Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Waltzing Along posted:

Miitomo sucks.

Actually, you suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm sorry internet Nintendo friends but I'm burning out on Miitomo and pruning my friend list may combat this. Feel free to remove me on Twitter as retribution if I axe you, I'll probably have to do the reverse to keep my friend suggestion queue under control.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You'll never be a Ultra Friend or whatever the appropriate next level of friendship is now.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
I added a few more people on Twitter who I may have missed last time. Also loving the bread chat in these comments. :)

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

The cardboard box is a worthwhile purchase.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Anaxite posted:

I'm pretty sure you don't need to! All the Miitomo missions have auto-collected the platinum coins on my phone. Or maybe it's phone-dependent?

You do need to use the website for some.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

chemosh6969 posted:

You do need to use the website for some.

Which ones?

I've tested missions a bit more. It seems like Miitomo missions won't necessarily auto-complete the moment you fulfil the conditions. However, the next time the app loads up, it tries to collect all missions you've completed. At least on Android.

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 26, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It seems to award me missions semi-randomly on iOS.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So, the Humble Bundle is selling a bunch of WiiU and 3DS games this week. I dunno if you guys wanna check that out? I don't have either of those systems and this is the only Nintendo topic I post in.

I've played and beat Darksiders 2, it's like Diablo-style loot mixed with, maybe, Bayonetta-lite combos?

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Mega 64 on miitomo.

https://youtu.be/TIFq1Jx3f8o

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

oh hey cool, that splatoon thing that they said would be reward for all those follows?
its a drop

e: oh, the wigs just came free

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Apr 27, 2016

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
Not sure if these were already posted, but interesting (albeit very similar) articles on miitomo. From real journalists!

http://www.avclub.com/article/nintendos-miitomo-app-more-pleasant-social-network-235681

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/apr/21/why-nintendos-miitomo-app-understands-friendship-better-than-twitter

Like how they're painting it as essentially troll-free social media, and the comparison between going to a bar vs having friends over for dinner.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Anaxite posted:

Which ones?

I've tested missions a bit more. It seems like Miitomo missions won't necessarily auto-complete the moment you fulfil the conditions. However, the next time the app loads up, it tries to collect all missions you've completed. At least on Android.

I used the site for the miiverse and logging into the eshop weekly stuff but maybe those get picked up too?

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

chemosh6969 posted:

I used the site for the miiverse and logging into the eshop weekly stuff but maybe those get picked up too?

Those are different. They're not directly linked to Miitomo, and need to be clicked through to get the coins.

Along with the Splatoon wigs and drops, the new Nintendo rewards for Miitomo appeared... six Splatoon ink tanks, each a different color, for 150 platinum coins each. There's also some other Nintendo news:
  • Miitomo passed 10,000,000 users, and we're getting a special daily bonus every day from April 29-May 9.
  • There will also be three Miitomo drops that were only available in Japan at launch, two days each during this period.
  • Nintendo will release two new phone apps in Fall, one for Fire Emblem and one for Animal Crossing. Apparently they'll complement the console games.
  • Nintendo NX: Global release March 2017.

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 27, 2016

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I hope that means there will be a new Animal Crossing game, too! It would be weird if they did a smartphone app for a three-year-old game

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I hope that means there will be a new Animal Crossing game, too! It would be weird if they did a smartphone app for a three-year-old game

Nintendo posted:

Both of these are pure game applications. Compared to Miitomo, they have more prominent game elements, and the game content will tie closely into Nintendo’s dedicated games business.

They are also saying that they want the Fire Emblem game to be a "more accessible' title of the franchise, and will be tying the Animal Crossing game in to their planned console release. Basically, Nintendo saw how companies like Bethesda developed a beneficial cross-platform promotion for their games and now they want a piece.

Unfortunately, it will be another year before we see the NX released, and you can bet that these projected releases will be included as debut titles or later releases for this newer system, as opposed to the flatlining WiiU.

e. Of course, there is a slight possibility as Nintendo also said they won't have the NX at the upcoming E3, so they're going to have very little to talk about unless they start breaking out the cross-platforming.

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 27, 2016

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Jeff Goldblum posted:

They are also saying that they want the Fire Emblem game to be a "more accessible' title of the franchise, and will be tying the Animal Crossing game in to their planned console release. Basically, Nintendo saw how companies like Bethesda developed a beneficial cross-platform promotion for their games and now they want a piece.

Unfortunately, it will be another year before we see the NX released, and you can bet that these projected releases will be included as debut titles or later releases for this newer system, as opposed to the flatlining WiiU.

e. Of course, there is a slight possibility as Nintendo also said they won't have the NX at the upcoming E3, so they're going to have very little to talk about unless they start breaking out the cross-platforming.

They're just talking about Zelda. Maybe show some Paper Mario or whatever, but mostly it'll be Zelda. They're pretty much skipping E3 this year.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
I'm still under the impression that this is all in regards to their presence on the floor, and not the Nintendo Direct they release in lieu of a live press conference. They can still show whatever other stuff on the video, but Zelda-U is the only thing they're bringing out in person.

I'm an optimist.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
They're probably gonna show some stuff, but I wouldn't expect any awesome surprises. The Wii U is done getting big new games, unfortunately :(

Maybe they'll have another Zelda 3DS game or something though? Single player this time?

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Is anyone else sitting on a dozen or so 'pending' Miitomo friend requests? I think I've finally plateaued here. I am pleased to know that the internet cares about cats and bread. :)

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Yeah, the fervor's died down and some people seem to not be checking the app any more.

It's still got appeal but it's no longer as shiny.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It lasted more than a week. That is a success in the mobile world. Maybe, I guess. I don't know how those things are measured.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

They'll end up throwing on a really good award later on to get everyone back into it and then we'll remember how much we hated doing all the daily stuff again.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I've only missed one day of the daily stuff so far

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I don't seem to be getting daily login bonii anymore.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It was explicitly tied to April calendar days. A launch month bonus.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

You should be getting the special promotion bonus though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It'll probably reset once May rolls around.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Alxprit posted:

It'll probably reset once May rolls around.

It was, we're now getting May bonuses. I guess that's how we'll get a trickle of game tickets from now on?

e: Did anyone else's unanswered questions just get wiped? With that and the dog question, it looks like we're set for a new batch. Nevermind, display bug.

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 1, 2016

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Nintendo posted:

An update for Miitomo is coming soon and will include the following new features:

Send friend requests via e-mail and other methods, allowing you to connect with friends who aren't linked to you via social media.
• Answer the same questions as others when viewing "All answers."
• Edit a Miifoto before posting it as a comment.
• Speed optimizations for various processes.

That'll make some of my friends happy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Anaxite posted:

That'll make some of my friends happy.

Too little too late

I already deleted this app

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Too little too late

Same here. What a flash in the pan that was. I wonder what their usage stats look like. I'd be very interested in seeing a line chart from launch until now.

As I've mentioned before it really just doesn't have enough game to keep me engaged. I've gone back to Hearthstone as my go-to mobile game, and I'm trying out Kingdom Hearts, too.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Too little too late

Good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Miitomo is complete garbage and poo poo. The only thing about it that could be considered good is nothing. I mean the photos. Those are sort of fun. But everything else is terrible. It eats up a huge amount of storage. It is slow. It is buggy. It is feature-poor.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hello, Miitomo.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I still like Miitomo. The questions have made for good conversation starters with my friends.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

SeANMcBAY posted:

I still like Miitomo. The questions have made for good conversation starters with my friends.

But... I don't have any friends...

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Why you guys acting like you had to pay for this, yeah there's nothing to do but you can delete it no consequence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Raserys posted:

Why you guys acting like you had to pay for this, yeah there's nothing to do but you can delete it no consequence

Something being free doesn't make it immune to criticism.

• Locked thread