Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
We're desperate in Atlanta to expand MARTA, especially towards Gwinnett County where traffic inflow onto i-85N/S is intense, but Georgia has decided on Lexus style Toll lanes that are an absolute rip off (up to $12 dollars one way on a 15 mile stretch) and they are expanding these toll lanes to i-75N/S on both sides of Atlanta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Popular Thug Drink posted:

the suburban counties won't get poo poo until they pay for the splost. suburban voters are terrified of "criminals" from atlanta riding the trains up to rob their houses, which is why they consistently vote down attempts to join marta and instead implement their own halfassed horrible county transit systems

:smith: Quoted for Truth. Gwinnett County is filled with wealthy families afraid of the criminals. Which is hilarious because half these degenerate fucks open carry and wear t-shirts proclaiming as much while they go pick up milk at the Kroger. You figure they'd love MARTA to extend so they can slate their blood lust.

Which is sad and hilarious, because we could benefit immensely from a MARTA rail line. As it is, you have to drive down 316 and i-85N to Doraville station to get on the train.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
MARTA as it sits today:

MARTA as we hope it will be by 2040 (yeah, right....)

http://www.itsmarta.com/expansion-projects.aspx

List of current expansion plans. However, Nathan Deal and our loving Republican government is too busy planning further toll roads on I85N/S and I75N/S which has been a joke.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/30-mile-reversible-lane-i-75-what-could-go-wrong/nmxsr/

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 6, 2016

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

blowfish posted:

I'm just going to be a pampered European here and point out that only the second even approaches something that would be considered adequate for a major city.

Yes, its embarressing. And now our state is moving towards a Lexus style toll system for those who can afford it to avoid rush hour traffic. They are literally loving the poor transit wise.

Just as an example: Our current toll road is a floating cost, from $0.10 during non Rush Hour to up to $13.00 one way during rush hour, and rarely goes faster than rush hour traffic.

http://saportareport.com/managed-lanes-regions-future-freeway-system-being-devised-in-northwest-corridor/

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 6, 2016

• Locked thread