Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

:ninja:

oh thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

schmarson posted:

Woo new month!

EDIT: OMG I thought this was real! Darn it! Oh well.

a great frog!

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

here's the stuff I'm working on:

gotta do 100 or so images of roughly this type by the end of the month so i'm stressed and kind of regretting all my life choices that led me to this point

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Luvcow posted:

that would make an awesome coloring book

thanks! they're for a choose your own adventure book

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

you know I love that weird space alien poo poo, Saint Boner. You know that's my jam.

I know, that's the whole reason I started on this enterprise

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

:grin:

more space junk (this took ages even if it doesn't look like it should have)

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 4, 2016

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

zidane13 posted:

everything you do is rad as gently caress dude.

thanks man

good to see more of your writing, it still owns

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

ChairmanMeow posted:

did this get funded?

nah, just means I have to do 100 illustrations instead of 80 but the thing's still gonna get done.

the guy I was gonna hire is really good though so it's a shame.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

DeepQantas posted:

Would you mind if I took a stab at an image or two just for fun, Isaias? No expectations, but hit me up with a description and any size/technical requirements and I'll try to draw it... see if it's any good.

If you want to have a go there are a few things I could use. Interstitial graphics are always handy - I could use a 11cm by 2-5 cm (just over 4 in by 1-2 in) drawing of cool space junk on a space background. If you're in the mood for something larger and more detailed I could use a 4*4in drawing of a busted up star ship (the ones in this book are about a mile long). Otherwise there are about 50 item cards needing 2" * 2" graphics, including such exciting objects as futuristic fire extinguisher, several varieties of Alien Currency (can be literally anything), lascalpel and a stellar tracking bug. Whatever you like really.

E: they gotta be 300dpi or they won't print up properly too

I'm not in a position to pay anything right now and I doubt this book is going to make any money but if I use anything you make I'll be sure to credit you and give you something worthless like an av cert or paypal some beer money or the like.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Apr 5, 2016

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

ChairmanMeow posted:

i'm sorry, this is really worthwhile

I think it will probably turn out OK but its real use was in teaching me how to do one of these books at all. When I take a swing at Sword of the Bastard Elf or whatever later this year it will be a serious attempt at making something great. Going into this I'd never written anything longer than a term paper on my own, never designed a game, couldn't use inDesign, didn't know how printing worked, couldn't make videos, set up webpages, advertise...heaps of stuff. I made lots of mistakes that cost me probably a couple hundred hours of work over all but which will never happen again. A net gain I think.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Hogge Wild posted:

SIB, put your Patreon in your profile, or at the top of your homepage, it was really hard to find.

well it's like this: i don't make any money off patreon or particularly trust it so I don't want to make everyone think I'm begging for cash when I'm really just using it as a mailing list which sometimes dispenses a picture or a book. If someone asks me about it I tell 'em where it is and if someone searches for it they might find it but it's kind of embarrassing.

this sort of approach is probably part of why my kickstarter failed but at least I still have my pride goddamnit.

MrWillsauce posted:

I'll buy your book even though you're a big jerk who probed me, Saint Boner. Void Racers is awesome.

thanks dawg I wish I could take that probation back now or at least the series of lies which led up to it

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

last entry for a while because i don't want to be the only dude posting pictures:

I know this stuff's kinda ropey but I have to work fast. Plus it suits the writing style of the book, which is kinda ropey.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

haha that's cool

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

lmbo calrissian posted:

....gently caress art

I used to think I was good

fuckers

always someone better, always someone worse. don't worry about it.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i don't think i even once said your art was cool and good in the last thread but I definitely thought it many times.

I've been drawing a few pages per day, here are a couple more:

they work better small because that's how they'll look, the stupid resolution is just so they can be printed one day if that happens.

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

oh man I can't wait until that stuff is colored in

some time next year probably, they're going into the book blank (you can color them in yourself if you like!)

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

you're insanely cool

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

I seem to wind up drawing a lot of domestic animals in space suits.

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

DeepQantas posted:

Wow, that's like pictures, but with words!

another practice piece, this time with a Wacom and not a mouse:

...you've been drawing with a mouse up until now?

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

not art but surprisingly difficult anyway. I hope it works (it might not)

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Celluloid Sam posted:

Man that's good stuff

thanks, i just wish they'd allow apngs on this site, it's a hassle to get gifs to do what you want

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

I love your stuff but for whatever reason the pictures don't show up in your posts, I gotta quote them to get the urls. it's still worth it so I always do it anyway.

Did you paint those at the beachside or is it from imagination?

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

ExtraQuiet posted:

i adjusted some settings maybe it will be better but I'm not sure.?

edit: also taking suggestions!

gonna let that dry and do this...

ok reds now time for blue.

very cool!

who's that little dude in the box?

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

this little dude

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

yep that looks awesome and lots of fun

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

SniperWoreConverse posted:

woah, ant man and anteater man -- friends & allies!?

yeah they're united against a common enemy at last!

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i like the robber knight

here's a completely normal and perfectly safe barrel:

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

no one ever falls for the "you see a perfectly normal, completely safe barrel standing in the middle of the room. something is rattling around inside" routine

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

not going to be getting sick of those mice any time soon, luvcow. they are very good

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Android Blues posted:

i think my arts been coming along lately :)

it's good, i like the juxtaposition of the skeleton bits with the live bits and the combination of normal, dry and void horror skin

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

HighwireAct posted:

also question for the artists in this thread: is it generally better to use this grip for drawing with broad, gestural strokes, even in pen?

i like to hold my pencil like a brush on the very rare occasions that i draw on a piece of paper instead of being hunched over a tablet. It lets me draw using my arm instead of my wrist which lets me make longer, cleaner strokes. when working in pen I hold the pen like I would to write.

I don't think there's a "right" way to do it

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

I made an insanely stupid "video game" last night. It took about 24 hours from thinking of doing it to finishing it so that's why it looks the way it does. Well, here ya go if you're interested:

The Curse of the Cursed Mummy, a Visual Novel. (for PC only)

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Mulli posted:

actually this owns

thanks

Barking Gecko posted:

Interesting choice of background music.

Snakes.
Why did it have to be snakes?

It was the first half-way appropriate public domain music I could find. snakes are always appropriate

Scathach posted:

Glad y'all like da bear. Bear done.

Been having fun not doing super complex art stuff.

its good

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Android Blues posted:

your art is really spectacular and i bet there is some kind of astronaut loving painting mogul out there just waiting in the wings to realise this self evident truth and pay you hundreds of money

the first part is true but lol at the concept of (nearly) anyone getting paid more than starvation wages to do art anymore

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

no worries. I've made peace with my inevitable death from cold and/or starvation.

:yeah:

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

4b too

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Professor Shark posted:

Completed axe:

The guide I read playfully suggested giving axes names, I took it too far by picking up a set of letter stamps. I used black acrylic paint, it turned out pretty terribly for the blue axe but better for the purple:

These are names taken from old British ships-of-the-line, which I think are all pretty awesome and fitting. I used a random name chooser and go with the first result or two, depending on the "fit"

i like to put names on my wooden things with a cheap soldering iron

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

here are a few quick sketches i've been drawing for folks on the theme of dogs and cats

spidog

suspicious dog

garbage cat

chaos cat

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

still due a coloring but it's the best thing i've drawn i think

hi how are you ♥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner