Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

a kitten posted:

That big robot is cool as heck.

And god drat, that hosed him up.:stonklol:

Yeah, this is why we manga-readers didn't get held up on the apparent bait-and-switch premise. He has a power, but he has to work for it and it has a cost.

And yes, jesus christ, those flappy arms. I think we need a gif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Should probably mention that one of the students in Class 1A here has a power that is literally "My arms are tape dispensers".

He can use them to swing around like Spider-man.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Rohan Kishibe posted:

What I was thinking was that for the ball toss, she just held onto the ball and ran with it until she felt she got far enough.

Now I want to see an omake "How Hagakure (invisible girl) passed the fitness test" and it's just her carrying the ball, calling out her sit-ups and so on.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Oxxidation posted:

I like Bakugou a lot because the story refuses to soften up his character. Horikoshi said at one point that he was originally written as a typical golden-boy archetype, cheerful and optimistic to the point of obnoxiousness ("It's okay that you messed up! Anyone can do better if they try!" etc etc), but it's way more interesting to have him in that constant state of gnashing fury at everything and everyone always, himself included. Under all of Bakugou's antagonism is a red-hot vein of self-loathing, because his impossible standards apply to him as well and he's eternally pissed at the world for not falling in line with his expectations and at himself for not being to surpass everyone anyway.

Like someone else said earlier, this actually does make him a pretty good candidate for a hero, because his relentless self-improvement and confidence in his own power inspires other people to do better, too. He's just such an absolute shithead that his "heroic" qualities are more or less a happy accident.

All this talk about Bakugo's original intended personality and what if the roles were switched has me thinking "What if MHA were Teppu?"

And that has me thinking, "What if we had more Teppu?" and then I get sad.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't think we'll have to wait too long, the marketability of this series is pretty insane.

Plus the manga has just come to a point that I think would make for a natural break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mordja posted:

I like that there's a superhero whose power is just GUN. And that he has zero qualms in using it to kneecap a motherfucker.

I loved this show, definitely one of my top picks for the season, maybe even the whole year. It was just so optimistic and entertaining and badass.

Kneecaps?

I think I know who is under that mask.

• Locked thread