Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

RatHat posted:

Oh, I was under the impression the Platinum demo was a bit longer. How long is it exactly?

Probably like 45 minutes? You can probably spend longer walking around collecting crystals and marveling at a game with dynamic lighting and weather in 2016 but I was ready for it to be over without doing much of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

ghostinmyshell posted:

I can't put my finger on it, but I really don't like the combat in this game. Hold O and fall asleep. And I'm that guy who liked 11 and 13's combat systems :smith:

It felt really jank to me but I didn't play the first demo and felt like maybe I was doing it wrong. The game running pretty horribly didn't do the feeling any favors either

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

RatHat posted:

So what's the consensus from people who have played XV? Good game?

It's a captivating trainwreck, and easily earns its place among all time great captivating trainwrecks in games, like sonic 2006 or star citizen

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Hello friends. If you are buying this game digitally for PS4, you can use code D9NGJ7NF3L on the PSN store to get 10% off until tomorrow morning. I hope we all have a good anime adventure

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If there are lots of overpowered pizza codes floating around I would really appreciate one as well (PS4) :)

Stumpus posted:

Sounds like everyone is really enjoying this game which makes me excited for when I finally get it. How are the loading times though? How's the soundtrack?

Those are a few of my favorite final fantasy things. I am kind of bummed though that there isn't pay building in this game like in previous.

The load times are loving awful but rare unless you're fast traveling around the map knocking out sidequests. The soundtrack is good, but even if you didn't like it, when you're in the car or in the world you can listen to best-of albums of the rest of the series so it wouldn't be much of a problem

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Lucid Dream posted:

I rented a chocobo so I could get across this stupid loving bridge in Galdin Quay slightly faster (from the rental spot right next to the bridge) and they can't go on the bridge :v:

It's effective ludonarrative design to make you hate the character of dino gambino even more :eng101:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If there's one thing consistent about square enix games it's totally unrealistic sales expectations, so it wouldn't surprise me if they find a way to still be disappointed with how this game did

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Deadly premonition has the advantage of actually telling a complete story :smith:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The only good thing about Dino was the kotaku guy getting mad that you help him get a better job than journalism

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Haha, glad I'm not the only person who was thinking of la mulana all throughout Pitioss. I really enjoyed it though, a giant hours long hard platforming dungeon felt like a good modern day inclusion for 'random-rear end bizarre thing we threw in a final fantasy game, why not'

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If you don't constantly do Vyv's arm waving animation in your real life, you aren't a true goon. Sorry but it's true

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

ROFL Octopus posted:

I like that the goon is the most loaded person in the world. He can throw like 20k at you for a photo that anyone can take.

He's rich as hell running all these scoops with prompto's instagram photos and yet our poor man Dino is so hard up as a reporter he has to moonlight as a jeweler. Life is simply unfair in Eos

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

Concerning one of the dumbest endgame twists, I'd have been way less surprised if it had actually been Ignis who was artificially developed in an underground government lab.

Yeah, to be my perfect husband

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Augus posted:

I'm just trying to wrap my head around when, in the mad rush to fix this game together from the mangled scraps of Versus XIII and get it out by November 2016 (really supposed to be September 2016), did someone on the dev team find the time to put together an elaborate 2-hour long platforming dungeon.

To me Pitioss has the classic feel of 'a few guys on the team disappeared for 3 months and they came back with this, guess we'd better put it in the game'

Or, like, 'we poached this guy from nintendo, let's see what he can make in the engine- oh god :stare:'

• Locked thread