLC is not content that has been cut from the main game!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLy8LD8P9uc

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I said come in! posted:

It's weird to me to see new content DLC in a single player Final Fantasy game, but I am all for it if I end up enjoying this game.

Technically that's been in a LOT of Square Enix games, they've just been "International Edition" or "Final Mix" so you have to buy the whole game again

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Unless the giant dinosaurs have butterfly wings then what's even the point

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RatHat posted:

Neogaf is saying this is gonna get delayed to Nov 29th. Not confirmed yet but it seems pretty likely.

I mean the World of Wonder trailer that they put up not even a day ago still says September 30 so I'd say it actually seems pretty unlikely

Gaf gon gaf

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Final Fantasy XV is the Witcher 3 of video games.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wepgwx_9kto

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

President Barack Obama comforts Noctis during the official White House meeting discussing the delay in which the President expressed his grief over the proceedings, but gave game director Hajime Tabata his blessings and shared his heartfelt wishes for them to create the Best Final Fantasy.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

But hey we get thirty minutes of gameplay tomorrow :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I wasn't kidding with the Final Fantasy XV is the Witcher 3 of video games - it had delays and had to be patched several times to get rid of the worst of it. Rather delays now than more patches later.

• Locked thread