Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

criscodisco posted:

Yeah people always seem to forget that, like if you get a cyborg arm suddenly you can start throwing cars around. It's all thousands of pounds on joints that aren't cyborged.

Reminds me of the scene from Global Frequency where an ex-CIA operative talks about her cyborg arm and mentions that you need modifications all across you back and the entirety of your spine or, the first time you try to lift something, you'll either tear your arm out of it's socket or rip your torso in half.

EDIT: Here we go, found it:

Full body cyborg has gone rogue and a Global Frequency team is heading into a secure facility to make sure he never leaves.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So next season will be "Imposter" by Philip K Dick where Archer won't know he's actually a cyborg* and all the crew at Figgis Investigations has to get into merry hijinks to keep him in the dark.

*actually a robot

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

a shameful boehner posted:

Krieger showed that he had at least two clones of himself, so it would be easy for them to write in a second Archer clone being the body in the pool.

Yeah, my second theory for next season is that there were two shot up Archerbots and the real Archer went to Mexico. On the beach. Dancing naked. Etc.

Whenever they keep coming back to something again and again, you know it's going to be important.

EDIT - just saw the screenshot. Welp. Looks like theory number two it is.

Double edit: just checked my own copy to make sure it wasn't photoshopped.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 4, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Like the Ghost of Christmas Future, only not.

Lana and Ray would do so incredibly much better on most missions without Archer there to deliberately gently caress things up out of pettiness.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

iajanus posted:

I apologise for my countrymen.

To be fair, Working Dog were terrific 25 years ago when they were the D-Gen and young and anti-establishment. Now they're old and boring and are still trying to do the same stuff they did way back when without realising that the world has moved on and that poo poo just doesn't work anymore.

Like a guy a few years past middle age who's dyed his hair blond and started shopping at Hot Topic.

• Locked thread