Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
You could go with Rose for the worst of both worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

OwlFancier posted:

I once had a kid tell me his dad was bob marley and that he was assasinated by the government.

Yeah that's bullshit we all know Danny Baker killed Bob Marley

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I literally have no idea why anyone would want to sell the steel industry, even if it was running at a monumental loss.

I'm no engineer, but I'm guessing the ability to create and manufacture your own steel without having to buy it elsewhere is a very, very useful ability to have particularly if you want to run an infrastructure in the modern world, what with steel being used loving everywhere.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Hoops posted:

This is literally what Jesus Christ would do if he was resurrected.

Actually the first thing Jesus Christ would do on his second coming would be to be shot by a dentist from Minnesota.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
My XCOM squad wiped out during a terror mission.

Corbyn strikes again. Bastard can't get out quick enough imo

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
In Enemy Within you have EXALT which are alien sympathisers who are running operations to spread panic throughout the world.

So yeah, it holds up.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
It's obvious Cameron benefits from offshore accounts, and we've always known in what:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRhlRM6rYck

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Toplowtech posted:

How damaging is the data the guardian got for Cameron to literally preventively admit lying, just a few days after denying everything?

No idea, but it's hugely damaging to Corbyn. He should resign imo.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Cardiff's People's Assembly are busy bees.

Just got an email for a Sunday protest demanding Cameron resign.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

OldMemes posted:

People still seem to be convinced that if Cameron steps down, Corbyn magically becomes PM. They don't seem to realise that the current party is in until 2020, it'd just be the leader who changes.

The £9 million on EU campaign spending seems like a storm in a teacup. What does £9 million buy in government terms? Probably be cheaper to buy billboard, TV and Internet space than go through the hassle of printing out and sending all those leaflets out. It'd be better for the enviroment too.

Personally, I'ma reluctant remain voter. The economic benefits are better than with out. When the EU sticks to regulating industry, sorting out disagreements between countries and keeping trade smooth, it's fine. It's when it starts messing with indivdiual countries and thier laws and sovereignity is when it becomes an issue. EU should stick with the money and trade stuff, make sure we're not being ripped off by France, that kind of thing.

The point isn't to make Cameron step down so we can usher in the reign of Jeremy Corbyn, it's to make Cameron step down because he's a massive loving hypocrite that has personally benefited from wide-scale tax fraud

Not content with the legal mandate of loving over the country, he's literally stolen money from the taxpayer on a massive scale and helped facilitate other people to do that.

He should loving hang, if there was any actual justice.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

OldMemes posted:

Calling for someone to hang for £31,000 is a big harsh. Well, hanging is a bit harsh in general.

I'm going to say either Cameron should stay on, or be replaced by Dan Davis then. Then in 2020 hopefully Labour will be in better shape. Alternativity, Davis runs the party better than Cameron did, and we get a better Tory party to vote for in 2020.

How many people have died as a direct result of his policies? How many will continue to die thanks to them loving over the NHS?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

FinalGamer posted:

Also can someone please explain the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion to me? Cuz I'm a moron who just happens to think "avoid" and "evade" are loving synonyms of each other and by definition of basic English should NOT mean different things.

Evasion is when you don't pay tax that you've been caught out on.

Avoidance is not being caught in the first place.

If you think that is loving stupid, congratulations, you're a normal person! The world doesn't cater to us, though.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
"I had best keep a copy of a very dull document of absolutely no relevance to anyone except the tax man on hand in case it turns out the ruling elite are massive tax fraudsters and I suddenly need to show that I am not crooked" is not a sentence anyone would have ever said or thought.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Between Corbyn's office and his handwriting I'm really glad to see he's actually a scruffy, shambolic git and not just a show for the cameras like Boris.

I always feel like Cameron isn't allowed to take a poo poo without aide approval because the force of straining might make his red complexion all the more rosy.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Not Operator posted:

So hey what's the logical difference between the "Dodgy Dave" and "Jurassic Park" insults that only one of them gets you sent to detention or whatever the gently caress?

Basically in Parliament you have to use "Parliamentary Language" which means that you can't really make insinuations about people's conduct/character. Calling people liars, for example, is considered 'unparliamentary language' and can get you suspended.

So you have to have workarounds like "economical with the truth" etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD-xxoQwOo4

The wikipedia article has an interesting bit in it:

quote:

In addition, accusations of 'crooked deals' or insinuation of the use of banned substances by a member are considered unparliamentary language (all attributable to Dennis Skinner).

:lol:

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 12, 2016

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
A google search for Dodgy Dave brings up Cameron :allears:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If you take pictures at Antifa protests you're basically doing Redwatch's job for them.

Congratulations, you're a fascist collaborator.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Actually, it is. Fascists, when they go on marches, are directly acting against the state and everyone living in it in a violent display of force. Kicking their heads in isn't a last resort, it's self-defence.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If you are willing to bash the fash and do so you're, by default, supporting anti-fash ideology, whether you like it or not.

