Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like this episode

I don't like Bakugo

But he's a more well written character than most characters like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mordaedil posted:

Oh, you think people like-like him? I don't think anyone like-likes Bakugo. He's written to be unlikeable and people like how well that is done.

I know he's written to be unlikeable, but I find him more annoying than anything else. Like I actively don't want to see him, it's not a begrudging "Oh I don't like him but it's cool." But the latest manga chapters have been better with making me like him a lot more and I will say nothing about those.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually like Todoroki's outfit because it feels so plain in contrast with everyone else's that it works

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't care for Deku's outfit, but I don't see the hate for Todoroki's at all

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Countblanc posted:

i had forgotten that Ojiro and invisible girl were a team, now it suddenly makes sense why half the image results for the former are shipping him with the latter

They're both good and her name is Hagakure

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't like Thirteen's voice too much, but this new ep was alright even if it was mostly just the class rep stuff.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It seems more shonen adaptations seem to be taking the "Do a season then do another one down the road" instead of filler hell.

Which has its own issues sure, but I'd like to think this kind of thing is preferable, though I would actually like to seem some silly high school filler shenanigans in MHA.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I prefer MHA when it's in its lighter moments as opposed to its action, which isn't to say it's bad or whatever, just that I think these characters are better suited to things closer to slice of life and poo poo. I'd be all in Deku, Uraraka and Bakugo just loving around in school with their crazy rear end teachers.

This is how I feel about like Blue Exorcist. It's a really fun series when the plot isn't happening and the characters are all being dorky teenagers that are like "Oh man, who the hell is Rin gonna ask out to prom!?"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The answer is always Bon

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All of them were good

Especially Shiemi, she's like the Ochaco of BE

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sabat's performance at first just sorta apes Kenta Miyake which is lame, but he reigns it in more afterwards and a lot of his delivery as Skinny All Might is loving great.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Raenir Salazar posted:

Why isn't Michael Jones Bakugo? :( He's perfect for the role in every way!

Because he works for Rooster Teeth not funimation

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oh it's Shigaraki.

It's actually Eric Vale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That is one thing and it's not like Funimation hasn't contracted people outside of their studio before once in a while. It's not a thing you should expect ever though, it's almost always out of weird exceptions like Bryce Pappenbrook. He's done two other series for them too, but unless he becomes a commonly used actor, I would not ever pin my hopes on him voicing a character.

• Locked thread