Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Today's ep was okay.

Next week... It begins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

they're gonna wrap up 2 cases in 9 episodes?

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

they're gonna wrap up 2 cases in 9 episodes?

Or we're getting 9 episodes of lovingly animated circus arc because :dance:

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
4 episodes for the circus, and 5 for the last. Also since the anime has decided to forego Psychelocks(And I don't blame them, they're very gamey and would probably be super awkward in the animation) that's alot of the time eating back and forths they can write out.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Axle_Stukov posted:

4 episodes for the circus, and 5 for the last. Also since the anime has decided to forego Psychelocks(And I don't blame them, they're very gamey and would probably be super awkward in the animation) that's alot of the time eating back and forths they can write out.

They'll miss out out on what 100% justified their inclusion though.

If they ever adapt AAI 2 they'd better loving have the Chess Dimension

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
i cant believe maya ate that entire burger

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
I'd love to know who the gently caress directed that monkey scene. :psyduck: Not that it was bad or anything, it just felt very... different.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
What kind of security guard is that, laughing at the suspect during a lawyer's visit. How unprofessional of him.

That whole scene with Money was weird. Then again, there was that option to go mano-a-monkey in the game too...

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
I am so happy that they went with the obvious best option for that scene.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The show looks a lot better than it did in the first twelve episodes, or I'm going crazy.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I went back and checked my last save game, and it looks like I'd just started this case in the game.

Awesome:

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

dragon enthusiast posted:

i cant believe maya ate that entire burger

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
Gorgeous!

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The loving sweater.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
It's a fond memory from the time a woman expressed interest in him without her being falsely accused of murder.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 9, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"burger noodles"

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I can appreciate that they've fixed 2-3 by cutting 80% of it including some of the most creepy poo poo about the case and by purging Moe's entire testimony of bad puns.

All the more time for 2-4. (Though rip 2-1)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LostRook posted:

It's a fond memory from the time a woman expressed interest in him without her being falsely accused of murder.

Yeah, key word here being "falsely"

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

legoman727 posted:

I can appreciate that they've fixed 2-3 by cutting 80% of it including some of the most creepy poo poo about the case and by purging Moe's entire testimony of bad puns.

I'm sure if the show returns to do the third game they'll do 2-1 first to not only refresh the audience but also transition to 3-1.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

legoman727 posted:

Sounds like they ruined it

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Am I misremembering or was the game a lot less obvious about Edgeworth not actually being dead?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, I mean, he was on the boxart. What was he gonna do, not appear?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, I mean, he was on the boxart. What was he gonna do, not appear?

Are you sure about that?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ah, I forgot about the GBA boxart. I guess it's kinda hard for the western audience to be able to tell these things because we got the games when they were a completed trilogy.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I don't really remember much about the actual case in the game, but this episode might have actually been better than the game

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I reckon about 90% of the frustrations of this story are gameplay-based. Never before (and never again thank gently caress) did imprecisely pressing a witness make you lose the case. Take that away and Moe's just Barbara Dunkelman without* the sex appeal.

Gumshoe's gotta be salty as, though. He makes a cute little model building with a pullable string and Phoenix one-ups him the next day with a goddamn stage show.

...also, apparently there is such a thing as burger noodles. Well, noodles with a Hamburg steak in them. Which wasn't what Moe was eating, but it's still a much smoother translation than the crap 4Kids pulled.

(*YKINMK and I don't need to know about it.)

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
They used 2D animated jurors for this case. I hope they continue to do so. They look so much better than the 3D animated ones.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Of all the cases to be improved by the anime, this was the last one I was expecting. Like amazingly improved. I hope 2-4 continues this strong and we get the go on a second season if it keeps this up.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
the best part about this case

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Max, you need to perfect some magic trick that keeps your shirt fluttering behind you because... otherwise, it just looks very silly.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Axle_Stukov posted:

Of all the cases to be improved by the anime, this was the last one I was expecting. Like amazingly improved. I hope 2-4 continues this strong and we get the go on a second season if it keeps this up.

Agreed on this. A lot of the characters of this case actually became far more likable than the game versions, and it's one of the few cases that really benefited from having stuff cut from it to save time.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I haven't watched this case yet but please don't insult my friend Moe

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This case also definitely benefited from being in an anime and not a visual novel, the whole stageshow Nick pulled was a highlight of the episode and something that only works because of the medium involved.

The emotional payoff of the case also felt far heavier here than in the games, although that might be because the cast of 2-3 was actually likable here.

Man, Lotta and the Berry Big Circus are better in the anime, and it helped pacing somewhat...can we get an AAI anime? I'd love to see the final case of that with far less padding.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

"You did it."
"ARGH!!! H-how...?!"

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Why am I reading a Kotaku article about Bananya in the Ace Attorney anime thr- oh.

Oh.

:objection:, nya

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Without context a lot of the thread won't get that the banana cat is voiced by Phoenix Wright, The Deviations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I don't suppose how much I fretted over what to reveal and whether or not to use a spoiler tag matters...

Oh well.

And technically, he's voiced by Nyaruhodou Ryuuichi.:sotw:

• Locked thread