Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salmiakki

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Wow. You guys are making me feel good. In real life nobody cares about my art and I literally can't give it away.

Robot Made of Meat posted:

This I find impossible to believe. You're amazing, GSJG. As is your muse.

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

This one is a bit NSFW, but I think it turned out ok. http://i.imgur.com/dXAIgTM.jpg

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
:eyepop:
:five:

Macnult

This one is a bit NSFW, but I think it turned out ok. http://i.imgur.com/dXAIgTM.jpg

it definitely turned out more than just ok

FluffieDuckie

John glen you've been putting out some amazing things lately

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Android Blues

Wow. You guys are making me feel good. In real life nobody cares about my art and I literally can't give it away.

your art is really spectacular and i bet there is some kind of astronaut loving painting mogul out there just waiting in the wings to realise this self evident truth and pay you hundreds of money

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Android Blues posted:

your art is really spectacular and i bet there is some kind of astronaut loving painting mogul out there just waiting in the wings to realise this self evident truth and pay you hundreds of money

the first part is true but lol at the concept of (nearly) anyone getting paid more than starvation wages to do art anymore

Android Blues

yeah thats kinda true, sorry john glen

Android Blues

real flip flop from me there

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

no worries. I've made peace with my inevitable death from cold and/or starvation.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

no worries. I've made peace with my inevitable death from cold and/or starvation.

:yeah:

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

They are dumb idiots. You are awesome.

<3 <3 Vanisher

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Ok, so I need some help.

I'm doing some character design work, and I'm having trouble deciding on a good look for this character. She's a sad girl who stabs ghosts with a magic sword.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i like 4a and 5a

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
I like 4b

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

4b too

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
6a, 4b or if pirate: 3b (really like 3b tbh, kinda Ayra Starkish).

<3 <3 Vanisher

Robot Made of Meat

5a looks like she'd be sad. 6b looks like she'd stab ghosts with magic swords.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

FluffieDuckie

i like 3a because she can still look feminine without all those long skirts getting in the way of the stabbing

Android Blues

i like 4a, 4b, and 5b. 5b's suit jacket makes her look more sort of like a slick huckster than sad though, but i'm so charmed by the combo of slick jacket + puffy pantaloons

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

I'm doing some character design work, and I'm having trouble deciding on a good look for this character. She's a sad girl who stabs ghosts with a magic sword.

4a and 5b are the best for that

4a fits the sad girl thing

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Even though nobody picked it, I went with 6b, because I'm a poo poo.

:(

Professor Shark

Not sure if this counts as art or not, but this is what I did earlier this week:

After finding out about Best Made Axe Co axes I thought to myself "Hey, I think I could do that..." and did my own. I'm going to trade this one for a half bottle of single malt a buddy of mine has and doesn't really like. I have a bottle of purple stain and a set of metal letter stamps in the mail, I'm going to use gold leaf to fill the indents and give them names based on historic British ships-of-the-line because I'm a big nerd.

FluffieDuckie

i need more information here. is this an axe handle? did you carve it yourself? is there a pointy part coming?

so many questions

Professor Shark

0) It is an axe handle.

1) I did not carve this myself, I just painted it. Apparently carving them isn't nearly as hard as I would have thought, so that may come later. In the meantime eBay seems to be a good source for vintage, American made heads.

2) Yeah I need to buy a head for it before I give it to my buddy. It won't be a vintage one.

FluffieDuckie

it's cool. let us see it when it's done

Professor Shark

Sounds good. I'm going to make another one tomorrow: black stain, white stripe. Nothing special, I want to practice before I use the purple stuff though, I have a massive hsndle for that one and I think it'll look great!

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

all 8x10 dollar store acrylic

ask me about getting really high

Professor Shark

I like the skull, though I know I should like Pizza Weed

Salmiakki

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Danyull

hey byob if you're chill with punk music check this out

https://soundcloud.com/dannyshoes/regular-garbage/s-Pipqk

i just started recording so it's not mixed at all but :shrek:

Android Blues

this is a special dog i drew

Jedrick posted:

all 8x10 dollar store acrylic

these are rrreally good

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

The Legendary Weetza

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Here is the finished character portrait with the three different armor levels.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

very cool

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Lookin Good

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

doing quick sketches because I don't know what to draw.

Professor Shark

Completed axe:

The guide I read playfully suggested giving axes names, I took it too far by picking up a set of letter stamps. I used black acrylic paint, it turned out pretty terribly for the blue axe but better for the purple:

These are names taken from old British ships-of-the-line, which I think are all pretty awesome and fitting. I used a random name chooser and go with the first result or two, depending on the "fit"

FluffieDuckie

"boy i need to cut that there tree down. go fetch augusta"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

works for me

• Locked thread