Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zolthorg
May 26, 2009

I;m deep send help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

The featured questions match the thee outfit gatcha/pachinko themes
duh
but still :aaa:

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

https://twitter.com/AlfalfaTheRoach

I can't wait to have so many new Twitter followers Miitomo friends!

;)

Lemming posted:

More people are joining that list than I can add, I'm losing the loving race

don't worry, i'll add you

Waltzing Along posted:

I love how it is now taking 10+ seconds per friend request due to it having to deal with bad programming.

Have people looked at the source already? Or is this a known problem with DeNa

rude

Astroduck posted:

Miitomo is great so far and is filling the Swapnote shaped hole in my heart.

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 2, 2016

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

im at 693 and its a royal pain to go and cancel friend requests so i can accept requests from people who sent to me

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

i have 800 friends and it doesnt really work well when i try to cancel a friend request i sent so i can accept one that has been sent to me
but my friends list and all the requests sent to me still load in about 5 seconds on 4g or wifi
on an iphone 5s
not sure what is wrong with your phones / connections guys

e: is everyone else starting to stagnate around 9/10 style/popularity
i think i spent too much on plinko plays and didnt but enough clothes from the store. there seems to be a hard limit to style points you can get from reusing an item in outfits
also i think i need to get more responses or hearts instead of more raw friend count

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 3, 2016

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

they're either doing regional hotswapping for servers or doing maintenance to the friendlist server somehow because i now finally haven't been able to access my friends list all day and i doubt it was the difference between having 810 friends or 815 friends

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Fryhtaning posted:

I'm pissed that all of this came out like two weeks after I ponied up for FE:Fates, and I had just bought Revelation last week. I want my points :argh:

like 1 day after i bought tphd =/

also i know i have been awake for about 22/23 hours because of work shift shens
but i was looking to be tempted by that majoras mask 3d discount code and uh

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/game-guide#filter/-%7C-%7Czelda%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7Cfeatured%7Cdes%7C-
what

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

~Coxy posted:

I wish people would stop posting about obviously-fake types of bread like potato and garlic on Miitomo.

i'm done hearing about how many flowers that hundreds of people saw on the grassy knoll / in the window of the building
it looks like they're setup to not change any of those except for once every several weeks though

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Bass Bottles posted:

Yeah I'm real sick of the flowers question lol

When asked that
silly flowers question
to find out
how many people
a person is
supposedly
going to
go out with
in their
lifetime
FUK BOI
answered

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Day 2 of being unable to access my friends list. They have to know about this issue by now.

Mine worked up until about 2 days ago, when i was having no problem managing like 800 friends and people were complaining it broke at like 50 for them. I convinced myself that about 24 hours of downtime was reasonable but now i'm convinced its just the Nintendo seal of buying some "Next Gen" quality server space in the toaster section of the staff kitchen at the data centre/colo

e: I see a new bread type at least a few times a day so that one's not old
but there are apparently a bunch of kids on this app so every time they ask me about stress relief I have to come up with a new lie :rolleyes:

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

rude
playing splatoon
join a random room
could not connect to partners device
twice
and then put into a lobby where i have to wait 50 sec
the struggle is real
nintendo diverting server architecture HARD to miitomo

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Lemming posted:

Garlic bread isn't a type of bread, it's something you can do to bread

It'd be like saying your favorite kind of bread is toast

15 minutes into Miitomo && chill and she tells u her favorite bread is french toast

Surprisingly nobody has criticized me for Croissant yet

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

3 days, 1 non mandatory app update, and 1 app store mandatory update later
friends list still not working lmao

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

really want to access my friends list again nintendo so i can delete some of the non active people and add some people from communities im actually part of :(

miifoto is so fun i wish i didnt add 900 people because i keep getting the basic answers from all of them instead of seeing my close friends miifotos

e: do we know how high popularity and style can go? Once I broke level 10 without hitting lv MAX I got concerned, but they can't have written 99 unique titles for both certainly? The titles i was getting at level 9 ish seemed a lot more 'final' then I was getting at level 11.
I added all these people to finish the daily 'quests' quickly each day, but its still a struggle to get 5 comments, I'd rather delete basically everyone but actual acquaintences and just have an alt account on an android phone or somesuch to cheat it every day

ee: i just finished 5 comments before 5 hearts for the day :downs:

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 6, 2016

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Fryhtaning posted:

This is starting to piss me off. I'm getting almost zero activity on my Mii, even though everyone sees and responds to comments I'm leaving on others. I've got 67 answers given, with 10 hearts and 6 comments received, most of them my wife from when we first started messing around with Miitomo. People I'm interacting with regularly have hundreds of each.

