Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Godspeed, Mr. Saberhagen :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

Devo posted:

Took a peek at my old team and Gene Stoops is not only still in AA where I left him, but he's not even on the 40 man so he's going to get scooped up. He was supposed to be the #1 part of the 1-2 reliever punch of the future with Bud Wise.

1st pick of the Rule V draft

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

AlleyViper posted:

1st pick of the Rule V draft

No poo poo he rules

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
My offense is the drizzling shits. Time to blow the team up yet?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I interrupt this very dead thread to show you the 116-46 Indianapolis Ignobles. Best record in the entire world.

This team rules. Let's see if I can actually win a World Series this time.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I dont know when the season ends but if theres a chance i can get my team back for the next one someone message me here or on twitter.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

We'll probably roll the first week in October.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

duyarvish posted:

I dont know when the season ends but if theres a chance i can get my team back for the next one someone message me here or on twitter.

We just rolled if you want to ping TMB for the password.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Andrew Jones, for anyone who reads this

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Seriously considering coming back and taking over one of the badly run teams. See how long it takes me to make a winner like my Clemens team.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm not letting Dimaggio die without a fight. The Zydeco Zombies have joined the national league. This will be my first time ever doing national league in HBD!

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
hi if one of you fine folks would buy a prospect or two or David Murata or something from me for a million or two I miscalculated minor league payroll and need to fix that

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So it looks like I may as well have the #1 pick in the draft, as the guy who has the #1 doesn't see Leo Egan part 2 or a really drat good pitcher. This is going to be tough, but this hitter is so awesome I may not really have a choice.

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 6, 2016

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Marvin Lyon 2.0

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Just ended the regular season in Clemens with a 108-54 record, good for the best record in the AL. Probably going to get booted out in the first round of the playoff, as per tradition.

Antonio Monroe is probably going to win MVP. Dude has shattered a bunch of franchise records set in the first few seasons of HBD Clemens when offense was ridiculous.

This pitching ended up the best in the AL somehow. Lou Ingram has a good shot at the Cy Young, and he better get it, since this is definitely his last usable year as a starting pitcher at 38 years old.

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 13, 2016

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Looks like the old WIS general discussion thread has been archived, so i'll just post this here. Someone on the forums has just posted a new Two Man Band simleague. Anyone interested? Obviously I picked Billy Hamilton. Let's see if I can make the world series with him like I did last time I used him.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

ArtVandelay posted:

Looks like the old WIS general discussion thread has been archived, so i'll just post this here. Someone on the forums has just posted a new Two Man Band simleague. Anyone interested? Obviously I picked Billy Hamilton. Let's see if I can make the world series with him like I did last time I used him.

I might be interested, link?

e: ah crap it looks like I found it and it's full.

kensei fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

78 games into the season and Slidin Blilly is stealing lots of bases and allowing a league leading amount of passed balls. 1897 Billy with 330 of them so far, 65 more than the #2 guy. This is fun.

[img] http://imgur.com/a/zNFe1[/img]

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 24, 2017

• Locked thread