Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kelp Plankton posted:

why the gently caress is there not a way to friend people without using twitter or facebook

other than friending your friend's friends in-game i mean. which is handy but not a solution for the problem

It's an easy way to ensure people push this poo poo on social media, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Splatoon x Miitomo: https://miitomo.com/en/collaboration/160421_splatoon

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hello, Miitomo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Most of the game including the editor is taken directly for Tomodachi Life and there are a zillion customisation games they could and probably will mine from that game, too. I don't know why they're being so slow about it, I know this is their first mobile app but you'd think they understand mobile players expect you to keep the trough full at all times.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
New update is live!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Shigesato Itoi (the Earthbound guy) interviewed your pal and mine, Yoshio Sakamoto, about Miitomo; it's broken into a few different parts, updated more-or-less daily, and NOA has just started translating them: https://miitomo.com/en/talk/

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SeANMcBAY posted:

This is actually pretty interesting. I hope Itoi Asks becomes a thing.

Itoi's main gig is doing interviews in this style for his website, Hobonichi. He interviews all sorts of people but he has done a lot of Nintendo interviews over the years and a lot of them are still untranslated.

Incidentally, Itoi released his own social app about a month ago - it's called Dokonoko and it's ostensibly a database to help people keep track of their pets but it's really just Instagram for dogs: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dokonoko/id1079305396

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Miitomo stuff from Nintendos investor meeting:

quote:

We released Miitomo in March this year, and it will soon reach 15 million unique users. This title has not been impactful from a profit perspective, but the trends have been largely according to our expectations.

As our initial foray into the smart device business, Miitomo has focused on bringing Nintendo’s entertainment to as many people as possible across the world. Another main goal of Miitomo has been to let consumers connect with their friends. We are making preparations to allow friend relationships from Miitomo to be carried over to Super Mario Run. Since Super Mario Run has a mode where you can compete with other players, this means that active communication with your family and friends in Miitomo will lead to even more fun moments in Super Mario Run.

In order to enjoy Miitomo with your family and friends, we are planning a major update soon that will completely transform Miitomo by making communication with your friends even more fun. This update will introduce a unique message feature that lets you use your Mii character’s facial expressions and voice to send any message you want in expressive one-on-one communication. We are also planning additional features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Miitomo got a big feature update today:

-direct messaging

-room customisation (wallpaper & floors via Miitomo Drop, turn photos into custom posters)

-Style Central (share, browse, award hearts to and buy user-submitted ensembles)

-Answer Central (answer featured questions, read worldwide responses, award hearts, etc

-Sidekick Miis (secondary Miis with their own room that can direct message & use Style Central)

• Locked thread