Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

The way HBD implements the Rule 5 draft is completely retarded and should be eliminated. That said if you've done this more than twice you should know to protect your prospects on the day you can edit rosters. Having said that, Parker is the perfect guy to leave unprotected since some schmuck will take him just based on overall rating and I want him to pitch Parker against me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

I did Howard, Martin, Mendoza, Sellers and Garces. I think if I'd randomly clicked on 5 names I'd have hit at least 3 or 4 worthy candidates.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

AlleyViper posted:

Martin over...well, a bunch of guys, with so short a career?

He did 12 ML years, got two AS and a MVP, career 310/379/570 slash line. Like I said, there's a ton of qualified guys on that list.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Norberto Ayala is the 697th best hitter in the league and he's getting paid 5.3 million this year and next year. You won't get a passable rookie league starter for him.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

It's a real shame HBD doesn't allow anything other than 1 for 1 trades then huh.

Ayala has negative value. Offer something with positive value and you might have more interest.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

I wish spring training was one day longer so I can get my pitchers three more games of innings. We can cut out the idle day between when camp breaks and the regular season begins.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Julius Guilmet jumped 3 points in control and vsR and he's not even a DITR.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Leandro Arias is doing ok in AA:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Ballpark effects are fun. Tacoma's ex Colorado hitters are now in the bottom half of the league in OPS, but their pitching staff has performed better than Cleveland's.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

It's not me, I already have two better catchers in my system.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

AlleyViper posted:

Not the most impressive offensive outing there, saintonan

Yeah losing two 1-0 games is all kinds of fun. S36 doesn't look a whole lot better on the offense front.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Ugh I haven't made many trades recently and my memory sucks. I'm negotiating to trade for two players who are currently in AAA but on the other guy's 40-man and are out of options. If I trade for them and put them on my own 40-man, can I directly assign them to my AAA team or do they have to clear waivers?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

That's what I thought. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

We'll probably roll the first week in October.

• Locked thread