Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

The ground targeting for the grenades are extremely hard to pull off, you really have to struggle with the reticle to get it to find the correct distance, and the marker of where it will actually hit places form way before function.

Not that it says it in the demo, but you can use R3 to lock on to the enemy with the reticle currently over it, and you will automatically throw it towards them. Speaking of which, I noticed it's less of a pain to lock onto things than it was in Duscae.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

please tell me what your avatar is from

The presumable mascot character for Tales of Berseria.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Xad posted:

Nah it does say that in the demo, that's how I figured out that you could lock-on.

Well gently caress me, I'm just blind and figured it was missing like the rest of the poo poo that's missing.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Barudak posted:

Yeah, the second magic had limitations in the demo I mentally went "RIP Magic" and have now steeled myself for never using it.

I'd like it better if it wasn't bound to the same "wheel" as your weapons. Like maybe hold a trigger to change to a magic palette or something, iunno.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ufarn posted:

What the gently caress, it's over a month until it's out on Blu-ray. Guess they prefer the higher profit margin?

If anything it made me realize I don't care about the lower tier special edition of the game because I'll just watch the movie now instead of waiting for the game to have it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Everyone trying to get hot takes on a game that was only in active development for 4 years because they heard about it in high school and Duke Nukem sucked.

People want a train wreck and by god they're going to get one.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair Tabata directed The Third Birthday and thus is in fact the sickness that pollutes mankind and personally responsible for the world's evil.

Does that mean we have to get a child to go back in time and steal his body at his wedding so the new not-Tabata can kill the not-child?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RatHat posted:

They put out a major update for a exclusive demo?

Yep.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm glad that everyone is the same person and they're all liars.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lastdancer posted:

The game development frontman trying to sell you his game is not your friend

Neither are you, frankly.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lastdancer posted:

You don't even know me

Then how do you presume to know that I'm even defending him and not making GBS threads on your incredibly stupid hot take?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't care just tell me when the PS4 gets a tiny screen I can attach to the top so I can play my PS4 on the go.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

This is called the Vita, and remote play is the best thing

Let me have my old man jokes.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

"It's alright, you'll always be the king of my country."

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think 9 > 10 took like 3 to 5 hours of rubber banding the pad.

Same, on the latter end for me.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kelp Me! posted:

How do you grind Cooking? Just keep staying at campsites and making different meals each time, or does it have to be at different campsites?

You can just re camp the second you're done with camping to get him to cook another thing, it's based on what you cook I think so I just did the recipes at the end of the list and kept going back to camp the second I got control, it levels pretty fast even from level 9 to 10.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kelp Me! posted:

it's what you use to revive Jared

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You can buy one in Altissia and then warp back and give it to him. He's briefly confused about how the hell you got one from Altissia before not caring and getting stupid excited about it.

It didn't even seem to be part of any quest since you never have to do it for his Cactuar statue quest but he'll still take it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I've heard a ton of complaints about people never seeing summons, but I saw Shiva like ten times in one 3 or 4 hour gameplay session.

Also the one time I saw Leviathan was in the desert far away from any body of water.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You were next to those water towers

Water towers?

Edit: It was during the Bennu fight for the legend quest, I'm looking and only see bare desert around (unless those oil-pipe-ish things somehow count?).

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 27, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kelp Me! posted:

I think their dialogue hints pretty heavily that they know who they both are and are just clowning around.

Yeah I got that feeling, too. Of course that's in the middle of plot whiplash as the loading tooltip tells you what the next plot beat is right before you load there in a spacesuit looking thing.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Every line becomes "Talk about backseat fishing"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

They broke even the first week first day it was out

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/02/07/final-fantasy-xv-broke-even-development-costs-launch-day/

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

And people will love umbilical noby-noby boy with guns.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm pretty sure there's some fps that breaks 100.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They should run the dialog through Gologle

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Alder posted:

All memes are bad esp in my jrpgs.

this guy are Sad!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Turn the protection of Altissia into SRPG battles.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Azubah posted:

In this mode, everyone is Aranea.

the Aranea Arenae

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean they also have two other MMOs running.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

n/m

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Before I posted on this page it said that this page didn't exist so I'm assuming it's the problem where zdr posted in here at some point because there was some problem with his posts disappearing and screwing up post counts or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

if we wait a year they'll eventually fix the thread, as long as you buy the account upgrade for it

page 130 is still gonna suck, though

• Locked thread