Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Where all is this being hosted? I know it's on Hulu, but you need a subscription to see it right now. Is that the only place that's (legitimately) hosting it?

Also, All Might's quirk is One for All.

Funimation, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Depths posted:

Whats his power

Manga spoilers, but not very important ones:

It's fabric control. As in, he can manipulate and reshape clothing, with denim being particularly easy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V is at just over a hundred episodes and counting, and Pokemon is pretty eternal as well. Dragonball Super may count, too, even if it's relatively young.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I know that his character is "underdog" but it kind of shatters my immersion when Izuku's blowing out of his arse at minor physical exertion when all the other kids are perfectly fine when it's a plot point that he was training constantly and hard for a good 9 months under All Might.

The episode is really good though and Deku's mom is precious.

They explained that in this episode. His index finger was part bone chips, part sausage-meat, and 100% pain. That's going to throw anyone off their game. He was doing pretty well before the ball throw.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

Ka-chan's dad must have beaten the crap out of him.

To be honest, everything about him implies the opposite - he's a genius with a ridiculously powerful quirk who's always been treated like the king of the world, and can't handle that situation getting disrupted. That's especially why Deku pisses him off - while his fellow students at UA are highly-performing elites who he can expect to give him a challenge (although he'll always come in first place because he's Bakugou Katsuki), Deku, the quirkless nobody, trying to rise above his station is deeply irritating, and him actually managing to do it and coming close to Bakugou's lead is just existentially terrifying. It implies that he might not be so much of a chosen one after all.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm not really sure if "he's really spoiled" is sufficient to explain Bakugo's apparently limitless flow of rage.

'Superhero', in this setting, is the only job that allows unlimited quirk use. Basically, the job description is 'use your superpower to make the world a better place'. Bakugou's quirk is very powerful, so he and everyone else around him see being a superhero as the best possible use of his talents (it being an incredibly glamorous, elite job doesn't hurt, either). His quirk is also exclusively destructive - he's basically a living weapon. Therefore, he sees being a superhero, his destined role, as being a celebrated purveyor of state-sanctioned violence. In other words, responding to everything with howling berserker rage isn't just a result of a lack of boundaries. It's because he's been (probably accidentally) taught that his rage, his capacity for violence, is the greatest contribution he has to offer to society, and because everyone around him was so impressed with his potential that they forgot to teach him to only point it in the right direction.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It's important to remember that there's a clear dividing line between UA and the rest of the world. Until he joined, Bakugou was basically a child-god, and treated accordingly. Now he's just one of dozens of very talented students, he's got a worse attitude than pretty much any of them, and neither his classmates nor his teachers are especially prepared to put up with his poo poo. Remember that All Might didn't keep the fight going for Bakugou. He did it for Midoriya.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ochako is extremely good.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gyges posted:

I'm not sure even Japan can air a show fronted by a completely naked except for her gloves and shoes High School girl.

Go Nagai begs to differ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tollymain posted:

i wonder if we'll ever see what's going on under shouji's mask

What mask? :v:

• Locked thread