Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The current systems need better third party support for me to buy in at this point.

That's probably never going to happen with Nintendo systems. Just accept that Nintendo systems are only good for Nintendo games.

Basically, console wise, a Wii U plus either a Xbone or a PS4 (depending on which company's exclusives you prefer) is a perfect pairing. Good Nintendo stuff never comes to the other two, good stuff for the other two never comes to NIntendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
im not gonna try and sell someone on a wiiu, despite the good good games available on it, but if you get a 3ds you have access to literally hundreds of Good Games

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
The 3DS and the WiiU are both huge pieces of poo poo so I'm not surprised someone would be skeptical about purchasing one, even if they did want to play Nintendo games.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

~Coxy posted:

The 3DS and the WiiU are both huge pieces of poo poo

This is so wildly inaccurate that it hurts!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

~Coxy posted:

The 3DS and the WiiU are both huge pieces of poo poo so I'm not surprised someone would be skeptical about purchasing one, even if they did want to play Nintendo games.

Please leave.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I would never say a Nintendo product is bad, becasue that would be a lie.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

The Virtual Boy was a good product and I would buy it again.

How much was it?

e. i am also very happy i own a game boy camera and game boy printer, these are things i still use

ee. someone please send me their 3ds stand my five year old is trying to play kid icarus and has carpal tunnel

eee. is the wii car charging accessory is compatible with the wiiu i would like to bring the wiiu camping this summer

eeee. does anyone want to buy my collection of golf stick accessories for the wiimote? at least half of them are "license by ninfendo"

eeeee. something something all of the NES and SNES accessories

Nintendo of America

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 17, 2016

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

i dont get it

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

~Coxy posted:

dont talk this way about the 3ds or the splatUn console pls go

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

AfroGunsou posted:

im not gonna try and sell someone on a wiiu, despite the good good games available on it, but if you get a 3ds you have access to literally hundreds of Good Games

I have twice as many games for my Vita as I do my 3DS. I can only count on my hands the amount of games I actually own for my 3DS.

Name 100 good 3DS games. Version splits (Pokemon, Fire Emblem Fates) do not count.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm pretty sure the implication there is Virtual Console which I'm fairly confident would have a significantly bigger library than PS Classics.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

also ds games

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

AfroGunsou posted:

also ds games

also psp games? thats a weak rear end argument

vita imports are a strong argument especially if you like 10,000 samey naked girl rpgs but there are a lot of good unique flavor games on 3ds and vita

you cant love freedom wars without acknowledging monhun and vice versa

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Slur posted:

Name 100 good 3DS games. Version splits (Pokemon, Fire Emblem Fates) do not count.

well poo poo I could only think up 99 good ones, so I guess the system is trash.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 17, 2016

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Miitomo is good

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

i only said you could play many good games if you had a 3ds, not that it was better/worse or had more/less games than the vita

but this thread is about miitomo and not the very good 3ds video game console not that theres much about miitomo to talk about other than i can finally live my fantasy of being a naked man with a giant mushroom head

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I know I collect video games but who the hell owns 100 games for a single console when not counting every single game in collection ports and Steam/PC.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Slur posted:

lol

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fawf posted:

Miitomo is good

Yeah, it's pretty neat.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Jarogue posted:

I know I collect video games but who the hell owns 100 games for a single console when not counting every single game in collection ports and Steam/PC.

That cool kid with the rich dad who has every NES game

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Spellman posted:

That cool kid with the rich dad who has every NES game

gently caress that kid

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

No no no, that's a PC game!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Yo, I need more friends for this thing. Add me using @TheCharmancer on twitter!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
This thread is weird

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Slur posted:

I have twice as many games for my Vita as I do my 3DS. I can only count on my hands the amount of games I actually own for my 3DS.

you got it buddy! all games in this list are currently available either in the us or europe

