Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why the hell do most transit projects have to file environmental impact anythings anyways. 99% of them are going through urban areas where there is no environment to speak of other than grassy medians and some trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I am not a book posted:

off the top of my head? water tables could be a big one. Whoops just contaminated an aquifer!

Yeah good point there. I was thinking of light rails and bus routes and such, rather than subways. The water table here in Minneapolis basically makes subways impossible since the entire city is clustered right around the Mississippi :v:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorWhat posted:

Why aren't municipal and state bus services getting similar attention in this thread? Recently, for the first time with any regularity, I've begun utilizing NYC's Select Buses and New Jersey Transit and they both function remarkably better than I could have imagined as an avowed Subway User, though the former is of course infuriatingly traffic-dependent.

Of course, NYC having whole overpasses built specifically to prevent buses, and their undesirable patrons, from travelling under them are worth mentioning.

:staredog: Do you have a link for that last one? That's hosed up even by labor union standards.

• Locked thread