Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

Hammers posted:

Where's a good place in the south bay to get some new tires installed? Riding straight down the highway every day has taken it's toll :(

The shell station at 280 & Saratoga has a motorcycle tire machine and does it for like $10 or something. Check BARF for details. I used it for my TL1000S.

I'm in San Jose and the above TL, an R100GS, a Seca 650 (rat) and a Goldwing (even rattier). Though I commuted on the Goldwing to Pleasanton today, so I guess it's a functional rat?

I used to live 100 yards from Alice's (and grew up there earlier in life). 84 and 35 are just the best; no news there. I do miss the day of wearing out the shoulders of my tires before the center.

From San Jose; since I have a family, I'm forced to do short rides when I can.

Stuff I've done recently:
- Almaden -> Alamitos -> Hicks -> Camden is a lot of fun, short, and very steep.
- Almaden -> McKean -> Uvas -> Watsonville rd -> 152 -> Watsonville is a good longer run
- Monterey Rd-> east on Metcalfe -> various dead ends, then Silver Creek once you get bored. There's a jet/rocket testing range there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

Chichevache posted:

Is your Goldwing green? Does it have an aftermarket horn?

Nope, it's brown and lighter brown. Is there any other color for an '82 Aspencade? Someday I'll take all the crumbling fairings and bags off of it. It's the most plastic coated bike in the world.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001
I rode SJ <--> Pleasanton Monday and Tuesday, commuting. Jesus, it was hotter going 70 on 680 than it was standing still when I rode home around 6. I don't think I've ever ridden in 104 degree heat before. It was only for a few miles though; nice otherwise.