Ace Attorney 5
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
Aero Porter
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
Another World
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone!
Attack of the Friday Monsters!
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Bit.Trip Saga
Bravely Default
Bravely Second
BOXBOY!
Cave Story 3D
Crimson Shroud
Dementium: Remastered
The Denpa Men
Dillon's Rolling Western
Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
Disney Art Academy
Disney Infinity
Disney Magical World
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
Etrian Odyssey IV
Ertian Odyssey Untold
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2
Fallblox
Fantasy Life
Final Fantasy Explorers
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Fates
Flipnote Studio 3D
Fullblox
Gunman Clive
Harmoknight
Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning
Hydroventure: Spin Cycle
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Inazuma Eleven
Kersploosh!
Ketzal's Corridors
Kid Icarus Uprising
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Kirby Triple Deluxe
LBX: Little Battlers Experience
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Liberation Maiden
Lego Whatever
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
Mario Golf: World Tour
Mario Kart 7
Mario Tennis Open
Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move
Mario & Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Mighty Switch Force!
Mighty Switch Force! 2
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Mutant Mudds
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Nintendogs + Cats
Persona Q
Phoenix Wright Trilogy
Picross E (and E2 - E6)
Pokemon Art Academy
Pokemon Shuffle
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Pokemon X/Y
Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney
Project X Zone 2
Pullblox
Pullblox World
Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition
Rayman Origins
Resident Evil: Revelations
Retro City Rampage
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
Rune Factory 4
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 - Break Record
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Shovel Knight
Skylanders
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
Star Fox 64 3D
The Starship Damrey
SteamWorld Dig
SteamWorld Heist
Stella Glow
Story of Seasons
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Smash Bros for 3DS
Street Fighter IV
Tales of the Abyss
Terraria
Tetris Axis
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (& Curtain Call)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Tomodachi Life
Ultimate NES Remix
VVVVVV
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Yokai Watch
Zen Pinball 3D
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

i count 122 here, and i condensed it a bit

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
realtalk that was mostly a quick copy and paste job but there's a lot of games on there i should buy at some point

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Hell yeah

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

So, I feel like an idiot. I didn't realize you had to actually go to the website to collect those "Get 5 Hearts in one day" etc. rewards. I've gotten those every stinking day since the app dropped and never actually collected them!

I've gotten the weekly rewards that way, but not the dailies. ALL THOSE POINTS! :cry:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

realtalk that was mostly a quick copy and paste job but there's a lot of games on there i should buy at some point

Well done.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Alright. I managed to get 1000pts again, and I've already grabbed WarioWare. Should I grab TP Picross, or should I potentially hold out for a new 1000pt freebie?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

So, I feel like an idiot. I didn't realize you had to actually go to the website to collect those "Get 5 Hearts in one day" etc. rewards. I've gotten those every stinking day since the app dropped and never actually collected them!

I've gotten the weekly rewards that way, but not the dailies. ALL THOSE POINTS! :cry:

I don't think you have to go all the way to the website, you can just go to the Missions tab in the app and manually collect them there. Sometimes the mission auto-collects when you change screens but I agree it should always happen instantaneously

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Takoluka posted:

Alright. I managed to get 1000pts again, and I've already grabbed WarioWare. Should I grab TP Picross, or should I potentially hold out for a new 1000pt freebie?

Hold out for something better.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Silver Falcon posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, what!?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Seems inconsistant, i dont have to do it for the changing clothes reward but i had to go to the missions menu in miitomo to get 5 points for reading a ceartin amount of questions in a day

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm pretty sure you don't need to! All the Miitomo missions have auto-collected the platinum coins on my phone. Or maybe it's phone-dependent?

In other news, I finally got a question that nobody else on my list answered.
I now know there's a question which plainly uses the words "senpai" and "kohai" in at least English and French. It was a weird moment.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Splatoon x Miitomo: https://miitomo.com/en/collaboration/160421_splatoon

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
If they count Japan and USA twitter accounts together, it's already over 18,000 retweets. Looks like we're getting the hats...

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 21, 2016

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

This is pretty goofy considering they obviously made the models already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Miitomo sucks.

• Locked thread