Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Okay I swear I'm doing art for this thread, but I have to ask

:catstare: what the gently caress is going on here
It's a ravine trapdoor spider. They live to serve as stamps for more sophisticated creatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BTW Humboldt Squid... Why'd you misspell arachnophobia?? :crossarms:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Old italian guy (study I made from a picture I took of a roman statue at the museum)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Another statue head study (didn't try to color this one)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

sigma 6 posted:

Here is some life drawing from the other day. Never seems enough.
If you can, I'd also try to find some long-pose (4-8 hr.) life drawing sessions. I find that they're extremely helpful but woefully underrated.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

sigma 6 posted:

Yeah - trying to find that in the small town where I currently live is going to be tough. L.A. definitely had a few, however they were more expensive than the usual drawing sessions.

Here is another stab at that flyer. Still not sure if I like it.

Looks pretty cool to me. Maybe clean it up a bit on her lower torso—there's too many lines around crotch level of her body and it's flattening the image out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

sigma 6 posted:

Hmmm - not entirely sure what you mean by flattening the image out here. Made some small tweaks regardless.

I just mean that if you have two things side by side and one's supposed to be closer to the viewer, the closer thing should have more high-contrast detail relative to the further thing.

• Locked thread