Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

i think it wasn't a particularly great first episode, aside from the stellar use of Horikoshi's faces and the voicework. the setup to the series isn't why it's good, and it really comes off as just slightly above standard shonen, by virtue of Deku being a good protagonist. dragging that average intro out for two weeks seems like a bad idea, especially given the short season. i really wanted the Sports Festival animated but i'm not sure that's gonna happen now. :(

As someone who hasn't read the manga that sounds right to me. The production was fine enough but the setup might as well have been Naruto but with superheroes. I figure I'll either set it on the backburner for when the season is complete and/or check out the manga at some point.

Peel posted:

I agree with the people who think this would have benefited from a double-length E01. By the third episode we should be at UA and have a better view of the series, so the 3-episode test works to its benefit.

What I usually find rough about the notion of the 3 episode test is at the end of the day the goal of a first episode should be to convince the viewer to watch the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's primarily an episodic series, the show could end in a single episode if they wanted to.

But that's how it stays popular, you could not watch it for a year or two and start watching the newest episode with no problems

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

For a variety of reasons it's hard to get western fans interested in completely episodic stuffs. If I had seen more than a few bits of Conan I would make a thread but I just don't have the knowledge

• Locked thread