Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Just chiming in to say this anime's loving great. just wonderful in every way. Especially the end of episode 2.

I mean, the thought to me is what is this show aiming for, it's aiming to be a superhero shounen punch series, just because it's in a familiar genre with familiar ideas doesnt exclude it from being legitimately great. Some guy here says that it's bland rice, I disagree wholeheartedly, it's like the difference between two different Rice Currys, the ingredients may be the same, but the mix and love put into this show makes it really effective and more interesting to experience in it's food category.

Like, even though the setup and flow is super familiar, it's really really well made and well told. it's really a show that's greater than the sum of its parts, and it has a slightly unique style to it so that's a plus.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

a kitten posted:

Hustle! Hustle! Muscle! Muscle!

Oh wait, wrong show.

I'm not going to lie, that phrase has entered my vocabulary.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

dogsicle posted:

it's not the same if you don't pronounce it hassuru hassuru massuru massuru

Of course I do. there's no other way to say it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

After having a spectacularly lovely couple of weeks, Today I received an unexpected letter of encouragement from someone I respect and look up to, and the entire goddamn time I had the awesome music from the end of episode 2 playing in my head and as I was reading the email all I could hear was All-Might going " You Can Become a Hero".

Manly Tears of hope and determination were shed.

This show really makes up with it's pure sincerity, big heart and cool art style and characters, and excellent pacing.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

All Might is loving Awesome. God drat.

Also, I think all might is a walking example of what a massive difference the right voice actor can make, all might's voice is so loving radical it's like, half his character.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

sometimes a vanilla ice cream is exactly what we need sometimes, and this show is the best tasting vanilla ice cream to come out in a loooong while.

• Locked thread