Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Duscae is fun but probably outdated now, the Platinum one is a kind of boring tech demo that doesn't really work as one thanks to all the tech issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

tfw FF15 is going to come out four months before Persona 5.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought img-timeline was a bannable offence.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Even though 12 and 13 were disappoint ing for me, I'm still excited for 15 and I'm not going into it with unrealistic expectations. There are few Jrpgs games that have a grand, expensive production. Its gotten to the point where my choices of great Jrpgs has gotten slim. Tales of Zesteria I didn't like, mainly cause the equipment system was way too convoluted for me. All besides FF that's left for me is Persona, and Hyperdimension. (I know its garbage but I like the universe.)

I'm a item hoarder but Ill have no problem lobbing firebombs at goblins and blowing through my magic stock.

If you have a PS3 or (god forbid) a Vita lying around try Atelier Ayesha

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope you can get an unlimited flute at some point.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Games part of a long franchise often find themselves only as good as the last one people played and for a lot that was FF13, which still manages to make people so frothing mad that they actively want anything with the FF name in it to fail, if not S-E as a whole.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

People freaked out about FF7, especially Square's 'betrayal' of switching from Nintendo to Sony.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The online place I usually get stuff from tends to send things out early to make sure it's here for launch and they tend to super err on the side of caution when it comes to Tuesday releases so I'm hoping I might get it Saturday.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amazon tends to be one of the more expensive options in the UK, especially since the Prime preorder bonus is a measly £2 off.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

£2-3 is enough for me :v: I usually use https://www.shopto.net they're often cheaper than Amazon, their shipping is insanely fast considering it's free (never been slower than next day for me) and you get discounts if you buy a bunch of stuff from there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not even bad it, it's like deciding that FF 7 is poo poo because the last fight against Sephiroth is a gimme where you just use Omnislash on him.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nanomashoes posted:

It's been in development hell for 10 years with 2 different directors. They've already dropped the price to 35 dollars. These are not the signs of a good game.

At least put some effort in

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

15 is pretty much the last gasp for FF games and big budget JRPG's in general so I'm not surprised they're going all out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My order is currently 'processing' so maybe

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I dunno I played 13 recently and it probably has the simplest plot of the series, outside of the NES games obvs. Well, maybe not simplest but there are no twists or other shoes dropping.
It starts out as 'robo gods want to sacrifice all of humanity to somehow bring back the true god and try and force the main characters to help them' and it pretty much stays that way through the whole thing.
Pulse managed to defy my expectations because that was when it looked like they would find other stuff going on but then it's like 'nope, no one here and no magic solutions, better go back and face the music'.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nina posted:

Talking about Square's one off IPs just makes me wish for a Vagrant Story rerelease

I love Vagrant Story like it was my own child but it's not easy to play nowadays

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Have any of them taken 72 real time hours to beat yet?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RatHat posted:

Nah, Duke Nukem Forever was more of a curiosity rather than a game people were actually excited for. Everyone knew it was gonna be terrible.

Man you must not have read the thread for it, the denial in that thing could have caused a second Big Bang.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Audio is Japanese and English, subtitles are in EFIGS from what I understand.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So far it's taken longer to install the game than download the 9 GB patch :f5h::smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

tenderjerk posted:

So is this like a bigger budget Type-0? I just saw my first gameplay footage, and it seems jarringly familiar to a game I couldn't spend two hours on. Is the gameplay 'better' ?

It plays nothing like Type-0

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would imagine they'd be focusing on FF 7 remake for now but who knows

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

It's way way easier to dodge and parry attacks if you're locked onto that enemy. Wow lol

I really wish it had an option to make lock a toggle rather than having to hold R1 down the whole time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dropkickpikachu posted:

This pinball Monster Strike game is way too loving easy, I am actively trying to lose and I can't.

Do I still get treasures or whatever if I quit instead of losing?

I played it for about 15 minutes to see if it would ever end or I was ever in danger of dying and ended up just quitting, I got an accessory from it but I dunno if that was a consolation prize or what.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ntan1 posted:

Wow the Japanese really hate this game dont they. Those amazonjp reviews.

Amazon.jp reviews are largely worthless because they just get spammed by mega-otaku mad about something (maybe the 'they ruined Nomura's vision' thing or the delay in this case?) that has nothing to do with the actual quality of the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's just what digital games cost in Europe

E: actually maybe you're getting shafted extra hard it's £50/€59 in the UK.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Nov 29, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's stable 30 from what I've seen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Save your game often, it just randomly crashed when I accessed a campsite

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You need to drive to them but you can fast travel to any parking spot you've found.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can't manually drive it all the time until the start of Chapter 3, Ignis let's you one time in chapter 1 to shut you up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It starts with Gladiolus' arse if that's what you mean.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Whoever came up with the 'Prompto takes photos of random poo poo' idea should be running Square-Enix

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You push circle, they go boom and usually destroy everything including your buddies. You can also hold down circle to aim where they go. Remember this for the Behemoth hunt.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sedisp posted:

Yo How do I play car dress up?

Talk to Cindy at Hammerhead

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Caidin posted:

My install time is 553 minutes right now and I'm beginning to think it isn't joking.

If you're installing from a disc something is wrong, if you're 'installing' a digital download then that's just lovely PSN download speed. It'll go faster in sleep mode.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same place Noctis gets his weapons from.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seems like the Behemoth hunt is now designed to teach you to use magic effectively but it only taught me how unwieldy it is with 50 tons of monster trying to eviscerate you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I didn't bother trying to kill it properly at first because I assumed it was unkillable without the gimmick like in the Duscae demo, then I ran out of Fire, realised it was almost dead and stabbed it the rest of the way there.

In case other people haven't worked it out you can hold down the magic button to aim it like a grenade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thumbtacks posted:

Iris dragging Noct around. :allears: He hates it so much.

Also what's the deal with stamina? I thought I remember seeing videos of people somehow instantly refilling theirs. I thought it was something you can get with AP or something but it doesn't look like it is.

If you let go of the sprint button (or click L3 again) just before it hits zero it will recharge to full.

• Locked thread