Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
We can be friends on this silly game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kelp Plankton posted:

why the gently caress is there not a way to friend people without using twitter or facebook

other than friending your friend's friends in-game i mean. which is handy but not a solution for the problem

Because everyone has a real or throwaway account they can use and it's a million times better than "friend codes?"

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't have a twitter account but all these silly pictures are funny :)

See above.

Yoshi Jjang posted:

I already ran into three people so far on my friending-spree whose friend list is already maxed out. :stare:

The maximum is, what, 1000? I'm only at 40-something right now and I'm already tired of this.

That should be enough. You'll have a hard time clicking on those as it is without adding more.

enojy posted:

Holy gently caress the notification sound for this thing is the most jarring, terrifying poo poo I've ever heard

Like a sneeze but with a backing orchestra.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

~Coxy posted:

I wish people would stop posting about obviously-fake types of bread like potato and garlic on Miitomo.

Garlic bread is real. It is the proper way to prepare most breadtypes. If you did nothing but eat it, though, you'd get fat. Bread makes you fat. Butter makes you fat.

Bread makes you fat.

This potato bread thing is getting out of hand though.

zolthorg posted:

i'm done hearing about how many flowers that hundreds of people saw on the grassy knoll / in the window of the building
it looks like they're setup to not change any of those except for once every several weeks though

Ugh that question is worse than the bread one, but not by very much.

Serious question: how many different music/personality combos are there? My fiancé is an "Easygoing Dreamer" and I'm an "Outgoing Trendsetter. Would, say, an "Easygoing Trendsetter" have a completely different tune, or is each combo a mix of both personality bits?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 5, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Chocolate garlic bread might be very good.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

You motherfuckers are crazy. Garlic is good but it's no Raisin bread.

Why stop there? Why not fruitcake?

I unironically like fruitcake.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Silver Falcon posted:

When I first opened the app, I was prompted to write a review for it, which I declined at the time. I wanted a bit of time to decide what I thought about it. My Mii said I could write one later, but I can't find the option. Does anyone know where it is? I'd be very much obliged. I'd like to provide some feedback.

Just select Write A Review on the App Store. Or Google Store, I assume.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Wrist Watch posted:

Yeah, this. I didn't realize it until people posted about it just now but there's like actual games or coupons and other stuff you can buy with the platinum coins you get from this game.

Of course, as far as I can tell there's no way to know this unless you already knew Nintendo points were a thing before miitomo and made the connection that the coins you're earning that say "miitomo" on them are actually functionally equivalent to regular Nintendo platinum points so you knew to save them instead of spending them on miitomo stuff which is the only thing this app displays they're used for.

Duh.

I would literally have to own another current Nintendo product besides this game for that to benefit me, though.

That may change after or around E3, however.

What can I get points for with my computer?

Also, I figured out the music that plays when you have guests or visit people. Easygoing, Outgoing, independent and Confident all have different songs. Your subtype doesn't seem to effect the song.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AfroGunsou posted:

1. why people tryna find a use for my nintendo without owning or caring about current nintendo consoles

2. why dont you own any current nintendo consoles

Honest answer:

Because while I do love me some Zelda it's not very cost-effective to get a console I will only play one or two games on. I still have my NES and SNES around and kicking.

On the other hand, I can play all multiplatform games reasonably well (I am not a pedant who counts peas and won't make a move without the go-ahead from Digital Foundry, and plus I don't have to play the Constantly Upgrade Your PC Game, which is more expensive than buying a console every few years no matter how hard PC gamers try to justify it) on my Xbox One, which is backwards compatible and makes me feel like I'm on Star Trek: TNG when I yell at the TV to do something and then it does it. The future is now.

I wish I had money for all consoles but I had to pick one and it's actually cool and good despite anything people might tell you. Just like Nintendo! :shobon:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AlphaKretin posted:

That's a fine answer to two, but if you're choosing not to use anything else Nintendo makes or does, what rewards do you expect from them?

It would possibly be an incentive to get a Nintendo system? I'm always open to the possibility.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AfroGunsou posted:

the incentive to get a nintendo system is the good video games to play on them, i think

The current systems need better third party support for me to buy in at this point.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I would never say a Nintendo product is bad, becasue that would be a lie.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fawf posted:

Miitomo is good

Yeah, it's pretty neat.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You'll never be a Ultra Friend or whatever the appropriate next level of friendship is now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It seems to award me missions semi-randomly on iOS.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So, the Humble Bundle is selling a bunch of WiiU and 3DS games this week. I dunno if you guys wanna check that out? I don't have either of those systems and this is the only Nintendo topic I post in.

I've played and beat Darksiders 2, it's like Diablo-style loot mixed with, maybe, Bayonetta-lite combos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I don't seem to be getting daily login bonii anymore.

• Locked thread