Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hey chat thread. I do some podcasting with some friends and we were going to start a comic podcast, mostly just for fun. It's going to be called Event Fatigue and we'll basically just be talking about event books, one per episode, in no order and not confined to any one company. The trick is that we all have different backgrounds as far as books go: I've read pretty much everything ever, one host is mostly up on modern stuff at a Marvel Unlimited pace, and the other is a lapsed fan.

I want the show to be interesting and funny, giving necessary background both in-continuity and behind-the-scenes, with recaps and sort of a book club feel. We're not popular and that's not really our goal, but I also was hoping to get some interactivity in it. We're starting with the 1985 Secret Wars, which is the obvious starting point, and I figured I'd ask my favorite comic forum for any questions you'd wanted answered about the book - keeping in mind my hosts various backgrounds. So anything from our thoughts on a particular moment or why something happened, which can be researched and answered, or whatever.

Basically I guess I'm asking for kind of like a letters column type of thing? This might just get shitposts in response, but I like talking comics with my non-comicy friends and I like talking comics with you guys, so this is where the two shall meet. If you have anything, you can reply here or PM me or something. Here is chubby Wolverine being scared and angry simultaneously as an offering:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Die Laughing posted:

And you have to do Secret Wars 2 and then Secret Wars 2015. Do it as a trilogy to maximize marketability. We all know that's what all the best events are about.

This is definitely in the works, though SW2015 is the reason we're doing this: basically I and the Unlimited reader would discuss Secret Wars at length and the others wouldn't have anything to say, so we're trying to give everyone equal footing.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

We recorded our podcast's first episode about Secret Wars last night. It was a lot of fun and listening back to it it's actually a lot better than I thought it'd be. We recorded for three hours, though. :byodood:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi! Back at the beginning of the month I talked about how I was starting a comic book podcast called "Event Fatigue" that would deal with summarizing and reviewing comic events with a humorous tone. This is the third podcast I'm involved in but the first about comics and I'm fairly happy with it - save for the length, which is about three times as much as I wanted it to be, so the first episode is a three-parter. Appropriate, really.

Some people said they might be interested so I'd love for you guys to give it a listen! If you like it, there's more to come! We have a website but I also made a Tumblr for the show so I can share panels as well with our episodes.

You can find the first episode here. I'd be interested to know what you guys think - love, hate, boredom, whatever!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ghostlight posted:

I quite enjoyed it - it was pretty easy to listen to the whole thing in one sitting. A good mix of people who think comics are dumb but one of them knows a lot about them and can educate the rest on just how dumb they can be.

You need to plan ahead though and turn off your Skype IM sound.

Thanks! This was my first time editing audio in awhile (our other podcasts are edited by Cody, one of the other hosts) and there seems to be just no good Skype recorder for Windows. I'm going to try having us all record separately next time around. Also, yeah, that's kinda the feel we were going for since that's what the conversations that spawned the podcast were all about.

Our next episode is getting recorded this week and it should be a lot shorter since decompressed storytelling is a thing. We're doing Civil War, because why shouldn't a podcast about comic book events have a movie tie-in episode? Do you guys have anything that you think needs to be discussed or questions about Civil War you think would make for good podcast fodder?

Also, if I'm shilling too much about my own podcast it's only because I'm excited and can gladly stop anytime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think you guys can make some hay out of the fact they hyped up how they 'had stories for years' about an unmasked Spider-Man, when they already had plans to undo it and the marriage in one fell swoop - I would not be surprised if the unmasking was editorially mandated to get Peter in a place to make that stupid deal. :arghfist::spidey:

And man, you guys were a bit too harsh on the Wasp, imo. Then again, you were working from Secret Wars.

Also when are you guys getting on iTunes? I am lazy and dislike making effort to find podcasts.

Actually, on a related note for the thread in general/mods: do you guys think a Comics Podcast thread would go here or in RGD?

I definitely wanna talk about the unmasking and how it was handled afterward (mostly badly). I know Quesada hated the marriage for awhile, but I don't think they had plans to undo it at the time of Civil War, did they?

I like the Wasp, but Secret Wars Wasp is baaaaaadddddd.

We're on Stitcher! iTunes should be approving us shortly. <3

• Locked thread