Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah it changes everything lol

i really like how the scythe boss to the south is like, your final exam on "do you have this dodge in dodge out rhythm down" because he will loving destroy you if you dont

i just did him by doing the attack dash whnever he came running at me and shooting him whn he does a throw, prtty much never hit him with a normal attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the reward for getting 800 dashes in that room is a purple outfit that halves all stamina use. that sounds awesome but gently caress that

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm probably gonna set up a keyboard macro for it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Games says it's easier to chain and aim with m+k... Haven't tested but apparently you always dash towards our cursor

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Bobnumerotres posted:

also, its really evident that the north got the most love and dev time lol. like, when youre finding secrets and stuff you can stumble into whole little worlds and beautiful scenic views, rooms that tell you more of the story etc. and the 8-gate door houses its own super dungeon full of traps and a HUGE battle at the end that's super satisfying

in the other worlds its just like..heres a small room with a gearbit. the 8-door is just like, two small rooms. everything is kind of a disappointment after north lol

just did the 8-door in east zone. seemed pretty cool. good fight at the end.

idk. haven't done the others yet.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

so i figured out what those big stone slabs in hidden areas are for.

in the north, in that big room with the key door in it, there's a secret towards the bottom left area. i dont wanna say too much but its p. straighforward from there and you should explore that area till the end

you mean the village, right? the only secret i found in the bottom-left just has a health kit and a (possibly bugged) hole that i can walk into to take damage - is there something i'm missing?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

you mean the village, right? the only secret i found in the bottom-left just has a health kit and a (possibly bugged) hole that i can walk into to take damage - is there something i'm missing?

No, this is a something special which you will notice when you see it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

No, this is a something special which you will notice when you see it.

theres also no other secret like it in the game, another credit to the north lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I'm probably gonna set up a keyboard macro for it

ill download someone else's macro for it lol. i got as far as 400+ and messed up. that is so crazy

Dec 26, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Games says it's easier to chain and aim with m+k... Haven't tested but apparently you always dash towards our cursor

maybe once youre used to it, i found it way way way harder to play with m+k though

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

theres also no other secret like it in the game, another credit to the north lol

There is at least one in every area, assuming you mean the lore stone things

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the southern 8 node door just leaves you wanting more lol. they max out the crazy for two rooms and it's over

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the only thing that keeps me from saying this game is perfect is that it feels like getting all the nodes and doing all the secret stuff will unlock some super dungeon+boss that really tests all the skills you've built up and it doesnt. you just have more stuff

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

the only thing that keeps me from saying this game is perfect is that it feels like getting all the nodes and doing all the secret stuff will unlock some super dungeon+boss that really tests all the skills you've built up and it doesnt. you just have more stuff

That's the final boss IMO.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im so lost

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

That's the final boss IMO.

idk. theres this whole second layer to the game that you can miss, and it really feels like youll get some acknowledgement for tackling all of the extra hard content in that. a bonus boss, or anything really and you get nothing lol unless you count the costumes

what do you need help on bud

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

i beat the north boss and now i feel powerful

the west boss still utterly destroys me tho lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I kinda wish you got to keep your costumes from NG in NG+ because they would really help with this poo poo. However, the default cloak being black is sw33t.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

i beat the north boss and now i feel powerful

the west boss still utterly destroys me tho lol

He's the most Dark Souls out of all the bosses if you know what I mean... Learn the timing and distance of his two and three swing combos, and punish him just after he ends. If you have the laser rifle or bullet reflect upgrade you can take potshots at him while he's shooting the big green bullets at you too.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

what do you need help on bud

nvm im good now i think. i walked to the left and i was in the woods and just got overwhelmed not understand anything but im getting it. going right now.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

I kinda wish you got to keep your costumes from NG in NG+ because they would really help with this poo poo. However, the default cloak being black is sw33t.

He's the most Dark Souls out of all the bosses if you know what I mean... Learn the timing and distance of his two and three swing combos, and punish him just after he ends. If you have the laser rifle or bullet reflect upgrade you can take potshots at him while he's shooting the big green bullets at you too.

yah theres moments when I have the timing all down and I'm doing awesome and then it vanishes. I still have to do east so i'll prolly hit that up before i go back. i hear the shotgun makes him a bit easier too so

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the shotgun and bullet deflect w/ sword are game changers

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
the latest update causes the game to crash every time i leave a room. nice.

luckily there's an option to play with the last version of the game. hopefully that works...

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

yah theres moments when I have the timing all down and I'm doing awesome and then it vanishes. I still have to do east so i'll prolly hit that up before i go back. i hear the shotgun makes him a bit easier too so

do you have the charge swing? give him a taste of his own medicine

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

the latest update causes the game to crash every time i leave a room. nice.

luckily there's an option to play with the last version of the game. hopefully that works...

Thats what you get for playing on Mac.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Thats what you get for playing on Mac.

Ruthless

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Sex Tragedy posted:

do you have the charge swing? give him a taste of his own medicine

I got that and tried it but it messes up my timing and he owns me

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

i love this game, looking forward to sinking more hours into it, but i'm stuck in the western forest because i can't find the last crystal i need to fight the boss >.<

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
>.<

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I got that and tried it but it messes up my timing and he owns me

the charge time is really short, like the shortest ive seen in any game. practice getting those slashes out and youll wreck

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

After hours of repeatedly scouring the west zone i finally found the third crystal all the way at the at the very beginning. I died like 20 times at the boss but it only made beating him that much more satisfying. I love this game.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i just got this, did the east zone and its 8 piece door, and theres still stuff i dont have in the area. this game is cool

There's one of those little pedestals that you're supposed to shoot on the south side of the east zone, but when i shoot it, it just buzzes for a second and doesn't activate. do some of those things need to be hit by a specific gun?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I unlocked everything and beat the game. Its good. The final boss fight is also good. I'm not going to bother playing all the way through it again on NG+ though, especially since NG+ only gives you 2 max hp or some poo poo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hyper pie shitter!!÷!÷÷!!!!!!!!!!! ! ! !

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Bought this game last night, beat the northern boss.

This is a good game

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Is it possible to beat crystal king with a mouse and keyboard or should I get a controller

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Constr posted:

Is it possible to beat crystal king with a mouse and keyboard or should I get a controller

depends on whether or not you want to shotgun him

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I want this on my aids machine: the ps4

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Finally saw this is on consoles. Gonna play it
It's actually on sale until tomorrow on psn

I lied it's on sale until Tuesday

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Dec 19, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Have fun. I really liked it a lot but wasn't gonna 100% it, there's way too much little hidden stuff that I would have had to use a guide & in that case, what's the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i just started playing this after getting it on a sale recently and holy poo poo this is an amazing game

• Locked thread