Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I don't normally post here, but doing so may encourage me to put out product again!

I just put together a new travel sketch set. Was going to buy watercolors and would have had a source for gradients, but got distracted by a set of oil pastels I haven't been brave enough to use. So tomorrow I'm buying some gray Copic Markers if I get a chance. In the meantime, coffee shop sketches:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I was frustrated with the hands in the picture I did yesterday, so I did a study today. I bought some gray Copic, markers but no chance to use them yet.

MOD EDIT: please try to keep it under ~1500 wide or use thumbs so you don't break tables

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Apr 18, 2016

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

sigma 6 posted:

I should draw more underlying anatomy but with live drawing there isn't enough time IMO. So I draw an action line / spine shape first and then draw quick perpendicular lines representing the hips and shoulders at the correct angle. From there I will typically draw the shape of the head next. You can kind of see what I mean in the lower left image here.

I don't remember if SA likes Loomis or not (please ignore the blatant racism), but I highly recommend the Mannikin frame from his figure drawing book at the listed link. If you're looking for means that is.

• Locked thread