I don't care about the level so much as the fact that it's basically dead every time I log in to see what's changed.

its a social engineering problem where the active players who have turned the app on for more than like 5-15 min after downloading it, are looking to get comments hearts, and daily missions done. so theyve added hundreds of people.

i try to leave multiple comments and hearts for each mii the rng throws at me. but my last count was over 800 and although i have made hundreds of comments and hearts. thats over several days to several people. not five per friend per day

also you need a large pool of answers to get 5 hearts a day since people cant heart something twice afaik

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

I can't add any more friends and I am still in the 800s. I thought it topped out at 1000.

Weird.

friends and active requests but not received requests
either that or thats whats causing the glitch that makes your friends list never load
i had a backlog of about fifty sent to me that i was going to cancel requests and accept them
but then i stopped being able to use friends list

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Mine's still busted :smith:

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

awww yeah ninja bullshit

e: lmao the ninja drops are immense levels of bullshit

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 7, 2016

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Jarogue posted:

Also you can rub miis heads like in Tomodachi Life face petting is in the game, eat it FE Fates.

gOLD. please refer back to my DAY1 post
I found quick ways to clear hearts and comments from the recent updates but it feels a bit spammy since its quicker to comment once then reload the 200 post thread five times to get it cleared out
i wish i could just unaubscribe from epic meme 200 answer threads

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

comment me on the miitomo of sex

Bass Bottles posted:

What does it mean when someone is grayed out and you can't even click on them to see the "You can't visit people who aren't your friends" notice?

probably blocked

also i have a loving 200 post potato bread thing to click past all the time
and miitomo juat hit the wall because asomwone just posted a 'eating meat is animal cruelty' thread
need to make a rule not to comment on anyones answers if they have too many friends from now on

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Got bored of this app :(

except the gamification of club nintendo is now intrinsically tied to all rewards so you cant just be a good customer and get cool things for buying nintendo games. you have to buy digital or play this every day

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Dr Sun Try posted:

I'm confused by all the goons giving serious answers.

:colbert: its primarily an app for getting text hosed
comment me on the miitomo of sex or just hit skip if u cant handle the e passion / mii passion :kamina:

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

rude
my mii ran out of questions
and now i cant even get my daily answer bonuses
i have to like change my outfit 4 times a day now

i usually dont even get 5 comments/ 5 hearts a day unless i go on and answer 10 questions a couple times a day

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

A good poster posted:

I think you can get the outfit changing bonus by trying on a bunch of stuff at the store and not even buying anything.

no i mean to generate a miifoto and then have my mii ask to share it with my friends

the prizes on mynintendo were actually reasonable if i could have continued earning 330 points per week but if im going to lose 30 a day from not even being able to do daily content like even re-answering the dumb questions about food and even getting the 15 miitomo gold coins to eventually buy more mii clothes then gently caress

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Friends list still doesn't load. going to just rate the app 1 star to leave a 'bug report'

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

jivjov posted:

How much easier can they make giving them your credit card information in exchange for sweet sweet coins?

im not paying two dollars for a shirt
i might pay five dollars for an entire outfit that i pick from the store. but im not willing to drop 10-15 for a few clothing pieces when i dont even have the reliability that ill be able to use the mii dressed up in those clothes on aay, the nx system menu functions/ social featurea / in games

and right now thats what you get. 100$ gets you 70k+30k bonus coins aka 100k coins
if they did a half off sale and it was 1000 coins for 50 cents id have like hundreds of clothing items instead of the pittance ive earned from daily clothes

you can get like 500 coins a day if you get a good daily bonus, theyre already giving out thw equivalent of 15$ a month of free coins. if they devalue that to 7$ theyre giving out way less for free and will see much higher whale activity

miitomo has some really cute clothes in it. i just wish there was an app to use them in that didnt have a broken friendlist AND/OR that they cost about half as much. even just making miifotos is a pretty nifty app and then sharing those externally on the net if i had more clothing pieces to work with

e:

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 15, 2016

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Negrostrike posted:

I double dare you to ship a Wii U with a couple of games to where I live and force me to keep it that's right PM me for my address. :colbert:

like even if your a loving monster that cant love splatoon or smash4 how does someone exist that hasnt found a 3ds game to love

A good poster posted:

No Nintendo thing has ever been available for free before.

wrist straps and condoms :colbert:

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

~Coxy posted:

The 3DS and the WiiU are both huge pieces of poo poo so I'm not surprised someone would be skeptical about purchasing one, even if they did want to play Nintendo games.

dont talk this way about the 3ds or the splatUn console pls go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

AfroGunsou posted:

also ds games

also psp games? thats a weak rear end argument

vita imports are a strong argument especially if you like 10,000 samey naked girl rpgs but there are a lot of good unique flavor games on 3ds and vita

you cant love freedom wars without acknowledging monhun and vice versa

• Locked thread