Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I will motherfucking vouch for the grizzly peak

What an amazing goddamed road.

ElMaligno is assumed to live on the San Leandro on the east bay and rides a lawnmower a BMW F700GS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

clutchpuck posted:

Do you Drake's? Now I want a Denoginizer.

I don't but I could to meet you weirdoes

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Infinotize posted:

Pop quiz hotshots...

If one were to transplant to the bay area, and one was an avid motorsickle-ist and wanted to have such things like a garage (or at least be able to rent one nearby), what is the best spot in the region for that? I know that will depend on a million factors but say just because it's a typical case it should not be totally ghetto or out in the sticks and would be commutable to SF by moto reasonably.

Bonus: do bay area vs southern california vs ...?

East Bay

North Cali VS Bay Vs SOCAL. I kinda see the bay as the belly button of california.

Edit: Im planing a trip to Yosemiti later this summer, should I motorcycle camp or be a chump and stay at hotels????

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Sagebrush posted:

Definitely camp! All the time! Not only is it way more badass, but even in high season it's like $5-10 a night for a groomed campsite with potable water and an outhouse somewhere, or $20 for a place with showers and electricity and toilets and a general store. But if you want to stay in Yosemite, you need to register your campsite now -- if any are even still available. They fill up almost as soon as the registration opens. Luckily there are a bunch of state and national campsites not far from either entrance to the park, and the park pass is good for 7 days after you buy it, so you can spend a couple of days there if you like. I use recreation.gov for most camp sites...I think Yosemite has its own system.

The only things stopping me are that I don't have any camping gear or experience. But those are easy to solve.

The main thing is that my current helmet gives me about an hour of driving time before it gets kinda uncomfortable. Two and it gets really loving baaad. :(

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Thanks guys, I have been looking at lists and it seems buying the camping essentials wont be as expensive as I thought. Getting the peripherals might make it more expensive. My GIVI topcase should arrive next week and instead of going for broke, I think I may go try my camping feet at Mt. Diablo.

Also since I have lost a lot of weight and my formerly nice fitting leather jacket/pants now fit like garbage I am in the market for a new jacket and pants. I may as well go ham and get an ADV 4 season jacket just to complete the look. :negative:
I might cheapen out and get some Fly Street poo poo, it should complement the Shoei helmet nicely.

Chichevache posted:

If you can go an hour without needing to get gas then you're riding wrong. :unsmigghh:

My ZRX gets #DIV/0! MPG, my F700GS has been getting 50 MPG pretty consistently and I drive at 80-90 MPH on the 580.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

clutchpuck posted:

You can get some used gray beard ball sweat gear to save some bucks. Aerostich gear holds together well.

A quick search has revealed nothing on my size. On the flipside I found a nice AGV Sport 4 Season jacket for sale over at revzilla. The catch?

I kinda want it, but at the same time there is another jacket I want that is hi-vis red and would totes look better with my bike. Im a 32 year old man ugh :negative:

NeuralSpark posted:

Trip report!

Kinda took a similar route when I bought the bike, I want from Santa Rosa to Sebastapool to the Coast and then down the CA-1 and back home. it was a cool ride.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Well I got the hi-vis jacket #YOSO

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Motorcycle camping update: Got a top case for the bike and the camping gear. Planning on camping on lake Chabot and Henry Cove park.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I can show your around all the local srarbucks.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Chichevache posted:

What kind of Italian bikes do you rideown?

sorry but the make of my bike was an actual participant of wwii and not an honorary one.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Just came back from Mt Diablo, took a lot of pictures. So here are the 4 you guys are interested in.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hammers posted:

I was taken down by a girl in a Saturn on Wednesday. The damage to the bike is mostly cosmetic aside from the shifter pedal/bracket breaking off and a broken toe. Waiting for insurance to sort the whole thing out now. It happened on 101S directly under the San Thomas / Montague Expwy overpass ~1645 .

That's real loving lovely, but at least you aint dead.

Also its summer and that means new people are reporting to base. One of them has a Green ZRX. Dunno what year but its so pretty.....

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Someday I will be cool enough to take my BMW to learn how to wrench beyond the basics and not pay the extraordinary fees* at BMW dealerships. Still my bike is gonna need new front tire, chain and rear sprocket soonish.

*(It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

imma be at the SF comic con nerding the gently caress out and studying. im taking the bart though.....

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

5 seconds in paint

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

cursedshitbox posted:

Welcome! Get a supermoto and join uusssssss

Clearly the superior answer is superior German engineering.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Jazzzzz posted:

what German motards are on the market?

the F700GS is a v good choice.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Coydog posted:

Is that even a motard? Looks like an adv/tourer.

its a Motorrad yes

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I'm buying the bike new tires, chains abdominal sprockets. :30bux:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Too bad I was working that Sunday :( :( :(
in other news I loving love my street tires on my beemer, I had dual-sport tires before and I didn't like the ride.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Anyone have any MSR classes around Oakland they'd recommend?

Closest thing to MSR in california is the CMSP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

pokie posted:

I went on Bear Creek Road from Boulder Creek today. Excellent road except for this part

Same road conditions on my ride to big basin... On my car... Because I lost my Motorcycle endorsement... Because I failed the written test...

I miss my bike :cry: