Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Darth Walrus posted:

Funimation, I think.

Bingo.

Also, gonna watch the heck out of this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Idgi. I enjoyed the first ep, but pretty much everyone in the chat thread is being flakey. I agree being only 13 episodes is lame, but they are acting like it's bland rice, which I don't get. :confused:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Parallax posted:

I thought this was alright, even though I find the premise dull. I really liked this bit of animation though

Kids are cute yeah :3:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The first 3 letters of the video I'D are rear end :allears:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm not too proud to say I teared up a bit at the end there. For some reason, the line "You can become a hero" has always resonated with me.

:same: This episode has all the payoff for the first, and serves as a better test for if you'll like the series as a whole.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dragonatrix posted:

Are there any other than One Piece, Detective Conan and I think maybe Fairy Tail at this point? All the other ones I can think of finished forever ago.

Naruto, though it's weird because the Manga has been over for over a year, and they are clearly milking it so as to give time for the boruto spinoff to get going. Kisha is pretty much done, but the zombie franchise (heh) will live on for quite some time.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Darth Walrus posted:

Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V is at just over a hundred episodes and counting, and Pokemon is pretty eternal as well. Dragonball Super may count, too, even if it's relatively young.

Arc-V will have around 150 episodes. We've known this from pretty much the start. I don't what the deal is with DB super anymore. Anybody care to give a summary of what has happened so far.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

A Mt. Lady anime.

Yes.
(For real though, it'd probably be good. She seems like she has her share of problems.)

Countblanc posted:

She's actually just mean and petty which you learn in some side comic involving an interview with a woman teacher you'll probably meet next episode.

Yeah, she mentions in the first one how she's doing it for fame, and not making enough money back because insurance can't cover all the damage her superpower does. It ends with her destroying the insurance building, iirc.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Genocyber posted:

Midoriya is great, All Might is bleh.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
More specifically, a couple of line reads from All Might were okay, but it doesn't sound natural (as natural as a superhero would sound, at least), and just feels like a lazy one-time delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

TriffTshngo posted:

I actually think the fact that All Might sounds like he's forcing it is perfect. Because, yknow, he IS forcing it.

The thing is, he's supposed to be a symbol of peace, and his facade should never crumble. So it sounding forced kinda makes it seem less "natural" than how he is trying to portray himself. Maybe I'm being too nitpicky.

• Locked thread