Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Working on my final project for my drawing class

e: forgot to make them timg

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 15, 2016

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal

Luvcow posted:

thats really cool looking
Thanks!
Thanks, I guess

zidane13 posted:

oh man that's cool
Thanks!

Due to the technical constraints of figures that intersect the right way to make popups, I couldn't find a lot of good reference images online. So a lot of the anatomy came from my own imagination. Drawing from imagination is not the best way to learn to draw, so when I finish that project, I will probably work on other stuff.

blaise rascal

It's done

blaise rascal

Aw, thanks, Internet hugbox!

I'm glad it turned out okay, because there were a ton of opportunities for me to ruin it. There's not a lot of things more permanent than cutting up a drawing with scissors.

If I were to try something similar to this in the future, I would draw clothed figures. Maybe people dancing or something.

Awesome as usual.

DeepQantas posted:

another practice piece, this time with a Wacom and not a mouse:

Looks really good! What, in your opinion, are the differences between drawing with a Wacom and drawing with real life media?

blaise rascal

Flavius Belisarius posted:

this is from a while back, but my friends made a bet that whoever's team lost a certain game, that person would have to have their portrait painted by me in the opposing team's jersey

You should submit this one to an art magazine or something. It's so great and I really love the story behind it.

blaise rascal

twoday posted:

I made this sculpture out of H0 Scale railroad guys. It is called "Bavarian Interrogation" and it is about 1 inch wide.

You should listen to this song while looking at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prnED-wFQyA

I mean, ideally you should have the thing in your hand and bring it up to your face while you look at it and listen to the music, for the full effect.
OMG

I laughed harder at this than at anything I've seen in a while

blaise rascal

That's sweet. What is your stream?

blaise rascal

GSJG are you ever going to sell an art book?

blaise rascal

the bsd boys posted:

had a blank tanktop, now it's got stuff on it

whoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

probably not. I'm not a very popular artist
well, if you change your mind, I think you could make it work

here, for instance, is a current art book kickstarter by a not-super-well-known artist, and it seems to be working pretty well

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gawki/overgrowth-artbook-of-digital-works-by-gawki

not saying it will make you super rich but it may be a cool way for other people to appreciate your art! I think your style may be well suited for kickstarter in particular

also, you may consider contacting clarkesworld magazine. they pay artists for a piece of science fiction cover art every month.

https://www.clarkesworldmagazine.com

• Locked thread