Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I dunno, you do get eShop discounts. There could be something super rad to do with those coins in the future.

I still enjoy playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Raserys posted:

Why you guys acting like you had to pay for this, yeah there's nothing to do but you can delete it no consequence

We had to pay with our time.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I still like Miitomo. The questions have made for good conversation starters with my friends.

I still like it. It's a neat thing to boot up once a day to see what weird questions my friends have answered, and get my daily My Nintendo points injection.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

If you downloaded Miitomo and can honestly say you derived no pleasure from it, well, you are still a lying rear end in a top hat and totally wrong.

Domo, Miitomo

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Jeff Goldblum posted:

If you downloaded Miitomo and can honestly say you derived no pleasure from it, well, you are still a lying rear end in a top hat and totally wrong.

Domo, Miitomo

Guess I'm a lying rear end in a top hat and totally wrong then!

Except I'm not.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

If tater bread didn't even amuse you you're dead inside

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Like I understand thinking "Miitomo was pretty lame" but thinking "Miitomo was a piece of loving poo poo garbage" is either an overreaction or a sign of autism

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

We had to pay with our time.

Which is worthless.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Unmature posted:

Which is worthless.

So is Miitomo.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Waltzing Along posted:

So is Miitomo.

I think you have the wrong attitude about it.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I have a lot of fun with my friends because we drink weed and smoke beers while answering the questions. Plus anything goes if you don't report each other. It's a pretty hilarious social game.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Housh posted:

because we drink weed

I see what you did there but the jokes on you, edibles include drinks like weed soda.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

chemosh6969 posted:

I see what you did there but the jokes on you, edibles include drinks like weed soda.
Nintendo is loving us again.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Miitomo was fun very briefly but got old quicker than drinking from the wrong chalice. There's virtually no content in Miitomo. It's an empty framework that we have to fill by answering mostly inane questions.

Mii Drop is the only somewhat fun thing (read: the only actual game content), and it runs on the "purchase more moves" F2P model. Screw that. I have better options available.

But hey, if you're enjoying it, by all means have fun. :v:

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I totally have room in my heart to love Miitomo and think it's cool but it loses its appeal as soon as my IRL friends walk away which they have and now it's just a dumb mindless way to get some platinum points.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MisterAlex posted:

Twitter was fun very briefly but got old quicker than drinking from the wrong chalice. There's virtually no content in Twitter. It's an empty framework that we have to fill by posting mostly inane statements.

Agreed.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Miitomo isn't a game. It was never trying to be a game. It's Nintendo-brand social media.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Miitomo is an allegory for the mid-2010s society and zeitgeist. If you desire change, iconoclasm is necessary.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Negrostrike posted:

Miitomo is an allegory for the mid-2010s society and zeitgeist. If you desire change, iconoclasm is necessary.

It's actually a vision of the future, because in 10-15 years every major game development company will be exclusively making App Store trash for idiots (like Miitomo)

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Remembered this is a thing and decided to follow the folks on the List, anyone who's still playing this hollow friendship simulator/App Store trash/Platinum Point mill feel free to follow me back: https://twitter.com/Kremdog28

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Housh posted:

I have a lot of fun with my friends because we drink weed and smoke beers while answering the questions. Plus anything goes if you don't report each other. It's a pretty hilarious social game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_jftSWkszo

Like that?

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
Despite the focus on social media, I find it interesting that there's a nearly full-featured Mii creator within the app. It's far nicer to use than on the 3DS, and I like it better than the Wii U.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Most of the game including the editor is taken directly for Tomodachi Life and there are a zillion customisation games they could and probably will mine from that game, too. I don't know why they're being so slow about it, I know this is their first mobile app but you'd think they understand mobile players expect you to keep the trough full at all times.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Add me!

https://www.twitter.com/relicmouth

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Scratch-O posted:

It's actually a vision of the future, because in 10-15 years every major game development company will be exclusively making App Store trash for idiots (like Miitomo)

Nah, the App Store model is crashing hard. There's a chance it will be okay.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Bass Bottles posted:

Nah, the App Store model is crashing hard. There's a chance it will be okay.

You have a source for this, or is it like how Nintendo's been doomed since 1985.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
New update is live!

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

If they added a "clear all notifications" button I might play more often

No offense goon friends but i am sick of the 100+ post bread discussions. Potato bread is a just a prank your friends and family have been playing on you for years.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

New update is live!

The new "invite" feature sends a one-use friending link through SMS, email, or other chat applications. The link is valid 14 days. That's... okay, I guess. Disappointing that you still can't friend by a unique ID or QR code, but I guess that's not their aim.

And I just realized that they missed a huge opportunity in not allowing friending over NFC, if they think face-to-face is a big deal.

E: The Android 1.2 build has some serious sounds problems on my phone. None of the voices or sound effects are playing, and the music is intermittent.

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 08:38 on May 10, 2016

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

New update is live!

These are all nice features that really should have been there from the beginning.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i got miitomo yesterday and i like it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I barely use this compared to other apps that take 10% as much disk space but I can't compel myself to delete it in case I just want to look at some goofy answers again some day

What the gently caress have you done to me Nintendo

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

CrashCat posted:

I barely use this compared to other apps that take 10% as much disk space but I can't compel myself to delete it in case I just want to look at some goofy answers again some day

What the gently caress have you done to me Nintendo

If you remove it, you could always reinstall it again. But you won't.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MisterAlex posted:

If you remove it, you could always reinstall it again. But you won't.
Maybe I could, but I also probably won't remember either login that I had to enter in because I put them in once and don't use them for anything else. :argh:

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Deleted this app days ago. The most use I got from it is having goons on my Twitter feed.

Enjoy answering how many flowers you can see in your mind.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Ronnie posted:

Deleted this app days ago. The most use I got from it is having goons on my Twitter feed.

Enjoy answering how many flowers you can see in your mind.

The flowers I see are from potatoes and it's before they're picked to make potato bread

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
I'm still just having a ball with making weird pictures, but I wish they'd add more elements to play with. Maybe in time.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

There should have been a house decorating element.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

chemosh6969 posted:

The flowers I see are from potatoes and it's before they're picked to make potato bread
Potato lover are ye? Gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bass Bottles posted:

There should have been a house decorating element.

You should be able to infiltrate enemy bases and steal their clothes.

• Locked thread