Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The manga's definitely good, though I've only read maybe half of it, but I'm not feeling the anime nearly as much probably due to its pace so far. Not that the anime's bad, but it doesn't really feel like a lot has happened yet which isn't a super good feeling to have going into episode 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This episode was definitely a step up in the pacing department and the action was quality too. Punching the big robot was awesome.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I know that his character is "underdog" but it kind of shatters my immersion when Izuku's blowing out of his arse at minor physical exertion when all the other kids are perfectly fine when it's a plot point that he was training constantly and hard for a good 9 months under All Might.

The episode is really good though and Deku's mom is precious.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Even before that, he's blowing from the sprint and stuff. Like, it does make thematic sense and all that, and it's far from a huge or even big deal, it just doesn't gel too well for me. Not like I'll say "this is awful, dropped" from it.

The dude would be a killer for his age going through what he did with/for All Might, basically.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Superheroes with masks are nerds and lame and bad and lovely and probably like western animation. Gross!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You don't need to hold a few frames, just set the final frame on a 3 second timer before it switches or something. 100kb is v restrictive in the end

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bakugo is guilty of going 200% Tsun in a 0 Tsun zone.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Feels like they decided to amplify the Uraraka cuteness factor by 500% this episode. It felt slow again though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Quite surprised the dub is already being made.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Some of them are chocolate, some are turds, his quirk is Russian Roulette

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I prefer MHA when it's in its lighter moments as opposed to its action, which isn't to say it's bad or whatever, just that I think these characters are better suited to things closer to slice of life and poo poo. I'd be all in Deku, Uraraka and Bakugo just loving around in school with their crazy rear end teachers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All Might's is super cuteness, which also has the side effect of all the other stuff he does.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's actually pretty good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Nah, not really

Yeah, I think it's probably fairer to say extremely good.

(He's probably the most nothing character in the entire series as far as people who aren't one-offs go)

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 6, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Hey, they finally sped up the pace a bit!

It didn't feel that way to me during. Still felt a very tepid pace.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's weird because MHA is actually really fast paced as a manga and the anime doesn't carry that along.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I had thought this weeks was the last episode of the series but clearly not. It was alright, the fight scene was good. I don't think I'll ever get into the pacing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There was supposed to be an All Might spin-off manga starting this month, but I don't know if that's still happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fun final episode. Sounds like season 2 is coming quite soon.

• Locked thread