Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Also vouch for dubbleju.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I was just on Skaggs Springs road yesterday, you should do that loop. Golden Gate -> 1N to Stewart's Point, right on Skaggs Springs to Healdsburg then hop on the 101S to River Road/Highway 116, which hits 1 again, take 1S to the Panoramic Highway for variety, and then back to home.

Edit: Note that Skaggs Springs is every type of road in one road.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 5, 2016

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Oh I guess Z3n is in the East Bay and rides an S1000XR

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Infinotize posted:

Pop quiz hotshots...

If one were to transplant to the bay area, and one was an avid motorsickle-ist and wanted to have such things like a garage (or at least be able to rent one nearby), what is the best spot in the region for that? I know that will depend on a million factors but say just because it's a typical case it should not be totally ghetto or out in the sticks and would be commutable to SF by moto reasonably.

Bonus: do bay area vs southern california vs ...?

East Bay/North Bay, depending on what your job situation is. If you're north bay, you're really close to sonoma/thunderhill/nice north bay offroad, but your commute will probably be a bit balls. Eastbay is great if you need reasonably affordable housing, and as long as you're reasonably close to a freeway you'll be fine (24 is the best commute into the city freeway, IMO, but prices are higher around that freeway). SF is good if you're going moto only and work a job that pays enough for 3k a month rent + moto storage fees.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

dema posted:

Sonora Pass

You're gonna love this, I guarantee it. One of my best motorcycle memories is chasing daylight down the Sonora Pass during a 1 day bomb back from SLC on a fly and ride for a Speed Triple.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Glad you had a great trip :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I managed to slip between the traffic on a visit from Oaktown to Boulder Creek. Also strapped a massive 34 inch monitor to my passenger seat and chased down other riders on skyline on the way home. :v:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ya all is good. If anyone else wants to drop in, PM me for address. There's only room for one shitlord in my garage and that's me so please don't show up if you're incapable of rising above your nature. :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Cool, email sent :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

You can loop between 1 and 101 basically forever on beautiful roads through there. If she's interested in the scenic route, boy could I build a route for her.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Drop by my place tomorrow early afternoon if you wanna see supermotos and the 1290 smr. I'll be rebuilding the CBX. Pm or post contact info here for deets.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jazzzzz posted:

what German motards are on the market?

BMW X-Moto. There might be one in the crew up for sale soon.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

ought ten posted:

Just moved here and I'm about to be in the market. I would like to know more.

Did Motomind reach out to you? You can probably PM him.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

ilkhan posted:

So do we sign up through you or through DR? Looks interesting at least.

DR - I'm just a promoter here :)

PM me and I'll add you to the FB invite.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

A good choice!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

You should buy a speed triple instead.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

you should buy an FZ-10

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Glad you’re okay!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Trackday at THill June 25th, folks should come play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Come out to thunder hill on June 25th with us :) PM me for deets!