Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/4ylM4nj.gifv

Aww yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

The only things I didn't like about the demo were the frame rate and some of the camera angles.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Lol

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Memnaelar posted:

So, let's say you don't speak or read a lick of Japanese beyond so desu ka (and don't even know the kanji for that) -- is the demo completely inaccessible? How're the folks who can't read Japanese navigating their way through it?

It's very straightforward, and the tutorial has visual button prompts so learning how to play isn't a problem.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

I think the only things you need are:

Start/Options Button menu:
Resume game
Save
Load
Options
Tutorials
Back to Title

From within the Main Menu (via touchpad on PS4):
Map
Quest
Equipment
Abilities (this is the grid where you purchase abilities with AP)
Skills (this is management of the party's survival/camping skills)
Magic
Item
Photo

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

bloodychill posted:

Most people I know have written the game off for a multitude of reasons, mostly because "it looks empty and boring," "the cast is not interesting," and/or "what does this game offer that Witcher 3 or Dragon Age: Inquisition didn't?" I remain optimistic that will be good parts of it but I can't really argue against those points. You get a car/airship that plays classic FF tunes? Cool, but that doesn't really make the game.

I like what I've seen of the cast so far and the combat (against more difficult enemies) along with enemy design and the final fantasy theme is what sets it apart from witcher 3 and dragon age for me. I'm not sure yet about the empty world part though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

LizardBeam posted:

Sooo... Japanese, English, French or German voices? I am weirdly tempted to try German.

I picked Japanese just to hear Miyano

• Locked thread