Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe

mad.radhu posted:

GP sports in San Jose off Camden will have a 2017 FZ-09 demo bike from Yamaha in on Wednesday for test rides apparently.

Also I took my FZ-07 out and cleaned it up a bit to take pictures for a for-sale ad, but it's so pretty I almost don't want to go forward with that. :negative:

What is making you want to change? Here is a shot of my FZ1 (old exhaust)! I have been thinking about going to an FZ-07 because I think the FZ1 is overkill for commuting from Oakland over the bridge everyday.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe
Anyone heading out to the MotoAmerica race this weekend? I will be riding out there on Saturday and possibly staying until Sunday. I also rented a garage out in Oakland not sure if there are any Vintage Vespa or 2 Stroke people left on here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe

clutchpuck posted:

I'm coming down for Dockercon (NERD ALERT) in June. The plan is on a motorcycle. I like to park it and walk the town, so I'm interested in secure multi-day parking for the Futura or R or Ulysses or whatever I decide to ride down (pls be Futura). Anybody have any go-to motorcycle parking secrets they'd share with me that I won't need to worry a lot about while I'm there? It doesn't need to be IN the city, I can Bart across the bay or up from SFO area or whatever.

If you wanted to you could rent space and stash it at Motoguild if you aren't going to use it while you are here, you can take a bus from Treasure Island back to the City. I am sure there are some other good options from people that live in the city.

Edit: PM me if you want, I will have space in my garage you are welcome to stash it there to. Its in Oakland and about a 20 min walk to Lake Merrit Bart.

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe

mad.radhu posted:

Signed up for the Sonoma track day on 5/21, join me cowards

How are you getting up there do you have transport? I am a little worried about taking my daily commuter out there but it is an FZ1 so it should go to the track. I really want to do a track day this summer but I was thinking about renting a bike from Feel Like a Pro or some other service.

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe
I went camping and crabbing out at Lawsons Landing/Dillon beach with my FZ1. Only the third time I have used my Ventura rack setup and it worked out great. I thought the bullshit crab net I could fit easily on my bike wouldn't work but I pulled up 6 dungeness crabs on Thursday morning in the first three hours of the day. I would recommend it if you are looking for something like that.

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EWJK13Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe

pokie posted:

How does that work exactly? Do you have to wade into the water or what?

Nope there is a dock at the camp site so you just toss it over the edge and drop it down in the water with some squid, go back and check put it up and check it in 20-30min or so. People that are setup have small boats they go out and drop traps with but as long as you get up before 9am you can get a spot on the Lawsons landing dock no problem. And with a normal fishing license you can pull up 10 dungeness in a day.

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe

pokie posted:

That's pretty cool. Where did you get the squid? How long does it take to get a license?

Most people recommend raw chicken from the grocery store which is even easier. There are a ton of bait shops around the bay area but the boathouse/general store at the end of the dock located at the campsite sells bait as well. I have been going for about 5 years once a year doing this and this year I found out you can purchase a license online ezpz. I just picked up a two day this year but only ended up crabbing one.

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Licensing/Online-Sales

Edit: Here is a link to the campsite, you can book a site online as well. If you plan on crabbing trying to get one close to the dock would be best its a fairly large camping area.

http://www.lawsonslanding.com/

bobbert fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 22, 2018

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe

pokie posted:

Is there a particular reason to camp? I was thinking of just showing up early one day.

Also, thanks for all the references!

Nope I think you can buy a day pass at the gate but double check. It would actually work well, you could just wrap all the crabs in a damp towel and take them home in a paper bag or whatever at the end of the day. Just make sure to cook them the same day you pull them out of the water. You can freeze them overnight after that in a ziplock, just keep the moisture away from the meat. We kept ours in a cooler with sea water if you could somehow get a small cooler out there that would be ideal. They dont need much space depending on how many you haul up.

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe

pokie posted:

Here's our crabbo. We got one on our first try.

OH man you made it that's awesome! Did you have fun? That looks like a pretty fat dunge in the cooler there. I am glad that net worked out too it was great for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe
A smaller bike would be better anyways, I commute on my FZ1 daily and once I am in the city I just want a Duke 690.