Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
You beat me to the thread, so have this.

Also https://twitter.com/CleverBuns because why not, probably not going to use it for much else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Instant Sunrise posted:

My twitter is already listed in the OP, but this is what my name/avatar on Miitomo looks like if you're adding via mutual friends on Miitomo:

That's a good idea. Here's my mug too:

Maybe we can have those added next to our twitter links?

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Is there any way to add people online without having to link Twitter/Facebook?

There isn't.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Spellman posted:

One missed opportunity, you should be able to do up your room? With furniture and all that. Kinda surprised since this is a money grubbin game and all

That would be nice. Right now, it seems like it's based off your Mii's personality.

Alright, time to try linking my Japanese account to twitter too and see if that bugs out.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

At least it's really quick to get on the Suggested Friends gravy train.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

shadowobsessed posted:

Does anyone know if it's possible to change your Miitomo room/the musical theme it plays when others come to visit? It seems to me that my friends have different wall/floor decorations and songs. Is it just random?

I also hope that they'll add more mini-games or different types of activities to it soon. I wouldn't mind paying.

I'm pretty sure the room layout (and maybe the music) are based on the Mii's personality.

As for activities... it's likely they'll leave the activities as-is. If Nintendo is planning on releasing 5 complimentary smartphone apps by the end of the year, they're probably going to keep each one in its own niche.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

It doesn't feel as bad as Blizzard game launch day levels of connections problems, but yeah.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Serious question: how many different music/personality combos are there? My fiancé is an "Easygoing Dreamer" and I'm an "Outgoing Trendsetter. Would, say, an "Easygoing Trendsetter" have a completely different tune, or is each combo a mix of both personality bits?

One guide said there are 4 main personality types and 4 subtypes each. Makes me wonder if they based it off Myers–Briggs or something similar. But I don't know how room/music changes are done.

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 5, 2016

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

Am I blind, or is there no way to just post a miifoto you make inside the app itself? I can post it to Facebook/Twitter but I don't see an option to just share it with my friends list like I would an answer or whatever.

Or is it just automatic and people will randomly get it when I finish making something?

So far, you can't spread a miifoto around that you created by going directly to the creator. Only the ones where the app offers to take a picture of yourself.

Maybe it's to prevent your friends from seeing other Miis accidentally or something, which makes no sense because Facebook/Twitter.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Maybe this is a strategy to only keep *True Nintendo Fans*. :v:

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Agent Rush posted:

I'm @AgentAccel, for whoever wants to add me. Also, has anyone tried adding friends face-to-face? I can't get that to work for some reason, it just says no friends found even when we're pushing the same symbol.

Both wifi and location services need to be on. If you're indoors, you'll need high accuracy location (from wifi/cell phone networks as opposed to just GPS).

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Yup. The sequence of events goes like this:
  • All people who want to friend press the symbol.
  • Phone checks the location. If it hasn't acquired one yet, friending will fail.
  • When location has been checked, people are brought to a screen that has all the nearby Miis that pressed the symbol.
  • Select the Miis you want to friend, press OK/Done
  • When everyone's done that (it waits for both people to confirm), Miitomo will confirm with the server and add friends.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

The charm's kinda worn off here too, but not necessarily in a bad way. It's become simple fun to occasionally see people's new answers crop up, and not worry too much about using the app enough.

Loading times are also gradually getting less lovely, maybe...

e: I've still got a feeling Japan accounts are routed through different servers.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

I just noticed that too, suddenly a whole lot of people from Twitter appeared! It's a lot more convenient.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Wait... are style points not given by changing clothes, but by taking a Miifoto afterwards and also having people heart it? It seems like that's how there's such a weird progression.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

So, I feel like an idiot. I didn't realize you had to actually go to the website to collect those "Get 5 Hearts in one day" etc. rewards. I've gotten those every stinking day since the app dropped and never actually collected them!

I've gotten the weekly rewards that way, but not the dailies. ALL THOSE POINTS! :cry:

I'm pretty sure you don't need to! All the Miitomo missions have auto-collected the platinum coins on my phone. Or maybe it's phone-dependent?

In other news, I finally got a question that nobody else on my list answered.
I now know there's a question which plainly uses the words "senpai" and "kohai" in at least English and French. It was a weird moment.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

If they count Japan and USA twitter accounts together, it's already over 18,000 retweets. Looks like we're getting the hats...

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 21, 2016

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

chemosh6969 posted:

You do need to use the website for some.

Which ones?

I've tested missions a bit more. It seems like Miitomo missions won't necessarily auto-complete the moment you fulfil the conditions. However, the next time the app loads up, it tries to collect all missions you've completed. At least on Android.

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 26, 2016

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

chemosh6969 posted:

I used the site for the miiverse and logging into the eshop weekly stuff but maybe those get picked up too?

Those are different. They're not directly linked to Miitomo, and need to be clicked through to get the coins.

Along with the Splatoon wigs and drops, the new Nintendo rewards for Miitomo appeared... six Splatoon ink tanks, each a different color, for 150 platinum coins each. There's also some other Nintendo news:
  • Miitomo passed 10,000,000 users, and we're getting a special daily bonus every day from April 29-May 9.
  • There will also be three Miitomo drops that were only available in Japan at launch, two days each during this period.
  • Nintendo will release two new phone apps in Fall, one for Fire Emblem and one for Animal Crossing. Apparently they'll complement the console games.
  • Nintendo NX: Global release March 2017.

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 27, 2016

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Yeah, the fervor's died down and some people seem to not be checking the app any more.

It's still got appeal but it's no longer as shiny.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

You should be getting the special promotion bonus though.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Alxprit posted:

It'll probably reset once May rolls around.

It was, we're now getting May bonuses. I guess that's how we'll get a trickle of game tickets from now on?

e: Did anyone else's unanswered questions just get wiped? With that and the dog question, it looks like we're set for a new batch. Nevermind, display bug.

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 1, 2016

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Nintendo posted:

An update for Miitomo is coming soon and will include the following new features:

Send friend requests via e-mail and other methods, allowing you to connect with friends who aren't linked to you via social media.
• Answer the same questions as others when viewing "All answers."
• Edit a Miifoto before posting it as a comment.
• Speed optimizations for various processes.

That'll make some of my friends happy.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Despite the focus on social media, I find it interesting that there's a nearly full-featured Mii creator within the app. It's far nicer to use than on the 3DS, and I like it better than the Wii U.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

New update is live!

The new "invite" feature sends a one-use friending link through SMS, email, or other chat applications. The link is valid 14 days. That's... okay, I guess. Disappointing that you still can't friend by a unique ID or QR code, but I guess that's not their aim.

And I just realized that they missed a huge opportunity in not allowing friending over NFC, if they think face-to-face is a big deal.

E: The Android 1.2 build has some serious sounds problems on my phone. None of the voices or sound effects are playing, and the music is intermittent.

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 08:38 on May 10, 2016

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

It's practically begging for reenactments of Cho Aniki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Sometime between my last post and now (after taking a break and traveling), 1.3.0 dropped. The interface is a bit more streamlined, there are answer previews in the thought bubble, and hearts are faster.

E: and a big speech bubble button at the bottom to give a direct update on stuff that's happened lately. Maybe people wanted that?

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 30, 2016

• Locked thread