Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
I installed Miitomo... but I'm already out of coins and tickets for playing the pachinko machines.

What different ways can I get more pachinko funds (other than spending actual money)?
Also, could you add a list of the repeatable daily quests to the main thread post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

My Twitter account is the same as my SA username:
https://twitter.com/MisterAlex/

I need more Miitomo friends (and Hearts/Comments). :haw:

Silver Falcon posted:

I've seen a few people with an adorable round cat hat, looks like a cat sitting on your head. How do you get this. I want it. I WANT IT.
I think that's one of the pachinko machine prizes.

Edit: Yeah, it's in cat machine #2. Best of luck. I'm perpetually out of tickets/coins for those machines.

MisterAlex fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 2, 2016

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Looking forward to Mii Drop tutorial and strategy videos on YouTube. :v:

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

You can use the "Loadr Daily Links" extension for Chrome to help you remember to automatically open Miiverse, Nintendo, and My Nintendo every week.
The eShop mission has to be completed on a 3DS or Wii U, though.

Edit: If you're a little more proactive, you can just make a folder in your Bookmarks that contains the Nintendo URLs. Then, if you right-click on it, you can open the whole folder of links in a new window. Middle-clicking on it will open all links in your current window (in new tabs, of course).

MisterAlex fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 4, 2016

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Christo posted:

Is anyone else having issues receiving replies from your friends? I can see their likes and comments on my recent activity tab but when I click on my own mii or visitors, I only get more questions. I know one particular friend has answered at least a dozen questions but when I visit them it reports 1 seen, 0 unseen.

My friend and I saw some pretty severe delays a few evenings ago when he signed up, and we did the face-to-face friend thing...
He answered over a dozen questions, but only two were showing for me—and a bunch of his comments on my answers weren't showing up, either. I didn't see his activity until the next morning.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Fryhtaning posted:

I'm wondering if something is wrong with mine, too. I mean, I know I'm pretty unfunny, but I've answered tons of questions and have gotten zero hearts or comments in the last 24 hours. I leave hearts and comments everywhere, too, but I'm not sure if anyone has gotten them either. My wife also said she left a couple of comments that I haven't seen. I'm barely halfway to lvl 2 as a result.

Well, the strangest part was that it was only his activities that were delayed for me. I continued to get stuff from others. What's your Twitter handle and Mii name? I can try testing on your answers.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Not me. The two that depend on others went unfinished today. I guess I could load up an Android emulator and Heart my own stuff...

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

You can easily trigger a "prompted" photo by changing your clothes. Edit the picture as you see fit, and then talk to your Mii to share it (mii'll give you the "when I changed earlier, I took a pic" dialog).

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

How do you hide your Mii's body for Miifotos?

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

I guess it's just not an option when taking a Miifoto after an outfit change. I guess that makes sense, but it also sucks since those are the only ones I can share for friends to view in-game.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

I got a few different items, but I also landed in the candy thrice. I'll wait for some more "guide" videos to pop up. I want the sword.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

I've gotten kinda bored of Miitomo. There aren't new MiiDrop prizes frequently enough.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

jivjov posted:

I just want there to be more missions beyond "visit websites once a week, answer questions once a day"

They should do more of the "everybody answers the same question" things, or have photo contests or something.
I just really want there to be more game to the thing. I get a bit bored of the questions (though some of y'all's answers are pretty funny), but MiiDrop actually provides a bit of fun. And the "platinum points" are really only good for more Miitomo stuff, right? I mean, aside from some ugly device skins? So I have to slog through this not-game to get points that help me keep slogging through the not-game. =\

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Negrostrike posted:

Um what if I don't own any Nintendo consoles (and won't ever willfully own)?
Well, then good for you. Seriously.

Go wild and get the bee outfit.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Parasol Prophet posted:

I just want to win coins in Miitomo Drop. That's all.

Because it's great that there's new stuff in the shops every day, but when the most you can make from the question/answer routine is 175 a day, every time I buy something I just have to hope there's nothing better the next day, because I've already chosen my single purchase for the next week or two.

For a game with such a big dress-up component, you'd think they would make it easier to actually dress up.

Yeah, I feel like the candy consolation prize is pretty lame since candy is almost pointless.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Too little too late

I already deleted this app

Same here. What a flash in the pan that was. I wonder what their usage stats look like. I'd be very interested in seeing a line chart from launch until now.

As I've mentioned before it really just doesn't have enough game to keep me engaged. I've gone back to Hearthstone as my go-to mobile game, and I'm trying out Kingdom Hearts, too.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Miitomo was fun very briefly but got old quicker than drinking from the wrong chalice. There's virtually no content in Miitomo. It's an empty framework that we have to fill by answering mostly inane questions.

Mii Drop is the only somewhat fun thing (read: the only actual game content), and it runs on the "purchase more moves" F2P model. Screw that. I have better options available.

But hey, if you're enjoying it, by all means have fun. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

CrashCat posted:

I barely use this compared to other apps that take 10% as much disk space but I can't compel myself to delete it in case I just want to look at some goofy answers again some day

What the gently caress have you done to me Nintendo

If you remove it, you could always reinstall it again. But you won't.

• Locked thread