Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It could have been the salvation of the other thread, but now people will come here instead. Well, I'm glad of it. The game looks awesome, and even though I'm not going to be buying the collector's editions, it will still be a day one buy. Thoughts on the dlc, once people have downloaded it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I still can't believe the airship is their loving car. It's literally the Batmobile at this point? Are we going to name it Kit?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Please don't make this Broad Trip gay.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Wacky hijinks between a Cactuar, a Chocobo, a Moogle, and a Tonberry ensue when the wrong kid is picked up at the monster airport, woOOOOoooaaaawww! Coming THIS Summer to a DLC near YOU!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Norio Wakamoto for Regis, then. lol at saying Ocarina of Time is the best one when Link to the Past exists. I hope your car explodes if you don't land it safely. I have hopes, not high hopes but still hopes, that their optimization for the PS4 and Xbone will improve the framerate and generally make everything smooth.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Hey don't kinkshame Augus. We all have our things.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Sakurazuka posted:

'Those guys are something awful' - Cindy, FF XV

Truly, they were...a Final Fantasy 15.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Look at that smooth rear end framerate. Look at that girly Tabata voice. This is shaping up to be such a good rear end game.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

You may have been hyped, but I'm talking in a general sense. FFX is where they started to go down the rabbit hole of eastern-spirituality-meets-anime crossover, a trend that reached its pinnacle in various pseudo-sequels. The only entry that really deviated from this is XII, probably the most fringe of all mainline FF titles.

I would say this is the first mainline FF in 15 years that doesn't seem a bit alienating to a general audience in the west, even down to the decision to use a 60's soul ballad as its theme song/marketing campaign, not to mention mid-century automobile iconography and highway sentimentality.

Yo, sentimentalism is loving real and a fundamental part and reason why anybody goes on a roadtrip through the desolate plains of middle America instead of just taking a plane to either coast.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I misread the post, I'll admit it. I thought you were saying those things were bad things.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Nocti are tough.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Solidifying how Ignis is the best boy, here he is doing Jojo poses.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Terper posted:

Apparently, Tabata and the crew gave Aaron Paul some expensive Japanese whiskey as a present before the Uncovered event, so he was drunk while on stage.

Anybody who saw him on stage could guess that.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

drat it Ignis, I was turning into even more of a fan of you than I already am when I saw you driving in the center of the lane without cutting into the bike lane or wiggling to and fro every three seconds but then when you put the car into reverse you didn't manually see what was behind you you used the drat rear view mirror. I hate that poo poo, when backing up ALWAYS look behind you, it gives you a greater range of vision than just looking in the mirror.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but I really wish the FFXV main bros didn't already have tons of people looking too hard into their relationships with one another. As someone who can still remember vividly and fondly the memory of when I went on a camping trip with two of my friends and one of their girlfriend's several years back I feel like I know exactly what Tabata is trying to get across with the roadtrip feel, like a band of brother's type deal, but you see people's reactions on the Internet and it's always "this poo poo's gay" or "gettin' a real homoerotic vibe from this" or "OMG i hope tehy hook up XD".

It's the Kingdom Hearts fandom all over again.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm aware that this isn't a new concept, hell I've done it myself a handful of times. These same explanations came up every single time in the past when I've voiced my dissatisfaction with people blowing things out of proportion, and it'll probably happen again in the future when I inevitably come back to it. Still doesn't mean I'll ever like it just because it's been going on for forever.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It's a little strange that that game would be a store exclusive, I don't think that was in the original ATB announcement for it. I wouldn't be surprised if it became available later on for everyone.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Didn't you say the Japanese theater release got good reviews or something? I'd be interested to check those out if you remember a source.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Are there any spoilers as to if Sean Regis Bean lives? I'm guessing the answer is no because...come on, it's Sean Bean. Plus it's typical in stories like this for the father to die and in so doing symbolically pass the torch onto his heir.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I actually really do want to know if Regis lives in the movie.

EDIT: That's literally all I want to know. Don't go into details, don't tell me how, just yes or no.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yeah that woman played on a completely different level from Mat, made the combat system actually look fun and not cumbersome. Mat just sucks.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Terper posted:

I don't see why it couldn't be. I'm not decrying the whole thing as "chuuni", just that it was more. And it was, it had more "Noctis is super-special chosen with magic eyes that go red when he's being super cool" and poo poo he's still super-special chosen but without the more "I am 13 and this is cool" stuff. Which I don't necessarily dislike (especially when it is super cool), but it's not getting any extra points either.

