Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It's weird to watch this now and see how much different the game is, and yet how much is still pretty much the same.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That's definitely how physics works

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I found this dungeon, Daurell Caverns. The gently caress is the point of it? I went through it and it was full of poisoned water and stupid blobs shooting disco lasers and then I "beat" it and got nothing but a mediocre two-handed sword?? What am I missing?

Edit: and there's supposed to be a hunt vs two Iron Giants outside of it but they didn't spawn even thought it was night time what the gently caress??

Also gently caress Coeurls they are the worst

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 15, 2016

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

bewilderment posted:

Nothing, except you have to beat it and the boss at the end as a condition for unlocking the Menace superdungeons in the postgame.
The Crestholm Channels are the same way - no Armiger weapon at the end, just a locked door. There's a quest that takes you to Crestholm but doesn't require you to complete it, just find an item in it.

I think I missed something in the dungeon, there was a piece of scaffolding I couldn't get to that had a small opening in the wall next to it and a ladder hanging off. Is that something?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Shoren posted:

Yes, apparently you have to warp up there in battle and let your bros finish off the daemons.

That's crazy. What's even up there?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I gotta say, I loved Pitoss Ruins and wish they had done more stuff like it in other dungeons. There were a couple places where it was unclear what to do (like jumping onto the lady statue in that one part) but overall I had a blast. Only a few dungeons had anything resembling puzzles and they were often really crappy. Seriously, gently caress Costlemark Tower and Cresholm Channels.

Only one hunt and three mazes left and I will be done*!

*until the carnival next week

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

seiferguy posted:

It's funny they're bringing on Ariana Grande, and are getting bigger stars to perform music. The cover of Stand By Me was done by Florence & the Machine.

Real question: Is there a strategy to taking down multiple tonberries / ronin in Steyliff Grove that doesn't result in blowing through all of my Phoenix Downs and Elixirs?

- Have good equipment
- equip your pals with friendship bands
- have the ability that makes link strikes always crit (break damage limit not necessary, but helpful)
- go hog wild

Overwhelm and Impulse are good skills also

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Dancing Peasant posted:

I got through all of the other Menace dungeons. But I think I'm just gonna call it quits at the Costlemark Menace. The whole "no item" thing kinda blows.

Wait you can't use items in Costlemark maze? Like for real?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

If I buy the node that let's Ignis's skills break damage limit, will that affect Overwhelm? Will it make my characters' deathblows break damage limit?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I bought the skill that makes Link Strikes break damage limit, and holy poo poo ya'll. Waltzed through Crestholm menace without using a single healing item. I'm assuming Costlemark is significantly harder? I bought the skill that heals full hp when bringing an ally out of danger, anything else I will need? This one guy suggested getting three Wind-Up Lord Vexxos to make ultimate magic with but lmao I got one and it took a long time and gently caress that poo poo.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I already did Steyliff, Costlemark is pretty much the last thing I need to do in the game (before Tuesday)

EDIT: what does leveling up Regroup do?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Didn't any of you do the tutorial? It took like five minutes and explained blocking and how the color of your damage denotes weak/resist. Pretty invaluable information right there.

Ya'll knew that you could put the game on Wait Mode and scan enemies for their weaknesses with R1, right?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is there any trick to the fishing contest? I must've caught fifty fish and haven't gotten any tags better than E. any particular spot? Lure? I'm kind of annoyed that the rare fish who are tough to catch don't usually have tags. I mean, this Scorpion Grouper is cool but wasn't worth the trouble.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ugh I ran up some stairs and Noct said there was a moogle doll there but I can't find it, I feel so stupid

Edit: am I supposed to get something for photographing the subjects on that notice? Is it supposed to register it right away?

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 24, 2017

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The correct lures for fishing in the carnival are the Stormer ones, which you can buy with medals. (Have had the best luck with Chert Focalor so far)

I'll report back if I get any good tags

Edit: just got the Mog Rank: Rubygold Moogle. Looks like it lets you catch a Redeye Bass. I'm guessing those have better tags?

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 24, 2017

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Are there fish that are invisible to the minimap that you would need the Rubygold Moogle for? Because the big blaze bahamut let me fish 2 areas completely dry.

I caught nothing using that new lure, so I dunno what the gently caress. Maybe I'll try Big Blaze Bahamut too. But the Stormer: Chert Focalor also attracted every fish so it was working well for me.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Just to add some info to this(or at least how it worked out for me):

The unique rod is from the gondola fishing spot at night time.
The chocobo lure is from the gondola fishing spot during the day.
The rubygold moogle is from the canal fishing spot(the one that isn't closest to where you start) at night time.
I am almost positive it doesn't matter what lure you use as long as you attract the fish. You can get everything with the big blaze bahamut or carbuncle lure or something else I'm sure. No idea where the reel is but don't care because it sucks.
To get the chocobo trophies, you need to get a time better than 50s for the first course and 1:20s? 1:25s? for the 2nd course. I failed to get it with a 1:29 but got it with a 1:18

What about the unique reel?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

DaveKap posted:

That... looks like a massive bug and was never supposed to be triggered. That's hilarious. Also that's weird trying to spoiler that when the YouTube video makes it real obvious what you're talking about. Or is my browser bugged because spoiler tags don't work on embedded video.

I got it to trigger when I fought him, it's definitely supposed to be there

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I did it guys, I got all the unique items from the carnival. I'm the king of fishing :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Super No Vacancy posted:

I fished for like 4 hours the other day and never saw any of the a-d tags i dont think

Rubygold Moogle is in the Canal at night
Chocobo lure is in the gondola fishing spot during the day
I got the Reel from the fishing spot near the start during the day
The rod is in the gondola fishing spot at night

That's where I found each of them, at least, and at least one other person found them in the same spots

• Locked thread