There is no political discourse to be had with them. None. Their particular ideology was crushed by an entire world effort and they still haven't got the loving message.

If the Nuremburg trials weren't enough to convince them that their particular ideology is perhaps flawed, and if they didn't quite get the message when one of their idols ended up upside down on a butcher's hook with his cock in his mouth then it's unlikely that sitting down to have a nice cuppa with them is going to change their minds.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Bedshaped posted:

There must be a non-violent or political move that can achieve the eradication of the fascist movement in Britain. Outright banning like Germany do?

I see you're not familiar with Pegida.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

feedmegin posted:

Out of curiosity, what do the antiantifa people ITT think of the Battle of Cable Street?

You know, when the literal non-neo Nazis had actual Daily Mail backing and were trying to march through a Jewish neighbourhood and got their arses handed to them. I personally am quite proud that that happened, I mean there's a blue plaque and everything for it now, but maybe that's because I'm not a liberal.

Edit: I would also support bombing Syria if that meant 'accurately bombing Isis and only Isis' because gently caress those guys. The problem there that makes it a poor idea in actuality is the collateral damage, not the basic idea.

If it wasn't for Cable Street I literally wouldn't be here. My great grandfather met my great grandmother during it. She was a nurse who showed up to make sure the protestors got help if they were injured.

Thankfully nobody needed her services because the fash were quaking in their jackboots after having saucepans chucked at them by old ladies.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm quite fond of Seabrook's crisps, but they're quite hard to get hold of sometimes.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Incidentally if people want to know one of the reasons why the issue of tax avoidance will never be taken seriously by the Tories, read the book "Treasure Islands" by Nicholas Shaxson who makes the case, quite convincingly, that everyone's favourite City is actually a huge tax haven in and of itself.

Why will we never fix the problem? Because if we did our entire economy would probably collapse.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If I were to go solely by the posts in these threads and how every town north of Dunstable is a shithole, you'd think the entire North is a barren wasteland devoid of life.

^^
My grandmother is in a wheelchair, because she only has one leg.

She can stand up quite easily, though. The DWP will be taking her Attendance's Allowance, probably.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
My Great Grandad was in the international brigades.

He wanted to bash the fash so much he went to fight for a different country to do it.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I've been very tired and emotional for the past few hours, paid for by the tax payer.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
lmao just lmao if you don't take your lunch to work in a carrier bag.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Guavanaut posted:

I wonder if the people who believe we should be arming the asylum seekers and dropping them back in Syria are the same people who believe that 25% or whatever lovely figure of them are ISIS, and how they square that.

Arming foreign fighters to fight our proxy wars for us has never gone wrong in the past, particularly not in the Middle East.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'd always heard that the reason why the White House is white, and why it was eventually called it, was because it was painted white to cover up the fire damage from us setting fire to it.

This is actually true? That's a weird bit of history I didn't actually know.

Greg Proops got it right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJYY1CFKzTg

:britain:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Temporarily embarrassed millionaires?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

XMNN posted:

the newspapers are whinging about how it's NOT FAIR WAAAH that the information is freely available on the internet but they're not allowed to publish it, a. good and b. them describing it as "unenforceable" and therefore not worth having as a law when clearly they aren't printing it because it is enforceable is p lol

e 84 is the atomic number of polonium which the editors of the sun should substitute for sugar in their tea

I mean, god forbid journalists (even the tabloids vaguely count) be held to slightly higher standards of integrity than the general public.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Doesn't forcing someone into a contract go against virtually every single principle of contract law ever?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
What accusations of "Virtue Signalling" usually mean are "I am a terrible person who could never conceive of doing anything not for personal gain, everyone else is exactly like me"

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Zephro posted:

Vegemite is better than Marmite. It's just the truth.

You can gently caress right off, mate. Marmite is the undisputed king.

I'm quite fond of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFpjLn3rIBM

Even though they clearly can't stand it, politeness compels them to finish it.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

J_RBG posted:

hard to maintain a habit on £300 bottles of claret

Maybe for your average pleb but this is a Tory you're talking about. He can take baths in the stuff.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Is "Vintage" cheddar a new thing? I only ever remember seeing Extra Mature as the 'strongest' but Vintage seems to be the top dog these days.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Marenghi posted:

You didn't pay for it, they did.
There's been research which shows, for food and wine at least, that the higher the price the higher the perceived quality.

Pretty much. Penn and Teller (I know, I know) did a segment on the phenomena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFKT4jvN4OE

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Jose posted:

There is good red Leicester it's just pretty pricey. Really nice though and nothing like what you normally get

It's called cheddar.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
British cheese is good. If you only eat cheddar then I pity you. Wensleydale and Caerphilly are two nice cheeses. Ignore them if they've got fruit in them, though, that poo poo is redundant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
RIP British curry.

Pity my dad's dead, he could have cleaned up with his curry making skills.

• Locked thread