Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yvonmukluk posted:

Journey into Misery - British man explains to his girlfriend various complex comics characters and concepts. Yes, even Hawkman.

Late on this, but this is a good podcast and the two people involved are the absolute sweetest folks.

Two years ago, I met Kieran as part of a 3-day indie wrestling show King of Trios, which was the reasoning for his first trip to America. Then a year later, Helena came with him for Trios, also her first trip to America.

Hanging out with people on their first trip to the US is itself a trip. Like going to the mall so they can try Chipotle and then hearing, "We have to go into that Hot Topic. We need to know what that actually is."

CapnAndy posted:

Huh. Do you know, I always didn't like Transmet's ending, but I just went back and re-read it and something new occurred to me.

I always thought it was a supreme dick move for Spider to not tell Channon or Yelena that he wasn't actually sick, but... there's no proof at all that he's lying to them, is there? The only person who gets told Spider's degenerative and can't ever come back is Royce, and I totally get why he'd be lied to and why the girls would help perpetuate that.
It appears that Yelena has a baby bump, so I'm pretty sure she's in the know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

I put ketchup on my steaks.

I stand with Rhyno on this. :colbert:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Batman v Superman would've been better if the conflict was motivated by dietary choices.

"DOES YOUR STEAK BLEED?"

"Sure, Zod caused a massive battle in Metropolis that killed thousands and he tried to cause complete genocide to the human race, but if you're not going to tip him at least 20%, then you can go straight to hell you rear end in a top hat piece of poo poo how dare you."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Don't tip their servers tho, those uppity pricks thinking they deserve money for providing services.

Nah, I pay double if they spit in my food.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

I don't get how in some parts of the US the thickness of milkshakes is something to brag about. That just makes it harder to drink. :(

The milkshakes are so thick--

I NEED YOUR HELP.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TwoPair posted:

That's pretty thick.

--you have to eat them with a spoon what am I doing in Africa?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I unironically enjoy Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up." In fact, I'm listening to it right now.

I mean, I also ironically enjoy it. It just works out that way.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Madkal posted:

Can we please have 5 pages dedicated to why Ultimatum is a secret masterpiece of comic book making.

We're going to need SuperMechaAmericanKaiju for that.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Volcott posted:

Where was Frank/what was he doing before Welcome Back, Frank?

An undead angel with divine guns who would shoot the demons responsible for his family's deaths.

Sorry you asked.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Joker's real name is Ted Kord. I loving dare you, DC.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Len Kaminski only wrote three Eddie Brock Venom stories: a 4-issue miniseries, a pre-Venom flashback issue and an issue of Iron Man. During those issues, I feel he had the best handle on him.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Trast posted:

I'm reading through Civil War on Marvel Unlimited right now. Are there any crossover issues to look out for or specifically avoid?

What If: Annihilation is the best Civil War comic.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Toxxupation posted:

Also it's worth it just for Nova's absolutely loving incredulous reaction to the fact that the Civil War is even a conflict in the first place.

For those who haven't seen it...

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

My favorite part is how Nova's first expression is "The gently caress?!" while his second expression is "THE loving gently caress?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Yvonmukluk posted:

The second half of What If: Civil War is also pretty drat good.

Other than the ugly attempt to make everything look like McNiven, I really like the issue as a whole.

"Hello, Tony Stark. I have come to show you that Captain America was totally wrong when it came to Civil War."

"That's awesome!"

"But I've also come to show you that things would have worked out if you weren't such a dick about everything."

"...oh :("

But yeah, that scene of everyone teaming up against the Thor clone was kicking rad.

• Locked thread