Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a second season next year. I think there's already enough content past the estimated stopping point for at least 12 episodes.

There is enough to do 24 episodes easy, I think they just want to space things out so they always have plenty of material ready to cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Izuku's mom is cool. :3:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Let's stop with the vague manga spoilers guys, it only leads to bad places.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Condiv posted:

this episode sucked imo

very little happened during the episode

you suck imo.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Condiv posted:

please cry a bit more cause someone didn't like the episode. current mha is really good and leaves me anxious to find out what's coming next. this episode is reflective of the weakness of the earliest chapters, and it's kinda tough to get past again

Nope, wrong.

If you can't see why this episode was good and important then there is no hope for you.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Condiv posted:

the events of the episode could've been compressed a hell of a lot more than they were. we didn't need longish flashbacks of poo poo that happened just last episode for example. i'm not a fan of how the anime is being handled (david pro has spoiled me)

The flashbacks were used well, they were there so that we don't just have characters monologuing with no context, in other words they were used the way flashbacks are supposed to be used.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Condiv posted:

they were unnecessary, could've squeezed in a bit more of the next chapters instead of wasting a third of the episode on them. flashbacks to poo poo we've already seen in a previous episode suck unless they're really short

There was a two minute recap at the start of the episode and maybe a minute of flashbacks other than that during the episode, you're a baby.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

El Burbo posted:

He's right, a recap flashback at the start of every single episode is unecessary.

I disagree, but we could argue about that for days. However I don't think omitting a two minute recap of the end of the previous episode would have elevated this episode from "Suck" and "Nothing happened".

The only way someone thinks this episode sucks and that nothing happened is if they don't give a poo poo about Midoria's Bakugou's character development and getting introductions to the various side characters.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Condiv posted:

2 minutes plus the flashbacks of poo poo we saw not 3 episodes ago while midoriya was knocked out. this episode adapted less than one chapter of manga, so yeah, nothing happened and this episode sucked. last episode adapted 2.5 chapters easily and still didn't toss aside anything important.

Bakugou & Midoria's character development and the side characters "suck" and are "nothing", got it! :)

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Condiv posted:

nah, their development was important, but it was dragged out way too much. like i said, this episode adapted less than a chapter of material. last episode was able to adapt 2.5 chapters and it didn't rush the material. it's obvious they dragged this episode out so they could end this season after the next arc, but it makes this episode suck. but keep on crying because someone has a different opinion on an anime than you.

Ok, Mr. Ace Director, show me how you compress everything in this episode into 4.5 minutes, I say 4.5 minutes because that is how much you would have to compress things to fit 2.5 chapters into this episode.

Also if you can't handle other people arguing with you you should not post.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

Someone said they didn't like one episode of a thing, it's a perfectly valid criticism to say the pacing was bad in this episode. You don't have to be the anime defense squad.

So I'm not allowed to disagree and say so, or ask them to show that their criticism is valid? Saying the pacing was bad is a valid criticism if you have some reasoning behind it, they haven't shown that they do.

Condiv posted:

:laffo: you're the one whining at me for having a different opinion on the episode than you. you even dare me to make a better episode. it's pretty sad how important this anime is to you. as for things that could fix the episode, i've already agreed with stuff some other posters have suggested.

No one has suggested anything that does what you are asking for, try again. And yeah, I actually respect the work being put into this by the anime team, I think it's pretty lovely of you to take a big steaming dump on their hard work for no reason.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Condiv posted:

there you go. this episode didn't need to adapt 2.5 chapters like last, but it needed more going on than it did. now stop being such a baby because i didn't like an episode you did.

I still don't see what can be cut other than the three minutes of flashbacks across the whole episode. I think going with a cold open would be jarring and would not give enough context for the following scenes. I don't see how you compress all the other scenes in the episode to make room for more stuff, or at least enough extra content to take an episode that you see as poo poo all the way to being good. That is why I'm asking you to explain what changes you want made and how those changes wouldn't ruin the rest of the episode.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

Maybe there's no great solution and we'll all just have to live with the fact that some people think a good series may have a mediocre episode in the middle of its first run.

Is it fair or reasonable to ask for something unfixable to be fixed?

I think the problem here has everything to do with adapting manga to anime and the only solution is to not make an anime in the first place.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

That episode was drat good, seeing the fight in motion really improves on the manga.

I'm just sad that we will have to wait for another season to see the part where the students come up with hero names, because some of the names they come up with are god drat hilarious.

And we haven't seen the kids from the other class either, most of whom are super cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

HellCopter posted:

Bahaha. Like a SHAFT production. I made the right choice by not watching it yet.

Nope.

• Locked thread