Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My cat is a teenager this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DrProsek posted:

What happens next month?

Probably dying :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pretty sure Lowtax can pay for the forum on WickedHate re-regs and Lurdiak avatars alone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I appreciate it, but he has lymphoma, and while the steroids are helping him feel much better, it's a matter of time at this point. I will admit I was being dramatic that he'll be dying in the next month, but it's entirely possible. He gets lots of pets.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Madkal posted:

I now feel like a jerk about the teenage death poetry. I retract that and hope your cat is kept happy and comfy and gets all the love.

Nah, I thought it was funny. He's enough of an rear end in a top hat that I could see him reciting lovely poetry at me just to annoy me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Soonmot posted:

Did sometime just use wanted as an example of a good comic book?

I think he used it as an example of a story that wasn't about how superheroes are faggots.

Which is kind of a weird example, because I'm pretty sure there's some parts where superheroes have gay sex or rape or something.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I screwed up on a date by making a snide remark when she ordered her steak "as burnt as you can cook it."

I'm firmly of the opinion that I did nothing wrong.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Finally finished off Hip Hop Family Tree Vol. 2 last night. I'm totally in love with this series, but was a bit unhappy that it ended just as more people I actually know started showing up. I liked that the handful of panels taking place in the 90s/2000s stood out from the surrounding panels.

I moved onto SHIELD by Steranko, which is a big shift in virtually everything.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I didn't realize people *didn't* like Gorillaz.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Good music is timeless. :colbert:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skynyrd owns, you guys suck.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

In reading Hip Hop Family Tree, the most striking thing is how little Grandmaster Flash is actually involved in the music published bearing his name.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Squizzle posted:

I really want to read that.
You totally should!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm waiting for the volume 3 and 4 box set which is a ways off, but I'm excited for more.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

In general, not so much, but as they start to work on a body of work, it can become clear that certain editors will tend to work on certain types of books and if there's some new talent coming in, the editor might be able to tell you if they're worth checking on.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Space Fish posted:

How much credit do Warren Simons and Dinesh Shamdasani get over Valiant's editorial direction? They've shown up DC at their own game when it comes to rebooting a universe.
It's much easier to reboot a universe when the universe you're rebooting hasn't been published in a decade.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah but almost every single comic they have released has been great, and they have had very few stinkers.

Truthfully, very few have really caught me, but not in a way I thought they were bad. Even still, you can't really argue that it's harder to recreate a universe when given plenty of time to plan and hire than it is when you have an active, ongoing publishing schedule you need to maintain.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Are we going to get JOKER IDENTITY RANDOM GUESS avatars now? I call Renee Montoya.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

That is compounded by the fact that if the blue lightening superman interests you, good luck tracking down that back issue. Cause those ain't digital or in trade print.

DC really needs a Marvel Unlimited thing.
You can probably get the entire Blue Era for less than lunch at McDonald's.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Giffen/Demattais (I know I misspelled that)'s Guy Gardner
Starlin's Thanos (though that's kind of cheating)
Waid's F4

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tom King's Vision being functionally a different character is kind of the point with that one, at least.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The best Civil War tie-in is the X-Men one where Tony shows up to recruit the X-Men and they tell him to piss off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aw, sorry to hear. At least he went peacefully, and presumably in the company of family. That's really the best you can hope for.

• Locked thread