Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Just won 99 games in Clemens with this. Best offense in the league by a mile, too!

I'm going to be swept in the first round of the playoffs, because my pitching is an unbelievable disaster. I don't care, because dingers!

Half of these guys are hitting arb next year, so things are about to get interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Things were going well.

Then, draft day happened and 3-16 followed.

Things are not going as well anymore.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Ballpark effects are fun. Tacoma's ex Colorado hitters are now in the bottom half of the league in OPS, but their pitching staff has performed better than Cleveland's.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Everyone should trade me some offensive talent to lower the chances of Charlotte or Santa Fe making the playoffs again. ;)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Just made it to the world series for the 2nd time in 3 seasons in Clemens. I've got the best offense in the world by leaps and bounds, but my pitching is dogshit. Jefferson is going to wipe the floor with me, like AV did before.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

$60k int'l getting the bump to star hitter projections bless up

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Well I led on Adalberto Diaz for four full real days without a peep so now I am going to hate whoever decided to jump into this

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

It's not me, I already have two better catchers in my system.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

In case anyone wants a good laugh, I was up 3 games to 2 against Jefferson in the Clemens world series, and my league best offense decided to quit hitting, and we proceeded to drive in 1 run over the next two games. We totally blew it and i've now lost 2 of the last 3 world series in Clemens to Dimaggio goons :v:

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
I feel like I've been trying to trade for Olmedo Quentin for ten seasons

(because I have)

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
My offense has picked a great time to turn to poo poo.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Anyone interested in joining Clemens? We need 7 people!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Beltre just threw a no hitter against Santa Fe!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Toby Cox is back, and it looks like he barely recovered :cry:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
Not the most impressive offensive outing there, saintonan

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
HBD is stupid. Who wants to buy my credits?

Can I transfer seasons I already bought?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
With posts like that it must be playoff time!

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Scrotos posted:

HBD is stupid. Who wants to buy my credits?

Can I transfer seasons I already bought?

thanks for buying my credits, the vinyl records I bought on Amazon bring me much more joy than this game does

also I just checked tonight and apparently I'm 3 games into the playoffs and about to lose to Art, so that's something?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

thanks for buying my credits, the vinyl records I bought on Amazon bring me much more joy than this game does

also I just checked tonight and apparently I'm 3 games into the playoffs and about to lose to Art, so that's something?

I'm kind of a king at losing playoff series i should win, so believe me, this one is yours.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

AlleyViper posted:

Not the most impressive offensive outing there, saintonan

Yeah losing two 1-0 games is all kinds of fun. S36 doesn't look a whole lot better on the offense front.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

New scouting stuff

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=494455&TopicsTimeframe=30

What a loving joke. Instead of making prospect growth be less deterministic we are just going to break scouting. No have scouting show true potential if you fully fund but then allow for miss treatment and bad coaching or injuries cause people to get off the optimal growth curve. How is this so loving hard for them to understand?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

I'm kind of a king at losing playoff series i should win, so believe me, this one is yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFL-0_XBflc

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This is definitely my last Dimaggio season. I'm in Clemens for the long haul now. I can't wait to lose the world series every season.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Ugh I haven't made many trades recently and my memory sucks. I'm negotiating to trade for two players who are currently in AAA but on the other guy's 40-man and are out of options. If I trade for them and put them on my own 40-man, can I directly assign them to my AAA team or do they have to clear waivers?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

saintonan posted:

Ugh I haven't made many trades recently and my memory sucks. I'm negotiating to trade for two players who are currently in AAA but on the other guy's 40-man and are out of options. If I trade for them and put them on my own 40-man, can I directly assign them to my AAA team or do they have to clear waivers?

If they are out of options they have to clear waivers.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

That's what I thought. Thanks.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Guys I just wanna say something real quick.

The outlook for next season is not great. Lots of you are either wavering or over the fence as to whether to stay, and we're staring down a second-straight long rollover. That kinda sucks, but it gives me a chance to be grateful.

We started doing this four years ago. It was an awesome thing to talk about and enjoy with a relatively consistent group of people. That it lasted this long - if this does end up being all but over - is a huge triumph.

We've butted heads and celebrated and made fake players feel real. I'm very happy to have had this to share with all of you, even those of you whose guts I actually hate.

This has been fantastic. I want it to keep going, but I also don't want to miss the chance to express my gratitude to those who both still play/read these threads and those who might never see it.

Thanks, everyone.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Agreed. I've been playing for a long time and i'm pretty sure each every one of you hate me. But i'm still happy to have played with so many of you since season 5.

I'd probably actually be back next season if I wasn't going out of the country next Saturday. Maybe if you haven't filled when I come back in about 2 weeks, i'll come back.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ThatsMyBoye posted:

The outlook for next season is not great. Lots of you are either wavering or over the fence as to whether to stay, and we're staring down a second-straight long rollover. That kinda sucks, but it gives me a chance to be grateful.

We started doing this four years ago. It was an awesome thing to talk about and enjoy with a relatively consistent group of people. That it lasted this long - if this does end up being all but over - is a huge triumph.

We've butted heads and celebrated and made fake players feel real. I'm very happy to have had this to share with all of you, even those of you whose guts I actually hate.

This has been fantastic. I want it to keep going, but I also don't want to miss the chance to express my gratitude to those who both still play/read these threads and those who might never see it.

Thanks, everyone.

Well said.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Thanks, everyone.

I'm kinda tempted to drop out - it's been a great ride, but I've just kinda lost the passion for it (and my last few seasons show that) but 100x this, you guys are awesome and HBD has been one hell of a trip.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

Maybe if you haven't filled when I come back in about 2 weeks, i'll come back.

even in it's dying days, Art manages to find a way to say something hilariously dumb. Pretty good way to go out.

I re-upped before the WS was over because I still have 4 seasons credited, and I'll let it sit there until we fill, whenever that is. Unless everyone mutually decides to just quit and blow the drat thing up (which I would also be down for, gently caress YOU OLIVES LET YOUR REIGN OF TERROR END IN A MASS REVOLT).

But yeah, mostly I will keep it bookmarked and keep my team reserved and we'll see if we can beat For Life's record (I bet it still hasn't filled or merged, lol).

Also, only 2 pages for the entire season in this year's thread. THAT is the sign that it's really dying.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
if it dies I'm the champion forever

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

jeffersonlives posted:

if it dies I'm the champion forever

Not like DIS.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Even if it dies, at least it'll die with the drat M finally being capitalized in DiMaggio

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Should I still re up? I don't have any seasons left but I'm open to doing it still as long as some of us return

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

duyarvish posted:

Should I still re up? I don't have any seasons left but I'm open to doing it still as long as some of us return

I am staying, so is Jeff, av and a lot of others.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So I just missed Dimaggio? I actually kinda wanted to come back :(

Don't ruin Terrence Weinhardt, new owner

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Did Lewis Stammen retire? Please tell me Lewis Stammen retired with me.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

Power of Pecota posted:

Did Lewis Stammen retire? Please tell me Lewis Stammen retired with me.

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerStats.aspx?pid=4255743

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Took a peek at my old team and Gene Stoops is not only still in AA where I left him, but he's not even on the 40 man so he's going to get scooped up. He was supposed to be the #1 part of the 1-2 reliever punch of the future with Bud Wise.

• Locked thread