Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think it wasn't a particularly great first episode, aside from the stellar use of Horikoshi's faces and the voicework. the setup to the series isn't why it's good, and it really comes off as just slightly above standard shonen, by virtue of Deku being a good protagonist. dragging that average intro out for two weeks seems like a bad idea, especially given the short season. i really wanted the Sports Festival animated but i'm not sure that's gonna happen now. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's not the same if you don't pronounce it hassuru hassuru massuru massuru

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

So, like, fifty?

why are you so pessimistic? what basis for this are you getting from the first four episodes?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Every other big budget long-running anime series ever, of course.

you know this is only a 12-episode season, right?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think shows like Bleach and Naruto have turned people off the idea of filler as a whole, when it definitely can be used well to pad individual episodes or even add mini-arcs. Sailor Moon is a good example and i liked the filler in the 90's HxH too. on a smaller scale, the Stardust Crusaders anime added lots of small original bits that were also good.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 26, 2016

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ace of Diamond just finished an uninterrupted 126 episode run this year. dunno how that actually turned out though. World Trigger was another long-running shonen at 73 episodes, though i remember hearing it had production issues from the start.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Sabat's All Might is a little too fake sounding even if that's the point IMO.

Midoriya sounds perfect IMO.

Edit: for some reason now that I rewatch it Midoriya reminds me a bit of Morty for a scant few moments and now I can't unhear it

i definitely heard some Morty in there, lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

He could also just be a raging dick.

yeah. while i get these interpretations people are throwing out, it's not like the show or comic has gone out of its way to satisfyingly explore why Bakugou is the way he is. so i've grown to really dislike his shtick.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

You say that like the manga has progressed much further than it actually has.

i mean it's at the 90 chapter mark and the Bakugou/Deku relationship has gotten plenty of focus in which it could've significantly turned him around. i don't think it's terrible that it hasn't, but Bakugou is still a character i don't like because of that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

khy posted:

Where's the best place to watch this

legally, it's on Hulu and Funimation. :filez: shouldn't be hard to find if you're in an area not served by those two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Baal posted:

This is how I feel about like Blue Exorcist. It's a really fun series when the plot isn't happening and the characters are all being dorky teenagers that are like "Oh man, who the hell is Rin gonna ask out to prom!?"

the answer is Bon

• Locked thread