But hey it's not like Versus 13 was ever a thing anyway so who can say :v:

I have a feeling I know exactly what that screenshot is trying to convey and I feel very morose.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Real hurthling! posted:

does dodge drain mp continuously when held or only on activation?

If I remember correctly (it's been a while since I've played Duscae or heard any details about the combat system other than what's been shown recently) it's continuous.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Terper posted:

Malboro is a popular cartoon character in Insomnia. He’s the protagonist of a cartoon show that is broadcasted on TV, and he even has his own merchandise such as t-shirts, bandanas, and other goods that are sold in the city

:( Noctis and his band of brothers will have to fight their childhood hero.

EDIT: After rewatching some of the new footage from the technical presentation stuff shown a few days ago (you can find the links through Terper's posts, he's done a fantastic job at bringing the info to everyone) I don't think the limited magic will be all that big a deal. One video had 28 Firagas in stock. Granted, I'll still horde them because they're still a non-infinite item, but it seems toward the mid-end game running out of Magic shouldn't be an issue.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 3, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
"Nazi Gamers 'Appreciates' Japanese Video Game, How Will The West React?" -New York Times, circa 1944

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm glad Tabata is a DLC hero.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I haven't seen like 70% of those monsters in any previous video and I love it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I can't wait to dress Prompto up as a slutty Stay Puff Marshmellow Man.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Hey wait, wait wait wait. Where's the Final Fantasy Main Theme in FFXV? I could have sworn it was ALWAYS in the title screen of every game, but what I heard in what little we saw of it that was not the main theme.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I also really appreciate that the daemons are the classic Final Fantasy monsters. Or rather, since I knew that since the Gameinformer article came out, I should say I appreciate how they look. They have a very clear, distinct art style to them to separate them from the normal monsters.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Pennfalath posted:

Last week, I was invited to the Netherlands to play the current build of FFXV for five hours.

I have written an article with more in-depth information on a number of things you saw briefly in the video from yesterday, as well as on
some things not seen in the video.

Here is the spoiler-free preview: http://www.geekster.be/games/videogames/final-fantasy-xv-preview-first-five-hours/

Thanks, this was a drat good article.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Terper posted:

That's explicitly why they're delaying it to November, to apply that patch beforehand.

e: They've also gone on record to say that if (when) they make a PC port, they don't want it to be... well, a port, but its own thing.

Final Fantasy XV PC: The Nomura Cut.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So Kingsglaive released digitially today around midnight-ish, so I bought it and watched it. I enjoyed it, I thought it was fun and good and very cool.

The Old Wall was really, really cool!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yeah, it was a good movie, and I enjoyed it. But I think I'm beyond all hope because during one of the big battles near the end I caught myself thinking "in terms of power levels, Cloud Strife probably shits all over these guys".

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Terper, since you've seen the movie well in advance, since it was a little unclear to me was the Old Wall literally the spirits of the kings of Lucis defending their country, or just automatons in their image that Nyx animated with the ring's power? I want to talk about it since so far, until the game is out, the thread doesn't have a lot of concrete stuff to discuss.

Also those giant monsters were Ultima Weapons, right? They definitely resemble a Final Fantasy monster, but I can't for the life of me place my thumb on what it is they're supposed to be referencing.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
http://www.kingsglaivefinalfantasyxv-movie.com/site/

Here's the website with a whole bunch of links to places you can get it. I was surprised how mediocre Google Play was, I'm not certain that poo poo was even 720p, it looked 480p, so maybe go for another source.

EDIT: And yeah, I totally caught that, Terper. It was super sweet.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The daemons are supernatural creatures that only appear in the night, who are all the classic Final Fantasy monsters. Notice how Ultros starts smoking in the light of day, they were probably kept captive on board those airships until nightfall to be unleashed as living weapons

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Onmi posted:

NEW INFO

The first half of that first section we already knew about, or at least, someone who has kept up to date on news articles/gameplay videos would know those. The rest, to my knowledge, actually is new. I'm a little iffy about the car being fully controllable while manual. A lot of other rewviewers were saying that it really isn't and you can basically only press the stick forward on the road and that's where it'll go, basically no different from when Ignis is driving you.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Ah, I was at work and didn't know there was a live stream of it going on. Well, hey, good for them. That November delay sounds better by the second if they're actually implementing responses to problems people have brought up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Guys, what is the most important part of Final Fantasy XV? Whatever you're thinking of, it's actually this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpzHkv42awk

• Locked thread